• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

WTB: Peak lights with colored LEDs

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... interested in hearing what you have, even if you don't want to sell....

None for sale, but I have several, including UV, amber, and red. Some single emitters, multiple emitters, and power emitters.

I think this is my most unusual ...

HCnj8D2.jpg

I believe the rarest of these is the "disco light show" (RGB) version, which I don't have. Cyan is pretty uncommon too.

Good luck on the hunt, these are pretty cool ....

:cool:

Last edited:

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I didn't know that Peak made one of those.
I've always thought something like that would be a great dog walking light.
At the moment I rely on the occasional car seeing the road lit up in front of me.
P

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
None for sale, but I have several, including UV, amber, and red. Some single emitters, multiple emitters, and power emitters.

I think this is my most unusual ...

HCnj8D2.jpg

I believe the rarest of these is the "disco light show" (RGB) version, which I don't have. Cyan is pretty uncommon too.

Good luck on the hunt, these are pretty cool ....

:cool:

nice! is that the Everest (double ended CR123) or Pike's Peak (Double ended Shasta)?

I've not seen any of the power leds, just the 5mm type.

for my Brass McKinley collection, I'm missing amber single LED, Cyan 7 led, and both single and 7 led in the pink/purple color.

I have a double ended Everest (McKinley) with 7 led white on one end, and a single red on the other...

Yeah, the RGB Disco lights are fun. I've got the single and 7 led mckinley, and a Shasta 3 led. all in brass.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
nice! is that the Everest (double ended CR123) or Pike's Peak (Double ended Shasta)?

I've not seen any of the power leds, just the 5mm type.

Yes, mine is the Pikes Peak, with power (color) leds for both.

for my Brass McKinley collection, I'm missing amber single LED, Cyan 7 led, and both single and 7 led in the pink/purple color.

I have seen the "pink/purple" option listed in ad copy, but have not ever seen one pictured or discussed, so that might actually be even rarer than the "RGB" ?

I have a double ended K2 (McKinley) with 7 led white on one end, and a single red on the other...

I think technically Peak referred to that as the "Everest" at one time, although I think they also have reused the Everest name later for a different model, the "Everest HA" ... :thinking:

The original K2 was sold as a flashlight plus a "battery storage compartment"

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...ghtReviews-com&p=650272&viewfull=1#post650272

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?58358-Peak-K2-hi-power-nice!

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?314751-Can-you-tell-me-more-about-the-Everest-HA

Yeah, the RGB Disco lights are fun. I've got the single and 7 led mckinley, and a Shasta 3 led. all in brass.

Very nice ! :eek:

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, Everest was only listed as such in 2004, then dropped and re-used later.....

I did a bunch of research on the Way Back Machine (archive.org) and created a checklist of sort similar to the Peak Models sheet I created last year.....

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
mcbrat, have you considered getting any Peak you like, and having it modded with the color LED you want? It is nice to get things the way you want it OEM from the manufacturer, but modding can also be satisfying. Or is it the specific lights that have the color LEDs that you want, that those model hosts are no longer available?

archimedes

Flashaholic
As I'm certain OP is aware, Peak will build custom versions to order, but the drivers are then potted and not (easily) modded

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
just making sure...

Sounds like it is the disco driver that is the thing not easily duplicated