Headlamp for reading

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a budget friendly headlamp, ~$25 or less, to use for reading. For example, reading in bed when a lamp is needed or reading outside when it's still a little dark. I've read some of the older threads and zebralight was highly recommended but I'm looking for something less expensive. Thanks!

likethevegetable

Enlightened
The Zebralight H503c or H503w would definitely be the very best option because it is a true mule as there would be no visible hotspot on the paper, and there are many low modes to choose from. I don't know of any other lights that offer these two qualities, which i think are important for reading.

But for less, I'd say the Thrunite TH20, Manker E03H or E02H are decent budget options. I would recommend adding some adhesive diffusion film called DC-Fix to the lens to even out the beam.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
To customize to whatever brightness you need, the near infinite output modes of the Thrunite TH20 would be my suggestion as well, with a piece of scotch tape over the lens to soften the beam.

J_C_S

Newly Enlightened
The Zebralight H503c or H503w would definitely be the very best option because it is a true mule as there would be no visible hotspot on the paper, and there are many low modes to choose from. I don't know of any other lights that offer these two qualities, which i think are important for reading.

But for less, I'd say the Thrunite TH20, Manker E03H or E02H are decent budget options. I would recommend adding some adhesive diffusion film called DC-Fix to the lens to even out the beam.

Manker E03 (AA) or E02 (AAA).

would you guys recommend the cree xp-g3 or the Nichia 219c for this purpose?