Which Klarus - XT21X vs XT11GT vs XT11S?

Unsure

Newly Enlightened
My local shop here in Australia is having a 20% off sale on these Klarus torches. Anyone own one or compared these models to make a recommendation?

I was going to go with a Fenix PD35 v2.0 but the Klarus look similar enough in specs for what I am looking for in a torch and are attractively priced at the moment. So unless there is a difference in quality or performance I should be aware of then I'll take the opportunity to save a few $$$ and try a Klarus.

Zak

Enlightened
My experience having reviewed a couple of the Klarus XT series (XT2CR, XT12S) is that there is a difference in quality versus Fenix: Klarus is substantially worse. My XT2CR fell well short of advertised output, and would rapidly over-discharge unprotected batteries. My XT12S wasn't waterproof. Both had visible flicker and audible whine in some modes.

harro

Enlightened
Fenix is generally a pretty tidy package, but they aren't totally immune from the odd issue. Yeah, as Zak says, some Klarus have pwm which could be annoying. My XT12GT is pwm controlled on the two lowest levels, then CC on the higher ones. This seems to be pretty common in a lot of Klarus models. Is it a bad thing?? Well...… maybe, maybe not. I have been pretty lucky with the Klarus models I own, not suffering any real issues. A Klarus branded cell that came with one of them had a loose + nipple, as though it wasn't spot welded properly, and only the heat shrink was holding it in position. That was one of their 3600Mah 18650's. They generally are cheaper than Fenix, but I've seen a lot worse, quality wise. Are you going to knock it around a bit?? Maybe the Fenix is a tad tougher and has a bit tighter QC, but give Klarus their dues also.

Welcome to CPF also, its a good forum.

:welcome:lovecpf

Unsure

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Think I'll stick with the Fenix rather than take a chance.

Msingewald

Newly Enlightened
My XT21 has to be returned because it wouldn't charge. Kept getting the flashing yellow indicator. Waiting for a repair or replacement. Coming from Nitecore, I am a little disappointed.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
My XT21 has to be returned because it wouldn't charge. Kept getting the flashing yellow indicator. Waiting for a repair or replacement. Coming from Nitecore, I am a little disappointed.

Did you clean your contacts? My XT11GT only did that to me when the tail cap threads got dirty.