• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Malkoff Junkie Official M91BN Group Buy Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Group buy status update Aug 13, 2019

WE ARE ON!!

Aug 19th 2019...LED's ordered.

Sept 16th 2019: Gene has LED's... 2-3 weeks.

Oct 2nd 2019: THE Drop-ins HAVE LANDED

PLEASE READ POST#232 ON PAGE 8 for SHIPPING INSURANCE PREFERENCES.

ALL DROP-INS HAVE SHIPPED.

Phase two LED order and payment starts now. PM's have been sent to everyone regarding payment.
You can post in the thread when you send payment and I will mark you as paid in post #2.
If you did not receive a PM or have a question please post in the thread.
Thanks,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group buy details below.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED TO REFLECT EXTENDED DEADLINE.
This is a Group Buy for an M91B nuetral tint 5000K and if enough interest 4000K also.
I am working with Gene directly on this GB.

There is a minimum order quantity of 20 units, CONUS shipping only. Prepay price is $93.00 (This is the cost of the drop-in from Gene and the cost of the LED), plus shipping costs, to be calculated later.

20 is the minimum and I will do my best to include everyone who signs up prior to Aug 12, 2019.

If this sounds interesting, read on…

All communication should take place in the comments for transparency. I won't respond to PMs regarding this GB.

Phase 1 –Sign-Up:

- Indicate your willingness to participate in the group buy by posting the following in the comments: "I'm in for QTY x and your preferred color temp"
- Posting that you want to participate is a firm commitment to buy. Others are depending on you! Don't indicate that you're going to participate if you're "just thinking about it." Think about it first, then decide, then sign-up.
- Sign-up will last through 2359 hours on Aug 12, 2019.
- If we don't get to 20, then we will shut down.

20 is the minimum and I will do my best to include everyone who signs up prior to August 17th.

Phase 2 – Pre-Pay:

- If we get at least 20 buyers, you send $96.09 to me via PayPal Goods and Services. This breaks down to $96.09 minus $3.09 in PP fees = $93.00 which is Gene's exact quoted price.
- PP G&S protects you through Purchase Protection, so no gnashing of teeth over the small extra amount.
- Exact details on the information to send with your PP will be provided later!
- Pre-pay will last through 2359 hours on Aug 21, 2019.
- If some buyers don't pay by the Phase 2 deadline, I will possibly (a) kick in the difference or (b) shut down the GB and refund your money via PP by August 27, 2019.
- Once you pay, you're locked in until (a) you receive your head (b) the GB shuts down or (c) you trade your spot.

Phase 3 – LED ordering/Manufacturing:

- Once I have the LED's in hand the order will be placed with Gene
- I will post an update once the LED's have been ordered and have shipping confirmation.
- We wait ? During this time, I will check in with Gene weekly and post updates in the comments.
- This phase ends when Gene ships the drop-ins to me.

Phase 4 – Shipping to you:

- This phase starts when I receive the package from Gene.
- Assuming we make it this far, you will have 2 weeks to pay exact shipping costs, via Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box, PLUS an equal share of the bulk shipping cost of all the drop-ins from Gene to me. I will calculate the individual shipping costs later, and post details on how to pay. The USPS website says a small flat rate box is $7.90 CONUS. Add to this your share of bulk shipping from Gene to me. You will pay this via PayPal.
- I will PM you the tracking number after I ship. Shipping is CONUS only.
- I will provide an option for insurance, if you want to pay extra for this.
- Not really sure what to do if you pay for the drop-in, but don't follow up with the shipping cost. I guess I will hang onto it for another 30 days before I can dispose of it as I wish. Doubt we will have this problem.
- Once I ship to you and provide a tracking number, I'm out of the loop. I'm not responsible for lost or delayed items once USPS is in possession of your drop-in. If you're worried about this, I will provide an option for USPS insurance.

FAQs:

(1) What is a Malkoff M91BN? What exactly am I purchasing?

From the Malkoff Web-site.

This is the Malkoff Devices P90 style High Output Drop-in LED Upgrade Conversion with solid brass heatsink construction. The output is approximately 1100 measured out the front lumens at turn on and 950 continuous. The current draw is approximately 1400ma at 9 volts. The full output runtime is approximately 30-45 minutes on three CR123 primary batteries with a nice long taper as voltage drops. It will easily illuminate objects at 200+ feet and will blind opponents within a 100 foot radius. The LED is a Neutral White (4000K/5000K 80 CRI) Cree XP-L.

This design utilizes a custom orange peel reflector designed by Don McLeish. The reflector offers a very nice balance between throw and spill. It is an outstanding room lighter and short to medium spotter. It was designed specifically for use in the Malkoff MDX-16.5 Head with the Malkoff MD3 and MD4 Bodies and Surefire 9P, Z3, and C3 Flashlights. It may or may not fit other models. The input voltage is 5.5 - 12 volts. Below 5.5 volts it will drop out of regulation. Below 5 volts it will begin to flash and below 4.5 volts it will shut off. This dropin is protected against reverse polarity.

This GB is for the Drop In only.

(2) Can I change my mind and back out?

During Phase 1, yes.

