W30 Vs Maxtoch L2K sward vs Tn42vn W2 led Mod.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tn42vn W2 i measured 1.28m cd

W30 i measured 1.9M cd

Maxtoch I measured 2.01M cd

all measured at 10 meters.

Note the low exposed shot i was using protected batteries in the maxtoch. i found out samsung 30q is brighter. I only measured 1.8mcd with protected cells.

the top is the w30 the right side is the maxtoch and the the bottom left is the tn42vn w2

IMG_20190710_233033_1 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

IMG_20190711_002341 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

the top is the maxtoch bottom is the W30 at 450 feet
w30 vs maxtoch by Alex Littig, on Flickr

scout24

Flashaholic
Thanks for the beamshots! I find the specs on these staggering given we're in the infancy of this tech in handheld lighting. Nowhere to go but up... :)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the beamshots! I find the specs on these staggering given we're in the infancy of this tech in handheld lighting. Nowhere to go but up... :)

I developed several laser based lights but never released anything due to regulatory concerns. Given my knowledge I'd say the current crop is actually a little underwhelming given what I know is possible. I have yet to see a manufacturer of LEPs design a proper light engine. It would truly blow your mind how powerful these can be.

edit: Although I should amend my thought with the realization that it is fairly amazing what they are doing at the price point. I tend to think in terms of what is possible without a budget. ;)

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look at what Microfire are doing with their lep lights, all be it expensive.

I have seen their stuff and I stand by my earlier comment. They are either going really easy on the light engine or they didn't design it "right". I'm going with the latter. Seriously there is soooo much potential with LEP. The trick with these is figuring out how to keep the phosphor cool. A problem I solved.

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saab, not trying to doubt/diss/Etc but you have said/claimed a lot of things with Leds & Lasers and have not really shown anything to back it up. I'm just trying to understand your claims, you are saying that the Microfire Optispike S50 with 7,562.500 cd (5,500 meters throw) and Light storm S90 with 20,000,000 cd (9,000 meters throw) arn't as good/throwy as what you can make? please explain.

Also have you looked at what a guy called 'Enderman" can do with his stuff on another forum? he has built shown and sold them with HUGE throw numbers.

Again this is not an attack on you, please don't take it that way - I would just like you to clarify some of your statements because if you can build better and possibilly cheaper thrower, you will sell heaps.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saab, not trying to doubt/diss/Etc but you have said/claimed a lot of things with Leds & Lasers and have not really shown anything to back it up. I'm just trying to understand your claims, you are saying that the Microfire Optispike S50 with 7,562.500 cd (5,500 meters throw) and Light storm S90 with 20,000,000 cd (9,000 meters throw) arn't as good/throwy as what you can make? please explain.

Also have you looked at what a guy called 'Enderman" can do with his stuff on another forum? he has built shown and sold them with HUGE throw numbers.

Again this is not an attack on you, please don't take it that way - I would just like you to clarify some of your statements because if you can build better and possibilly cheaper thrower, you will sell heaps.

Point taken. You have been here long enough to know that I have pretty much always been a little bit secretive. A fact for which I have taken some hits for from some. And I understand why. It seems somewhat selfish to hoard knowledge. Especially when so much of what I have done over the years was built on the backs of other people who shared their knowledge. And to be fair I have shown many projects as well. Some with more detail on how they were accomplished than others. Ceramic substrate ablation being one of them. There were many technology show offs I did updating the community on my current records. And pictures were attached. I believe I was the first person to explore dedoming way back in the day. As in the XRE days. I developed a way to make them more powerful by water soaking the LEDs for days and then applying brief high current to split the silicone gel away from the phosphor. No I did not tell people what I was doing or how I did it but I was doing it. The tech was in an early edc I made and sold too. Don't know if anybody ever figured out that was what made it so powerful.

