• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Smooth body Eiger

Vemice

Enlightened
Anyone know the approximate time period these were available.
Got this NOS with a warm Mule.
XtW65r2l.jpg

Vemice

Enlightened
Oh, digging around for esoteric info on interesting gear is part of the fun in this hobby ... :whistle:

Well, I hope you enjoy yourself. I tried to search smooth body Eigers and didn't get too far.
Have at it............

LRJ88

Enlightened
It looks like someone else enjoys the challenge[emoji317]

I just happen to like Peak a bit, they've made plenty of interesting stuff and their Eigers are the kind of flashlight you really don't see very many of at all, never have. It's a solid company in all aspects except marketing, but if you're really into flashlights chances are you'll find them anyway.

Vemice

Enlightened
Thank you both for the info. Very interesting reading which I shall read.
I had Peak make new heads for both bodies. so not period correct. Just like the smooth body style.
I think they are around 3200K and level 4 which is what I wanted.

LRJ88

Enlightened
Thank you both for the info. Very interesting reading which I shall read.
I had Peak make new heads for both bodies. so not period correct. Just like the smooth body style.
I think they are around 3200K and level 4 which is what I wanted.

They've made a fair bit, the head already on there looks like a mule though. What kind of head are you looking for apart from the temperature and level? High colour rendering index? Different optics or just a mule?

Vemice

Enlightened
Unless I misunderstand the OP, I think those are the replacements custom ordered from Peak ?
Correct. I believe they are warm High CRI.
May get a few more regular heads.
Also getting some 10180s. Fun swapping heads l

LRJ88

Enlightened
Peak could probably make a solid amount of money if they had a section just for selling the heads as well in different configurations, as opposed to buying a completely new flashlight if the lens gets roughed up.

Vemice

Enlightened
Peak could probably make a solid amount of money if they had a section just for selling the heads as well in different configurations, as opposed to buying a completely new flashlight if the lens gets roughed up.

Agree. I have probably bought at least 10 in the past 6 months and looking to buy 2 or 3 more.
Thinking of a Turbo too. Haven't tried one of those yet.