After you pay in Phase 2, no. You're locked in, unless we shut down.

(3) Can I trade my spot?

During Phase 1, no need. Just post that you want to be removed from the list.

If/when we go into Phase 2 and beyond, it depends. If you haven't paid, post that you want out. If we have anyone in spots 26 and up, they will have the option to buy in your place, in ascending order. If you've already paid me, then the person (in spot 26 and up) taking your place will pay you directly, per your private arrangements. If this happens, both people will need to post publicly in the comments that they've worked it out satisfactorily and that Person B is taking Person A's spot. Again, if you've already paid, your only way out is to get someone from the backup list to pay you for your spot.

(3) What tint and emitter?

- These https://intl-outdoor.com/led-xpl-c-107_141.html

(4) Minimum order quantity?

20. If we don't get 20 to sign up or pay, the GB will shut down.

If we get more than 20, I will do my best to include the additional spots in the order. So if you want one, sign up now!

(5) How long will it take?

According to Gene, depending on production time, somewhere between x weeks after Gene has received the LED's. Not x weeks from when you pay.
-I will confirm and update this post

(6) How much profit are you making on this group buy?

$0. The money you pay will transfer entirely to Gene and PayPal. I'm keeping none of it.

(7) What if I'm dissatisfied with the final product?

You would contact Gene, not me. Once I ship you the drop-in, I'm out of the loop (make sure you understand the shipping terms).

Thanks to the following CPF'ers.
lion504: for letting me use his GB format.
Tuelluric: for finding a source for these LED's.
Archimedes: for his guidance and patience, also how to find volume of irregularly shaped items and the "Archimedes Peak". :D
Kestrel: for threatening a ban for anyone who backs out and causes this not to happen.:devil::eek:
--OK, no one is really going to banned.

-Special thanks to Gene for putting up with us crazy CPF'ers and indulging our whims.

Last edited:

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
SignUp List: 5000K

(1) Kestrel PAID
(2) Grizzman PAID
(3) Greatscoot PAID
(4) INFRNL PAID
(5) rstype PAID
(6) marco.weiss PAID
(7) marco.weiss PAID
(8) knucklegary PAID
(9) Mister S PAID
(10) Jose Marin PAID
(11) Thermal Guy PAID
(12) Johnnyh PAID
(13) Musso PAID
(14) bignc PAID
(15) TYU PAID
(16) PSM PAID

SignUp List: 4000K

(1) tuelleric PAID
(2) id30209 PAID
(3) greatscoot PAID
(4) INFRNL PAID
(5) rstype PAID
(6) marco.weiss PAID
(7) dotCPF PAID
(8) wweiss PAID
(9) nimdabew PAID
(10) 808vudoo PAID

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Doh! didn't get post #2 lol ;)
I'm in for QTY 1 @ 5000K.
[...] Thanks to the following CPF'ers.
[...] Kestrel: for threatening a ban for anyone who backs out and causes this not to happen.
I do hope that the regulars have all gotten used to my oddball sense of humor by now. :D

archimedes

Flashaholic
This is a Group Buy for an M91B neutral tint 5000K ....

Kestrel: for threatening a ban for anyone who backs out and causes this not to happen.:devil::eek:

Forget anyone, perchance ? ... :wave: :knight:

Just kidding ...[emoji14]

Thank you for your diligence in setting this up, on behalf of CPF, and best wishes for a successful project :goodjob:

archimedes

Flashaholic

Archimedes: for his guidance and patience, also how to find volume of irregularly shaped items and the "Archimedes Peak". :D

Oh, good, I'm glad you chose that one[emoji317]

tuelleric

Enlightened
I am in for one 4000K. Thanks greatscoot for making this happen!

But wouldn't this group buy format allow us to just get 20 or more sing-ups irrespectively of the tint of the LED? If greatscoot sources the LEDs and Gene puts them in the module, he will not care too much about what LED it actually is, I guess. The only thing greatscoot might have to do is fire all modules up once to check the tint and sort them.

What do you think?

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for one 4000K. Thanks greatscoot for making this happen!

But wouldn't this group buy format allow us to just get 20 or more sing-ups irrespectively of the tint of the LED? If greatscoot sources the LEDs and Gene puts them in the module, he will not care too much about what LED it actually is, I guess. The only thing greatscoot might have to do is fire all modules up once to check the tint and sort them.

What do you think?

Gene made it sound like 20 of each, I will check in with him to see if we can mix.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe nobody alerted me of this GB...and what about the rumor of a warm M361? You are all in trouble...goin to have to have Kestrel break out the Banning Stick:whoopin:

Thanks to everyone involved to make this happen ...

I'm in for Qty 1 @5000k and I'm in for Qty 1 @4000k please

I can't believe nobody alerted me of this GB...and what about the rumor of a warm M361? You are all in trouble...goin to have to have Kestrel break out the Banning Stick:whoopin:

Thanks to everyone involved to make this happen ...

I'm in for Qty 1 @5000k and I'm in for Qty 1 @4000k please

sorry for not warning you about other groups.
I was really intrigued by not seeing your name in the dropin 361 and vme head buying groups.
Glad to see you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.