There is also my ability to pull whole sheets of phosphor off LEDs fully intact and transplanting them on other chips some of which I have shown in my threads. I have remounted entire chips and put them on solid diamond and copper. I can modify the phosphor itself to increase its performance. Pictures were shown of that. I have honed down the surface of XPG3s to remove their dimensionality. You'd be gobsmacked if you saw the level of research I have been involved in since I stopped selling flashlights. The best of which I dare not reveal.

I'm in this weird position though of being both an enthusiast that wants to tell everyone everything but knowing that due to the extreme amount of resources that it takes to do all this research it needs to pay for itself and if I just come out and give away all my secrets then other companies will take that and run with it. Probably before I can get it into a product and recoup my costs. So I ride this middle ground of just teasing everyone. I say what I say out of excitement and a desire to let people know what is possible.

All this to say that if I say it can be done it can be done. No one has to believe it and that's fine. I guess I just assume people would trust me as my having made the longest throwing lights for year on year was no fluke. Yes I have seen the lights enderman and others have done. It's not that I want to take away from their accomplishments but it doesn't impress me because I was doing more powerful stuff 5 years ago than what they are doing today. But I'll say this. I wasn't even that impressed with what I was doing then. In the sense that just adding larger and larger lenses and making small tweaks here and there, although really cool to see the spec numbers rise, really didn't seem like a feat of genius to me then nor now.

When it comes to my forays into lasers yeah I don't think I have ever shown anyone anything. I suppose it's a pride thing but I've never made one that is clean enough that I'd want to show someone. Just prototypes and proofs of concept. As I think you know I am not one to play second fiddle in the throw world so it is becoming clear to me that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and develop a product in the LEP market. I'd rather not to be honest with you simply because I detest "paper work". As in it literally makes me ill. Having to get regulatory approval is going to require that I believe. I'd rather some company just hire me and pay me for all my IP and let me lead a research team. Right now I have genuinely good inventions that need patent protection but I can't bring myself to write up all the paperwork necessary to do that. Sigh.

Can I beat the S90? Yes. Can I do it "cheaply"? No. Probably cheaper than what they are doing but not cheap in the grand scheme of things. I'm going to tease you yet again but I can beat that light at the same aperture with LEDs! Is it easy? No. Can I give you all the details? No. Just have to take my word for it. That said the end of LEDs as the go to solution for throwers is pretty much here. Expect a few more surprises from the LEDs though. ;)

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really appreciate your responce Michael, and thanks for sharing some info (it's slightly clearer mud now :0) I wish you well in your'e indevors and hope you will one day make a good living from your research. BTW PP trigger ready....... :poke: :wave:

Busa Dave

Newly Enlightened

☰ [h=1] Logo [/h]
What Are You Looking For? AllProducts What Are You Looking For?

Login by

Shop Settings

[h=2]Categories[/h]

[h=2]Popular tags[/h][h=2]Popular tags[/h]bicycle light bike front light Diving Light diving photography light everyday carry flashlight high cri flashlight high cri headlamp high intensity flashlight high performance tactical flashlight high power headlamp high power searchlight high powered ir flashlight high powered tactical flashlights mountain bike light professional flashlight for diving rechargeable side switch flashlight road bike lights searchlight tactical flashlight Tactical Rechargeable Flashlight uv flashlight white laser

[h=2]ACEBEAM W30 Discontinuation Notice[/h][h=5]Wednesday, November 6, 2019[/h]
Dear All,
ACEBEAM W30 is discontinued due to part problems, and all W30 production has been stopped already. Sorry in advance for any inconvenience.
There will be many new products recently and in the future, which can also bring you a wonderful using experience.
Thanks for your support all the time!

[h=2]Leave your comment[/h]
Title: Comment:

Newsletter Subscribe to our newsletter to get lastest news about our products.
newsletter

Wait...

Customer service

Information

technology

plato
plato-index.png

[email protected]

Copyright © 2019 ACEBEAM. All rights reserved. Powered by Shenzhen Zenbon Technology Co.,ltd