NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Malkoff Junkie Official M91BN Group Buy Thread.

Default Re: The Malkoff Junkie Official M91BN Group Buy Thread.

I would change to 5000K order if we could go with only that option

Flashaholic

Iíll switch to 5KK...

Flashaholic

I think as the M91 is quite a special application drop-in, Gene would be okay to make a combined run (4000 K and 5000 K) of 25 Modules for us. Still 5 more than 20 for only one color temperature and no difference in effort for him.

greatscoot, would you mind to ask Gene once again? I for example would pass if only 5000 K would be offered, as it does not fit to my other lights. So everyone should be better of with a combined run, Gene and us. Thanks.

Flashaholic

Shame that the number of surveyed didn't follow through to the group buy. I wish I had cause for a 5000K but I'd just go grab a warm on sale if the 4000K were no longer feasible. Sorry guys :/

Given the numbers we have, I will ask Gene if he will do the run as is. It would still be nice to get a couple more takers. As dotCPF says, we had (taken with a grain of salt) 22 and 17 respond to the poll.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Flashaholic

I have never done a group buy before and really did just stumble in to both the poll and this thread. If there was a way to get more visibility? Again, group buy newb (here anyway) so not sure how it's normally done. I mean I didn't go search "Malkoff Devices M91 neutral or warm emitter group buy. "

Looks like we kinda plateaued here. Shame. Would of been cool. Iím not giving up but unfortunately it doesnít look like weíre going to hit our goal.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

This is weird. Gene let me do a total of 10+ dropins, and we were able to do 5 4000k and 12 3000k. Maybe he needs it since he is supplying the LEDs and the last group buy was buyer supplied LEDs.

Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    This is weird. Gene let me do a total of 10+ dropins, and we were able to do 5 4000k and 12 3000k. Maybe he needs it since he is supplying the LEDs and the last group buy was buyer supplied LEDs.
    No difference here, I am supplying the LED's but he wanted 20 of each. Ideally I would like a couple more takers, but I will reach out to Gene to see if he will do the run with the number we have now.

Put me down for one total of either temp (whichever helps the most).

Will the dropin fit and work in a standard bezel (non-AVS) Elzetta 3-Cell? Similar to the way the M61 fits the Elzetta standard bezel 2-cell if you buy a lens kit?
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

I can also leave this open another week if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyh View Post
    Will the dropin fit and work in a standard bezel (non-AVS) Elzetta 3-Cell? Similar to the way the M61 fits the Elzetta standard bezel 2-cell if you buy a lens kit?
    Yes, it will fit an Elzetta body's drop-in socket and work well with one of the non-AVS bezels. I've come to prefer the low profile one.

I will happily wait another week (or more) for more people to join in.

Flashaholic

Likewise, I would gladly wait. Regardless I appreciate all your work Greatscoot!

Letís wait a bit!

Flashaholic

Yes, thank you for your efforts to make the buy happen. To bad some people donít stand behind their word....

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    Shame that the number of surveyed didn't follow through to the group buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    To bad some people donít stand behind their word....
    This is off-topic, sorry, but I don't find these comments particularly helpful or fair. Details regarding the buy were not available.

I voted in the poll and later decided I was no longer interested based on the emitter choices (my preference is for high CRI). I could not find a way to remove my vote, so it still stands.

(I did ultimately decide I would be in for 1, but that's not relevant.)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
    Yes, it will fit an Elzetta body's drop-in socket and work well with one of the non-AVS bezels. I've come to prefer the low profile one.

I will happily wait another week (or more) for more people to join in.
    Thanks for the info! In that case, count me in on a 5000k or if need be to make it a go, the 4000k. I have an older ZFL 3-cell that can come out of mothballs...
    I only fear that if something happens to me, my wife will sell all my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

UPDATE:
    I am going to keep this buy open a little longer (until the 17th). In the meantime I will check in with Gene to see if we can move forward with this at the quantities we have and will post what I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by greatscoot View Post
    UPDATE:
    I am going to keep this buy open a little longer (until the 17th). In the meantime I will check in with Gene to see if we can move forward with this at the quantities we have and will post what I hear.
    thanks for the update

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by tyu View Post
    This is off-topic, sorry, but I don't find these comments particularly helpful or fair. Details regarding the buy were not available........
    I just said it was a shame. I would have liked to see this happen, however it is a bummer that it may not. Therefore it is a shame. I'm sure if a post breaks CPF policy, it will be dealt with accordingly, probably best that we all stick to the topic.

