HDS and Your Ride

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought it might be neat to see what some of the HDS fans have for rides. 2 wheels, 4 wheels... no wheels...
Post some photos... and if you can get an HDS in the pic, so much the better but not necessary.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll start, and lower the tone. My HDS is in my pocket.....
truck.jpg

Last year's picture, but it's all I've got.
P

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
My HEEP and my type of ATV on the back
always a hds in the center console next to my victorinox swisstool

Attachments

• 3424E95C-EBA1-498A-B9B6-A1689F7FEB54.jpg
    3424E95C-EBA1-498A-B9B6-A1689F7FEB54.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 478

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pimp my ride! What vehicle is worthy to tote my HDS collection? My car is 13 years old. I intend to drive it until it dies, but everything dies. What's next? Is there a commuter car that embodies HDS values?

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
p1212218478-6.jpg
p1212206714-6.jpg
p3479142411-6.jpg
p3479174625-6.jpg

My old Dodge, during my old overland days in the 90s and early 2000s, before there was an overlander term, traveled all over North America, Yukon, Alaska, Artic, Moab, Southwest Desert, Idaho,etc etc etc, now the dodge is my daily farm truck (recent garage pic included). Graduated to the new ford after 23 years. Dark photo is a 2am photo in the NW territories above the clouds.

HDS in the rigs are a high noon, plus my daily 325nlt in the pocket, plus spare batteries and chargers.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see a theme here. Thought I would.
This has been my project since last October.

As purchased:

img-2262.jpg

img-2263.jpg

Current state... 95% done.

img-4252.jpg

img-4194.jpg

Beside the myriad of motor, transmission, and long arm suspension parts, every interior light was replaced with LED. The rear view mirror is now a dash cam that records out the front and out the rear, and the rear camera is always displayed on the mirror... can't see out the back otherwise (had the rear windows tinted to 95% on top of the privacy glass and that spare is kind of in the way). Can also set it to black which displays gps speed. Besides the light bar, there are right and left ally lights and rear spot lights above the license plate. All exterior lights are controlled by switches in the ashtray.

img-2991.jpg

img-3071.jpg

Still working on it. If I could just get Henry to make off-road lights.

And a little something for shooting in the desert when it is 108 degrees out.

img-4174.jpg

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
OMG, my (soon-to-be) new car, could almost fit in the back of all these American trucks :whistle:

Anyway, am looking to buy the new Opel Corsa. And yes, that thing is electric!

2ur6nm8.jpg
214e1s.jpg

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Roads? Where Hogo is going he doesn't need roads...
Hogo, if all the switches are in the ashtray, how do you empty your fancy tobacco pipes or ash cigars? For some reason I picture you off roading with a stogie... :D I picture Arnold Schwarzenegger driving a Humvee the same way. HAHA
All those sweet lights inside... where is the flux capacitor?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roads? Where Hogo is going he doesn't need roads...
Hogo, if all the switches are in the ashtray, how do you empty your fancy tobacco pipes or ash cigars? For some reason I picture you off roading with a stogie... :D I picture Arnold Schwarzenegger driving a Humvee the same way. HAHA
All those sweet lights inside... where is the flux capacitor?

Actually, this was the only vehicle I have ever owned that I would smoke in.
img-5908.jpg

I finally sold it this year as I could never get the air conditioning to blow cold here in July... and I couldn't get all my guns in the back. The door locks never worked properly either.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get one of those for my Jeep Grand Cherokee?

It's an Auto-Vox X1 Pro. 9.88 inch full touch screen. 1296p front and 720p rear camera. You can pull the micro SD card, and on a Windows computer, you can install software that, when you play a video, will show your speed and point on a map for both front and rear dash cams. Very cool if someone should do something silly and require you to rattle can the finish back on an off-road bumper. It also replaces your factory mirror so you don't have crap and wires hanging all over the place. I liked it so much, I did the CPF thing and bought 2... one in the closet "just in case".
I drive with the screen showing the rear camera, but it records both front and rear at the same time. Install is pretty easy as well. I didn't even have to ask Henry for help! LOL
Amazon and Ebay have them. I went with Amazon.
Has a lot of great features... one of which is not recording what you are saying in the vehicle. I turned that one off. I listen to myself cuss like a sailor enough when I drive that I didn't think I needed that recorded as well.

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
My HCRI 200lm Clicky on my Scooby Doo Crosstrek. 6 speed stick so nobody asks to borrow it. Gave up my Wrangler 4 door to get into this, my Wife drives a Wrangler 2 door Rubicon. :)

View attachment 10581

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
I see a theme here. Thought I would.
This has been my project since last October.

As purchased:

img-2262.jpg

img-2263.jpg

Current state... 95% done.

img-4252.jpg

img-4194.jpg

Beside the myriad of motor, transmission, and long arm suspension parts, every interior light was replaced with LED. The rear view mirror is now a dash cam that records out the front and out the rear, and the rear camera is always displayed on the mirror... can't see out the back otherwise (had the rear windows tinted to 95% on top of the privacy glass and that spare is kind of in the way). Can also set it to black which displays gps speed. Besides the light bar, there are right and left ally lights and rear spot lights above the license plate. All exterior lights are controlled by switches in the ashtray.

img-2991.jpg

img-3071.jpg

Still working on it. If I could just get Henry to make off-road lights.

And a little something for shooting in the desert when it is 108 degrees out.

img-4174.jpg

Truly wonderful rig Dan!

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool rig Dan...

Since we are here
Two wheels... lit like a Christmas tree designed with UK busy and narrow roads in mind. The light to your right (small but bright) is the HDS Navy Seal 250 at 250 lumens. The one on the left is a triple led Exposure Lights UK Toro MK 9 at about 500 lumens

The 250 gives a pretty good bang for the buck!

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Actually, this was the only vehicle I have ever owned that I would smoke in.
I finally sold it this year as I could never get the air conditioning to blow cold here in July... and I couldn't get all my guns in the back. The door locks never worked properly either.

Okay- so it had some problems. But every time you would drive it, Richard Wagner's Ride Of The Valkyries would magically play from the heavens. I would think that alone should make up for at least a few of those shortcomings... :D

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
Now thats a nice WJ!! Great job. I had that vision once for my ZJ... oh if i had the time...

Yeah Hogo... i gotta thing for grand cherokees too.. lol.. the maroon WK is gone now- traded in on my wrangler

3374C7DC-011E-4D9B-BC60-BB574A8CF84C.jpg

Latest posts