Stuck in muggle mode

Xcurrent93

Newly Enlightened
hello all

i need help with getting out of muggle mode on my Reylight triple Ti Dawn V2. It has the TA driver with TK bistro 23 uI

I got to were I was comfortable with the UI , even hidden modes. and then I got stuck Muggle mode.

i have 1/2 pressed /full click/taken battery out / all when it flutters. I tried at the begging of the flutter the end every possibility I think I have tried. But it stays in 3 mode and when I 14+ 1/2 press to go to the menus it only gives the 1 blink for muggle. Frustrating!! What al I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!

here is the instructions-

• Once in configuration mode, the light will give a solid flash between 1 and 8 times to depict the 8 available configuration items.
    • The number of solid flashes indicates the option number to be changed and are followed by strobing flashes (I.e. 2 Solid Flash followed by strobe flashes means Configuration Mode 2)
  • Subsequent 1/2 Press Switch – Select current Configuration Mode item <<~I have tried every press type. ->1/2 press full click / all
Configuration Mode Options

The following Configuration Mode numbers below are depicted by the number of Solid Flashes, followed by strobe flashes.
There is a total of 8 Configuration Modes as shown below, 1/2 Press Switch to select current Configuration Mode.
If none of the Configuration Modes is selected after 1 full cycle, the flashlight will revert back to lowest Mode.

1. Simple/Muggle Mode Activation – 3 modes (LOW, MID & HIGH only, with HIGH at about half power)
    1. Mode cycles LOW, MID, HIGH -> LOW, MID, HIGH.
    2. MOONLIGHT, Memory, Medium-presses and Hidden Modes are all disabled in this Mod why! At least keep the option to reset for cases like this! The other modes should always be available!!
    3. When in this Simple/Muggle Mode, Configuration Mode will only show this option to exit Simple/Muggle Mod <~~easier said then done . It keeps going back to 1 blink for muggle mode and not 2-8 for the rest of the menu items to choose

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it cycles through all of the 1-8 flashes and you have to wait for the one you want and half press then? As it says "if none of the Configuration Modes is selected after 1 full cycle, the flashlight will revert back to the lowest Mode" so maybe you keep pressing after 1 flash and it stops, thinking that's what you intend to select?

My thoughts based on reading those instructions. I've never used a light with this UI

thermal guy

Flashaholic
muggle mode Is a setting that you can put your light onto so it just comes on and turns off and doesn't allow the special features to be set. This way if you give your light to someone who is not a flashlight kind of person they won't screw it up but can still use it

Xcurrent93

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it cycles through all of the 1-8 flashes and you have to wait for the one you want and half press then? As it says "if none of the Configuration Modes is selected after 1 full cycle, the flashlight will revert back to the lowest Mode" so maybe you keep pressing after 1 flash and it stops, thinking that's what you intend to select?

My thoughts based on reading those instructions. I've never used a light with this UI

In muggle mode. It disables all the other config menu options. Whicjh are 2-8. 8 is reset 1 is muggle mode.

So when you go into config menu to exit muggle mode.

it blinks one time then a stutter(fast soft strobe) the 1 blink is telling you what options are active (1=muggle) the stutter is a period where you can make a selection (on/off-exit/enter) so what's supposed to happen is when it stutters I click the light off to make the selection to exit muggle mode.

So in theory when i turn the light back on I should be out of muggle mode. Now in the standard UI level which comprises of ->moon (-if turned on ) low/med/high/turbo. so 4-5 brightness levels. And if I go back into the configuration menu I will now have all group choices 1-8. So 1 blink stutter - 2 blink /stutter and so on through 8. That's what supposed to happen.

I click to exit muggle when I'm supposed to. I turn the light back on. And Im still only have low med 50%high. No turbo which is 3000 lumens and no moon . Not able to chose other groups (2-8) When I go into the configuration menu. it only blinks once -stutters and goes back to on . So I'm in a loop where I'm locked out of all options . All I have is /low /med/ 50% high /

. I can't do anything to program the light to how I want. And I don't have access to the 3000 lumens that's available to me. My high is approx 500 -1000 lumens in muggle mode. I think it's horrible that this muggle mode will disable all other options. So i can't reaet it since that's option 8 and I'm stuck in 1.

Xcurrent93

Newly Enlightened
hello all

i need help with getting out of muggle mode on my Reylight triple Ti Dawn V2. It has the TA driver with TK bistro 23 uI

I got to were I was comfortable with the UI , even hidden modes. and then I got stuck Muggle mode.

i have 1/2 pressed /full click/taken battery out / all when it flutters. I tried at the begging of the flutter the end every possibility I think I have tried. But it stays in 3 mode and when I 14+ 1/2 press to go to the menus it only gives the 1 blink for muggle. Frustrating!! What al I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!

here is the instructions-

• Once in configuration mode, the light will give a solid flash between 1 and 8 times to depict the 8 available configuration items.
    • The number of solid flashes indicates the option number to be changed and are followed by strobing flashes (I.e. 2 Solid Flash followed by strobe flashes means Configuration Mode 2)
  • Subsequent 1/2 Press Switch – Select current Configuration Mode item <<~I have tried every press type. ->1/2 press full click / all
Configuration Mode Options

The following Configuration Mode numbers below are depicted by the number of Solid Flashes, followed by strobe flashes.
There is a total of 8 Configuration Modes as shown below, 1/2 Press Switch to select current Configuration Mode.
If none of the Configuration Modes is selected after 1 full cycle, the flashlight will revert back to lowest Mode.

1. Simple/Muggle Mode Activation – 3 modes (LOW, MID & HIGH only, with HIGH at about half power)
    1. Mode cycles LOW, MID, HIGH -> LOW, MID, HIGH.
    2. MOONLIGHT, Memory, Medium-presses and Hidden Modes are all disabled in this Mod why! At least keep the option to reset for cases like this! The other modes should always be available!!
    3. When in this Simple/Muggle Mode, Configuration Mode will only show this option to exit Simple/Muggle Mod <~~easier said then done . It keeps going back to 1 blink for muggle mode and not 2-8 for the rest of the menu items to choose

Update

Again the 2 guys at reylight Rey Ye And. Yea Don confirm their excellent customer service. This was a new light that I just received. They are sending out a replacement driver to fix the glitch. I appreciate all the help I received. I hope I can repay the kindness in the future.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited: