Jetbeam        

Thread: Headlamp for reading

Default Headlamp for reading

Iím looking for a budget friendly headlamp, ~$25 or less, to use for reading. For example, reading in bed when a lamp is needed or reading outside when itís still a little dark. Iíve read some of the older threads and zebralight was highly recommended but Iím looking for something less expensive. Thanks!

Flashaholic

Default Re: Headlamp for reading

The Zebralight H503c or H503w would definitely be the very best option because it is a true mule as there would be no visible hotspot on the paper, and there are many low modes to choose from. I don't know of any other lights that offer these two qualities, which i think are important for reading.

But for less, I'd say the Thrunite TH20, Manker E03H or E02H are decent budget options. I would recommend adding some adhesive diffusion film called DC-Fix to the lens to even out the beam.
    Right-angle is the right angle!

Flashaholic*

Manker E03 (AA) or E02 (AAA).

To customize to whatever brightness you need, the near infinite output modes of the Thrunite TH20 would be my suggestion as well, with a piece of scotch tape over the lens to soften the beam.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... E01

Quote Originally Posted by likethevegetable View Post
    The Zebralight H503c or H503w would definitely be the very best option because it is a true mule as there would be no visible hotspot on the paper, and there are many low modes to choose from. I don't know of any other lights that offer these two qualities, which i think are important for reading.

But for less, I'd say the Thrunite TH20, Manker E03H or E02H are decent budget options. I would recommend adding some adhesive diffusion film called DC-Fix to the lens to even out the beam.
    Quote Originally Posted by dealgrabber2002 View Post
    Manker E03 (AA) or E02 (AAA).
    would you guys recommend the cree xp-g3 or the Nichia 219c for this purpose?

Flashaholic

Nichia all the way
    Right-angle is the right angle!