Small and good looking EDC Light

jacks_edc

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am going to vacation soon and I may need a light for outdoor adventures in the evening. First I filled out the questions!

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

This will be mail-order or Online (location doesn't matter).

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
Up to $75.

3) Format:
I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:
TINY - Every day carry (2-5 inches).

5) Emitter/Light source:
LED (known for efficiency, longevity, and compactness)
or HID (known for max output, but often at the expense of size)

6) Manufacturer:
I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.
I would like a light from a specialty manufacturer (Possibly limited run/Custom). (I dont know if something like Reylight is in this Category)

7) What power source do you want to use?
I intend to use "Primary"/Disposable Lithium batteries based on the usual AAA/AA/C/D and CR123 sized cells common to most stores (often a cold weather or long storage choice).
I intend to use Rechargeable cells based on less common formats (18500 or 18650 Li-Ion, RCR123, et-al).

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option
I don't care

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).
I am not really sure what I really need, 300+ may be nice, I will only be using it outdoors and maybe in an emergency indoors.

SPECIAL NOTE: Burst/Turbo mode Category - There are several lights that will run at a super bright maximum for a very limited period (usually 5-10 minutes) and then will "step-down" to a lower level for thermal control. Check here if this is acceptable.
Would be

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.

Narrow Flood: I want a sharply defined flood area that will project some distance for tasks like trail walking.
Wide Throw: I want a beam with a noticeable hot-center for distance throw and a significant amount of "side-spill". Good for rough trail hiking, search and rescue, and general distance work.
one of these two

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
5-25 yards/meters (check out a noise in the backyard)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).
I am not sure about this one

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Shouldnt fall apart if its dropped on an earth floor

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply):
I want a reverse clicky (For use with multi-mode/level lights).
best at the tail

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
I want multiple light levels. (Some lights have 5-16 light levels.)
Some other features arent assential but would be nice, like beacon mode or sos.

14)Material/Finish/Coating
Anodized Aluminum – either type II or III (Hard Anodized) (Aluminum, specifically HA, is the most common material/finish for today's higher end flashlights).
Titanium (durable and nearly as lightweight as aluminum, but can be moderately to significantly more expensive).
Most likely titanium will be not in my budget, but I will wait for your input.

15) Water resistance
IPX4 (Splash resistant)
would be nice, not essential tho

16) Storage conditions
In house (temperature/climate controlled environment)

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.
Dedicated R/G/B secondary LEDs.
Pocket/belt clip

So what is "good looking" for me? I do like flashlights like the ReyLight Gemini/Pineapple (In TI or AL it would be a nice option)/Krystal or the MecArmy PS12, but the interface seems to be not that good. I like these kind of asthetics, if I carry something I need to like the design too (kind of ackward, I now ^^)
I am owning a FW3A, which I havent avaible when going on holidays, so I cant take that one. I also looked up the Emisar D4S, but i dont find it asthetically pleasing. I also like to support maybe smaller designers or sellers, but my budget is kinda limited, so i wont be able to buy a custom light of some sort, so maybe a Custom design "massproduced"?

Hopefully some guys can help me!
Kind regards from Germany!

PS: If someone is selling fitting lights in germany, we could also work something out.

parametrek

Enlightened
Welcome to the forums.

Tiny with RGB is a tricky! The only decent RGB light in your budget that I know of is the $50 Jetbeam RRT26. But it is 6 inches long.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
Maybe Emisar D4v2? It's not "tiny" but it's pretty small for an 18650 light. As for good-looking .. I dunno. I think it looks okay, different colors, stainless bezel ring available. but it is a chunky.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
As just a generic EDC light the Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 is ideal. It offers four light levels with mode memory. It will take a primary alkaline or lithium cell, or a rechargeable NiMH as well. If you get into Li-Ion rechargeables, it will also work with a 14500 cell. It is white only.
The only light I know of that will do RGB as well as white is the Nitecore CU6, but its MSRP is $99.

jacks_edc

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to the forums.

Tiny with RGB is a tricky! The only decent RGB light in your budget that I know of is the $50 Jetbeam RRT26. But it is 6 inches long.
Else I would remove the RGB Option, it would have been a cool gimmick, but I see your point.
Maybe Emisar D4v2? It's not "tiny" but it's pretty small for an 18650 light. As for good-looking .. I dunno. I think it looks okay, different colors, stainless bezel ring available. but it is a chunky.
Pretty expensive here in Germany, but I will put it on my recommend-list! Thanks for the Input!
As just a generic EDC light the Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 is ideal. It offers four light levels with mode memory. It will take a primary alkaline or lithium cell, or a rechargeable NiMH as well. If you get into Li-Ion rechargeables, it will also work with a 14500 cell. It is white only.
The only light I know of that will do RGB as well as white is the Nitecore CU6, but its MSRP is $99.
Thanks, I will put the lumintop on my list!

boo5ted

Enlightened
Although not in the price range but Reylight will fit the bill for everything else and be the closest price wise imo.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about red/green secondaries. Just buy cheap thin cellophane in whatever color you want and put a rubber band over to hold in place. That opens up many many more options.