• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R (DISCONTINUED SOON)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
- Acebeam W30 are NOT created equal
- Tested 3 Samples and Lumen range from 340-370 Stock But throw Range from 1.25Mcd - 1.7Mcd @ 30s

W30vn Sample 1: 500L, 1.5Mcd, Draw 4.75A @ Tail
W30vn Sample 2: 540L, 2Mcd, Draw 4.6A @ Tail
W30vn Sample 3: 570L, 2.6Mcd , Draw 4.75A @ Tail Clearly Brightest hot spot

All tested with fully charged Factory AB 5100mAh 21700
I am sure it has to do with the Aspheric focus

Headache Headache

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: Acebeam W30vn - The LED Thrower R

I will recharge all 3 cells and retest once more in the morning. I am suppose to be working on E07vn but this project is so intriguing its robbing my time.

scintillator

Enlightened

I don`t want to cause more work for you but I have been wondering how it performs underwater?lol

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

OK no surprises. I retest this morning with 3 fresh charged cells and all the numbers are close to yesterday. Still 1.5Mcd, 2.0Mcd and 2.6Mcd.

The 2.6Mcd one is truly exceptional

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I don`t want to cause more work for you but I have been wondering how it performs underwater?lol

I am sure its not a diving light but I can dunk it in water to check for sealing if you want.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Damn, what a variance. If only they would be taken apart to be individually tuned for focus. That's a very powerful laser under that layer of phosphor though so sounds dangerous.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Looks like it might be a good diving light.
They say underwater 100 meters and I don`t know if that is beam distance underwater or what?

http://www.acebeam.com/Content/Images/uploaded/W30/9.jpg

I think it makes for a terrible diving light due to the very narrow beam. Any distance under 200 gives a hot spot too tight. Above that range I think it expand enough to make it useful. I am sure at much greater distance we can light up much larger area but will then need binoculars LOL

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

No clue why the front lens needs to be so THICK! I think a thinner UCL lens might improve throw a bit more?

Aspheric is plastic but seems to be of high quality and is very sharp

Not sure what the jagon vocab is but I will refer to this as the reflector for now. The center angle post/mirror reflect the blue laser onto the phosphorus surfaces to produce a white beam.

Laser on the right. Yellow phosphorus surface on the center. I did not remove the two screw shown to see if I can adjust the phosphorus placement and see if I can change focusing....Hmm......Should I? I need to get back to E07vn orders hahaha

Last edited:

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seems as though the phosphor is separate from the laser. Laser looks like it can be unscrewed with a standard screwdriver or coin?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have an all cu e07 coming in today so I can wait on my second one. Just don't blind yourself with that laser.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Continue with the W30vn E07 friends will understand.Sending you my W30 today in mail. I knew when I saw this light it was something spec Ial hope mine is 2Mcd.

Actually they will slit my throat if I postpone working on the E07vn any longer LOL

scintillator

Enlightened

I might have an e07 in the works and I can wait no problem.

Is there a type of lens/cover that can diffuse the beam into a pleasant optic-like way to increase usability? I know it kind of defeats the purpose, but what if it were removable/interchangeable, or gave a new beam pattern while still maintaining epic throw? Especially in a Hi CRI version. Possibilities!!! Any ideas towards this direction?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Acebeam seemed to like the idea of an LEP zoomie, we'll see where that goes.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Be careful! The blue laser exposed like that might emit uv light, and only the lens is being used for uv filtering.