Surefire Y300 Magnetic Belt clip on the new X300U-A mod question

Julian Conde

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I am a long time user of the now OOP Y300 from SF. This is the best platform I have ever used, and I would like to keep this model with me, I am a hard user and it stands all the abuse and the smaller signature on the belt is great for me.

But I would like to upgrade. Surefire told me they have no plans on releasing the Y300 again (non-gun type) that comes with the magnetic clip and a metal clip also. But they have the new X300U-A with 1000 Lumens (double what my Y300 has)

I have thought about adapting the Y300 magnet part on newer lights from the gun range, and now, with the new X300U-A, it looks to me that the locating screw holes are the same on the actual light body as my old Y300. I checked photos extensively and also asked Surefire about it, but they reply that "mods cannot be made by Surefire company" and since I can't find a X300U-A here in brasil to try it before bying, I need to make sure the magnet part screws in the same place as the new light. Can anyone help ? Anybody has the new X300U-A to take some measures of the light chassis and locating screws ?

it's not a cheap light, so I won't buy it without making sure.

Here is my design notes in red for both new and old models. The chassis looks the same. All the recesses are in the same place. What you guys think ?

Dropbox link image
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ljagtzfceeglbpk/Collage_Fotor.jpg?dl=0

Any light on this would be great !
Thanks
Julian

Latest posts