When are Tesla going to make a flashlight?

nzoomed

Newly Enlightened
When I learned that the Rivian pickup truck will have a flashlight incorporated into the drivers door, it made me think whether or not Tesla would ever produce and sell a flashlight in the future?

I totally would be first in line to buy one if they ever were to make one.
Would be a great promotional item for the company.
Could even have it run off their new 2170 cell!

Should we all bombard Elon Musk's twitter and ask him if they can make a flashlight? lol

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Probably the same time that Maglite makes a truck.Totally different areas of expertise.

nzoomed

Newly Enlightened
Probably the same time that Maglite makes a truck.Totally different areas of expertise.

Not exactly, Tesla is an energy company. They produce solar panels, cars, battery banks, inverters etc. Not that difficult for them to produce a flastlight, same cant be said for Mag trying to make cars.
Besides, Rivian are doing it, so not difficult for Tesla.
More than likely, they would simply contract it out to make one to their specs.
I very much doubt the boring company made their flamethrowers lol:devil:

CREEXHP70LED

Enlightened
Elon has higher ambitions than making a flashlight. He is more interested in sending his contracted 12,000 5G starlink satellites into lower earth orbit a mulit-billion dollar project, funded by taxpayers. Also, he wants his company Neuralink to implant computer chips into your brain to make computers be able to read your brain and basically control you more than they already do. This sick man has no plans to make a flashlight, and to be honest he doesn't even care about Tesla, it's a front to get his name out there and make him look better. He was the creater of PayPal and other companies, but I am not a fan of his to say the least.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I learned that the Rivian pickup truck will have a flashlight incorporated into the drivers door, it made me think whether or not Tesla would ever produce and sell a flashlight in the future?
I think Koito or Hella should make a flashlight.

Also, he wants his company Neuralink to implant computer chips into your brain to make computers be able to read your brain and basically control you more than they already do.
I missed that episode of Black Mirror.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elon has higher ambitions than making a flashlight. He is more interested in sending his contracted 12,000 5G starlink satellites into lower earth orbit a mulit-billion dollar project, funded by taxpayers. Also, he wants his company Neuralink to implant computer chips into your brain to make computers be able to read your brain and basically control you more than they already do. This sick man has no plans to make a flashlight, and to be honest he doesn't even care about Tesla, it's a front to get his name out there and make him look better. He was the creater of PayPal and other companies, but I am not a fan of his to say the least.

you got it backwards, sensors in the brain are so the person can control the computer, not computer controlling the person,

Kestrel

Flashaholic
OK; considering that this thread is in /General Flashlight Discussion/ rather than the /Cafe/ subforum, I'm thinking to ask about staying on the topic of flashlights; thanks in advance. :)

spyderco monkey

Newly Enlightened
I actually think Tesla would be very smart to release a flashlight, as well as a cell phone powerbank.

Both could use their new 2170 batteries that Tesla also produces, and it would be a simple, accessible product for Tesla fans to purchase. Since the 2170 has higher capacity then 1850's, combined with Tesla having world class engineers on staff, its likely they could produce some of the finest Flashlights and Cell Phone Battery banks in the world. And with the namebrand cache of Tesla, paired with their reputation for quality, they would likely sell a ton of them.

From a business standpoint, its an easy product to make, with a good profit margin. Pretty simple way for Tesla to inject millions of dollars into their bottom line.

nzoomed

Newly Enlightened
I actually think Tesla would be very smart to release a flashlight, as well as a cell phone powerbank.

Both could use their new 2170 batteries that Tesla also produces, and it would be a simple, accessible product for Tesla fans to purchase. Since the 2170 has higher capacity then 1850's, combined with Tesla having world class engineers on staff, its likely they could produce some of the finest Flashlights and Cell Phone Battery banks in the world. And with the namebrand cache of Tesla, paired with their reputation for quality, they would likely sell a ton of them.

From a business standpoint, its an easy product to make, with a good profit margin. Pretty simple way for Tesla to inject millions of dollars into their bottom line.
Yes, exactly how i feel also.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't Tesla release a cell phone power bank a while back?

I can totally see Tesla doing this. They've released surf boards and other consumer commodities in the past so a flashlight would definitely be doable for them.

The big drawback I've seen though is they tend to ask a premium when they put their logo on something. It will likely be a $20 flashlight that has a $100 price tag. Folks will definitely buy it but for me the cost would have to be commensurate with the quality.

spyderco monkey

Newly Enlightened
Didn't Tesla release a cell phone power bank a while back?

I can totally see Tesla doing this. They've released surf boards and other consumer commodities in the past so a flashlight would definitely be doable for them.

The big drawback I've seen though is they tend to ask a premium when they put their logo on something. It will likely be a $20 flashlight that has a $100 price tag. Folks will definitely buy it but for me the cost would have to be commensurate with the quality.

Yes, you're right. And its a very cool looking charger too.

I wonder if it can use aftermarket 18650's?
https://shop.tesla.com/us/en/product/apparel/powerbank.html?sku=8756721-00-A