Sky Lumen        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BE AMAZED! The New Fenix LD42 LED Flashlight Upgrade is Released

Default Re: BE AMAZED! The New Fenix LD42 LED Flashlight Upgrade is Released

How about an infinite rotary switch, but with detents at 1/3 and 2/3 max lumens (probably not same as 1/3 start to end distance).

No statement about Nimh on product page:
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-ld...t-1000-lumens/

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by lumen aeternum View Post
    How about an infinite rotary switch, but with detents at 1/3 and 2/3 max lumens (probably not same as 1/3 start to end distance).

No statement about Nimh on product page:
    https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-ld...t-1000-lumens/

If I recall correct TA 21 has infinite rotary mode ring. I would like a light with rotary mode ring and tail switch(or on/off switch close to the mode ring) with 3 modes: 10, 100 and 500 lumen. Like with TA 30(which has 9, 60 and 225lm) Yes, strobe as well but you can easily feel with your hand in the darkness what mode you put on because it's a distinct mechanic design. That means you can avoid accidental activation of strobe and know which mode is active before you turn the light on even without using your eyes. I like that.

I for one actually support the plastic body, so as long it is durable and of good quality(if we look at Streamlight/Pelican/UK, they are not all bad products).

I do own the LD41 but the weight is around 190 grams, which is almost twice as much as this new LD42 at 100 grams. Although the LD41 is quite well built, I did wish to see an iteration in lighter material which could sustain minor fall and drops. This weight reduction is certainly a welcomed change to me, and let's hope it is reasonably durable for use. And I do appreciate Fenix continue the effort to make large reflector 'thrower' using the primary batteries, so in different battery types, people can always find options to what they need.
    Last edited by AuroraLite; 09-02-2019 at 02:20 AM.
    Dummy Reference Guide to Minimag mod

I received this light yesterday. This light is quality through and through. Great interface, great beam. Very happy with this purchase.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12