ArmyTek        
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Smooth body Eiger

  1. #1

    Default Smooth body Eiger

    Anyone know the approximate time period these were available.
    Got this NOS with a warm Mule.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    That is a rare "dogbone" style Peak. Pretty old, but I'd have to do some searching to narrow down the exact specifics.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  3. #3

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    That is a rare "dogbone" style Peak. Pretty old, but I'd have to do some searching to narrow down the exact specifics.
    Thanks but don't spend much time. Was just curious.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Oh, digging around for esoteric info on interesting gear is part of the fun in this hobby ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

  5. #5

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Oh, digging around for esoteric info on interesting gear is part of the fun in this hobby ...
    Well, I hope you enjoy yourself. I tried to search smooth body Eigers and didn't get too far.
    Have at it............

  6. #6
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    So, approximately 2008 for the Matterhorn "dogbone" style ...

    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Product-Lineup

    Note also that if your light engine has a power emitter, it may be unlikely to be "vintage-correct"
    Last edited by archimedes; 07-27-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  7. #7

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Product-Lineup

    http://dansdata.com/peakled.htm

    It seems to be a Matterhorn, 2004-2009 ish i think as a rough estimate.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    It looks like someone else enjoys the challenge
    ... is the archimedes peak

  9. #9

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    It looks like someone else enjoys the challenge
    I just happen to like Peak a bit, they've made plenty of interesting stuff and their Eigers are the kind of flashlight you really don't see very many of at all, never have. It's a solid company in all aspects except marketing, but if you're really into flashlights chances are you'll find them anyway.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Thank you both for the info. Very interesting reading which I shall read.
    I had Peak make new heads for both bodies. so not period correct. Just like the smooth body style.
    I think they are around 3200K and level 4 which is what I wanted.

  11. #11
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by Vemice View Post
    .... Just like the smooth body style ....
    These ...

    https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...n-Titanium-Set

    ... are really tough to find now.

    I have a partial set, but haven't seen any around here in many years.
    ... is the archimedes peak

  12. #12

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by Vemice View Post
    Thank you both for the info. Very interesting reading which I shall read.
    I had Peak make new heads for both bodies. so not period correct. Just like the smooth body style.
    I think they are around 3200K and level 4 which is what I wanted.
    They've made a fair bit, the head already on there looks like a mule though. What kind of head are you looking for apart from the temperature and level? High colour rendering index? Different optics or just a mule?

  13. #13
    Moderator
    archimedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CONUS, top left
    Posts
    14,894

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Unless I misunderstand the OP, I think those are the replacements custom ordered from Peak ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

  14. #14

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Unless I misunderstand the OP, I think those are the replacements custom ordered from Peak ?
    Correct. I believe they are warm High CRI.
    May get a few more regular heads.
    Also getting some 10180s. Fun swapping heads l

  15. #15

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Peak could probably make a solid amount of money if they had a section just for selling the heads as well in different configurations, as opposed to buying a completely new flashlight if the lens gets roughed up.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    Quote Originally Posted by LRJ88 View Post
    Peak could probably make a solid amount of money if they had a section just for selling the heads as well in different configurations, as opposed to buying a completely new flashlight if the lens gets roughed up.
    Agree. I have probably bought at least 10 in the past 6 months and looking to buy 2 or 3 more.
    Thinking of a Turbo too. Haven't tried one of those yet.

  17. #17
    Flashaholic DUMDUM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Posts
    442

    Default Re: Smooth body Eiger

    They came in the normal array of tints at the time. I only have a couple in stock they are all brass.
    -- RMSK, INC. --
    1-502-327-0135

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •