The PhotonX Tala

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, I'm Ozy and I'm making a light!

This is a project I've been working on for a while with Leo Maquiniana of LM Toolworks, it's an alternate implementation of the CWF Dragon Driver. Has a mule ring of 8 secondary LEDs for a super bright and usable floody beam, that's clean with no artifacts from the optic.
Paired with a 20mm reflector you'll get a punchy throw, a prototype with an Olson Flat White LED reached out to almost 290 meters, in a pocket sized light, WITH a bright secondary flood beam!

Here's a pic the with blue secondaries, it will also be available in other colors and super high CRI white

This is will be the first in what will hopefully be a series of lights with flood rings, at all price levels. We're still in early development but It will launch as proper custom one offs, handmade by Leo, and then I will work to bring the design to production at more affordable prices.

fJckyhg.jpg

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice! Tala = Taschenlampe = Flashlight?

Eric

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tala_(goddess)

The most popular myth of Tala is that she is one of the three daughters of Bathala to a mortal woman. Her sisters include Mayari, the goddess of the moon and Hanan, the goddess of morning. She is known to have supported the creation of the Tagalog traditional constellations. Tala used light spheres or orbs to ferry men to safety at night

Leo is Filipino and I figure "orbs", rings, same thing :)

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah ok, in germany some people shorten the german word for flashlight taschenlampe to tala. Well, and since it´s going to be a flashlight..... ;)

Eric

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah ok, in germany some people shorten the german word for flashlight taschenlampe to tala. Well, and since it´s going to be a flashlight..... ;)

Eric

That's awesome, good to know!

So far there's only a single proto in aluminum but the design is very far from final so I can't share it yet. A brass proto will be made next that will probably be a lot closer to reality.