I do think that information was available though...

Regardless, should we open this up to other groups? Maybe? I am really surprised there isn't more interest, I would have guessed MORE people to sign up than polled, not less. However, I am unfamiliar with Malkoff GBs.

Thanks again GS!

.... To bad some people donít stand behind their word....
    The earlier thread was an "interest" thread / poll, not a commitment to purchase, as I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by tyu View Post
    This is off-topic, sorry, but I don't find these comments particularly helpful or fair. Details regarding the buy were not available....
    Yes, I think comments of this sort are not generally helpful to achieving a successful group buy.

This is one reason why those running a GB are encouraged to work closely with staff to spell out the exact details quite precisely.

Whenever there is a significant gap between intent to purchase ~ payment ~ delivery, the potential for problems increases.

It is relatively easy to be critical of others, but life is unpredictable, and it is often difficult to know the specifics of what may have changed for another.

Quote Originally Posted by dotCPF View Post
    I just said it was a shame. I would have liked to see this happen, however it is a bummer that it may not. Therefore it is a shame. I'm sure if a post breaks CPF policy, it will be dealt with accordingly, probably best that we all stick to the topic.

I do think that information was available though...

Regardless, should we open this up to other groups? Maybe? I am really surprised there isn't more interest, I would have guessed MORE people to sign up than polled, not less. However, I am unfamiliar with Malkoff GBs.

Thanks again GS!
    I think that it may be best to wait to hear back from OP, who has both extended the signup window and is waiting to hear back from Gene, before looking to allocate disappointment.

CPF group buys are primarily for the benefit of CPF members, so "marketing" to outside groups is not encouraged. Although not specifically prohibited, this too tends to generate additional potential problems for those running the GB, and for CPF.

This item is an ultra-niche product, which is actually the point of group buys of this sort, but may require some patience and understanding.

I agree that this has generated more OT commentary than preferred, so will ask us all to get back to the main topic.

Thank you
    Last edited by archimedes; 08-11-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post

I think that it may be best to wait to hear back from OP, who has both extended the signup window and is waiting to hear back from Gene, before looking to allocate disappointment.

CPF group buys are primarily for the benefit of CPF members, so "marketing" to outside groups is not encouraged. Although not specifically prohibited, this too tends to generate additional potential problems for those running the GB, and for CPF.

This item is an ultra-niche product, which is actually the point of group buys of this sort, but may require some patience and understanding.

I agree that this has generated more OT commentary than preferred, so will ask us all to get back to the main topic.

Thank you

Yes- I wouldn't do anything without GS saying it's good to go, I am happy to be patient, just curious if that was something that would be desired. Thanks for the info, I was previously unaware of those aspects to CPF Groupbuys. Does make sense considering the average Malkoff-Junkie isn't too terribly common....

Fingers remain crossed!

I am working on a response to the above two posts.

Flashaholic*

Sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to bow out.

I was expecting this would have wrapped up quicker than it has, and with the extensions I need to commit some funds elsewhere.

Please remove my name from the list.
    Click here for the CandlePower Forums member map.
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ead.php?383660

Flashaholic

Didnít mean my comment to be inappropriate. I thought it was a firm list.

Didnít mean my comment to be inappropriate. I thought it was a firm list.
    The list would have been firm on the 10th.

Group buy status update.

Hopefully as everyone is aware, interested isnít always a commitment to buy and obviously circumstances change preventing people from being able to follow though.

Iíve extended the deadline of the buy a week giving some people that may have not been aware of this time to sign up.
    The group buy has been posted about in some of the other Malkoff threads here and we are close to reaching the MOQ on the 5000K. I agree with Archimedes that going to some outside groups does certainly add challenges because we may be dealing with people who are not CPFers and not familiar with our rules, etc.

Obviously I want the GB to be successful, however at this time we haven't met the MOQ and I don't feel that extending the deadline will necessarily help (we've just lost someone because of this).

Moving forward:
    I will reach out to reach out to Gene and see if he is willing to do this with our current numbers.
    -If he does, we will move on to Phase Two immediately.
    -If he does not and we want this to happen, we should decide if we want to proceed with a single Temp 5000K or 4000K.
    -I will give everyone til Friday to see if we have enough of one or the other.
    --If this is the case the we proceed to Phase Two immediately.
    -If we cannot reach consensus then I will close the GB.

Flashaholic

Sounds great, GS, thanks kindly for all your hard work and roping on this endeavor, it is appreciated regardless!

Agree

Sent from Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast