OLD TV SHOWS/PROGRAM'S

harro

Enlightened
I'm sure there was a thread along these lines, but I cant see it anywhere. If so, maybe the moderator could combine them and this thread.

Hahaha, I have just found a very politically incorrect ' HIGHWAY PATROL '. I'm sure a lot of stateside members would know it, but I don't think we ever saw it in Aus. Supposedly the star, Broderick Crawford, was a bit of a heavy drinker, and a lot of the action was shot on closed and private roads around LA. According to WIKI, the real CHiP's would quite often broadcast, ' oh no, its old 502 again ', their code of the time for, ' we have caught Broderick again for drink driving '. Probably the most memorable comment thus far from him, would be ( apologies to Greta and our fairer sex members ), " You're like all women, you have an infatuation with the telephone ". Talk about cringeworthy. Certainly brings back memories of a different time.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The passing of Arte Johnson this week at age 95 has got me missing Laugh-In, I don't think there could ever be another show like that in any other era..

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The passing of Arte Johnson this week at age 95 has got me missing Laugh-In, I don't think there could ever be another show like that in any other era..

Artie Johnson has passed? Dang. I will have to get some Walnettos to remember him by. I loved his characters on Laugh-In.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Interesting.

But stupid![emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Anyone else remember Sheriff Lobo?
How about the original Mission Impossible series?

No way would the real Mr. Phelps turn traitor. Screw Tom Cruise and those movies!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yeah, Tom Cruise sucks at Mission Impossible.

At my work I'm Sam Beckett (the Quantam Leap guy) or Radar O'Reilly. I used to be Charlie Brown until I married the Little Red Haired Girl.

I like quoting from old TV shows, and really enjoy it when someone else gets what I just said. But I mostly quote from Looney Toons. (singing) "here comes Easter Rabbit hoo raaay" and stuff like that.

I think Hawaii 5-0 is my favorite classic. "book 'em Dano".

harro

Enlightened
Yeah, Tom Cruise sucks at Mission Impossible.

At my work I'm Sam Beckett (the Quantam Leap guy) or Radar O'Reilly. I used to be Charlie Brown until I married the Little Red Haired Girl.

I like quoting from old TV shows, and really enjoy it when someone else gets what I just said. But I mostly quote from Looney Toons. (singing) "here comes Easter Rabbit hoo raaay" and stuff like that.

Haha, there were a few notable quotes between Dano and Steve that could be misconstrued these days, and just some that you wouldn't even hear of, these days. EG; (Steve to May) ' Bring us some coffee, love '. (Steve to Physicist professor minder) 'Is that his secretary? Sure prettier than mine.'

From the first Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord and James MacArthur. Never really got into the new one, but people who did, say its a not bad series. Evidently, one of the lead actors is a relation to the original Chin Ho Kelly ( Kam Fong ).

Monocrom

Flashaholic
(Speaking into pen) "Open Channel D..."

:D

They never revealed much of the shadow organization they all worked for. Except, and I remember this clearly, the IMF (Impossible Mission Force) is part of Section 17. I think the only thing those damn movies got right was the existence of other IMF teams, as part of Section 17. There couldn't have been just one. After all, if Agent Phelps had chosen not to accept a certain mission, then who would have stepped in to do it? So, must have been other teams working independently of each other.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

My favorite one was the episode in which Duke was set up as a corrupt police officer. Lost his job, facing prosecution. By the end, everything was a mess. Both sides came out as losers. But Duke's name got cleared. Dano said something along the lines of, "So nobody wins." And McGarrett corrects him.

Oh Wow! I actually found a clip on YouTube showing that very scene! You can find literally anything on YT. Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om3RQcSBxQg

LGT

Enlightened
Politically incorrect? All in the Family was, and is the bastion of all political incorrectness that could be wrapped up into one sitcom series. Archie was basically making himself look like the buffoon with his narrow minded opinions, which I think made the show absolutely hilarious.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Politically incorrect? All in the Family was, and is the bastion of all political incorrectness that could be wrapped up into one sitcom series. Archie was basically making himself look like the buffoon with his narrow minded opinions, which I think made the show absolutely hilarious.

Well, you can be Politically Incorrect if you're showing those with certain viewpoints to be idiots, morons, or morally bankrupt. Archie started out like that. But became likeable to audiences despite never quite becoming "Progressive."

Plus, he had his moments. Though the writers made sure those didn't last long. Like the time he got arrested at a violent demonstration because his daughter told him that her husband was there, and she was worried about his safety. She didn't go there, herself. She got her daddy, man of the house, to go there and find his Meathead Son-in-Law. Even though he was suffering from a bad cold. But by the end he made a lame polish joke and ended up sitting in jail for a few more hours because of it. Which, ironically, likely made him more resentful of Polish people; not less.

Or the time the two moved away and Archie and Edith came to visit. Soon finding out that their marriage was in danger of divorce because Gloria cheated on Michael. Archie, ironically, instantly took Meathead's side over Gloria.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Well then I guess that makes the show even more politically incorrect. Which made the show all the more hilarious.

Well, think about it.... Who wants to watch a dramady full of PC?
That would be boring even by SJW standards.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, you are confused - channel D is from Man from U.N.C.L.E. - which most people thought meant something from the United Nations, but isn't.

:D

They never revealed much of the shadow organization they all worked for. Except, and I remember this clearly, the IMF (Impossible Mission Force) is part of Section 17. I think the only thing those damn movies got right was the existence of other IMF teams, as part of Section 17. There couldn't have been just one. After all, if Agent Phelps had chosen not to accept a certain mission, then who would have stepped in to do it? So, must have been other teams working independently of each other.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The man from UNCLE movie was cute enough to watch again in my view.

Now one most probably forgot starred Charles Bronson as a young man. Man With a Camera is cheesey in terms of todays crime show where the good guy always wins, bad guys say stuff like "well golly gee" or "knock it off or I'll be forced to konk you".
My favorite part is how he could take photos in complete darkness without flash with a silent camera and his 8x10 glossys were in perfect focus… everytime.

It was done in the late 50's.