Tactical grip for ARC LS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tightly wrapped 2 or 3 heavy rubber bands around the mid-section of my ARC LS First Run with tailswitch to make a gripring so I could use my light in a "tactical" grip. Works great, looks like the devil...any suggestions for alternatives?

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks was jlh:

I thought about the O-rings, but putting one (some) on the joint between the head and the tailswitch puts the ring back about a quarter of an inch or so too far. The rubber bands I can put where I want 'em, and they seem to stay under finger pressure. I wonder if an O-ring(s) in the same spot would stay put? I suppose a couple thickish rings would.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whipping is not a bad idea. I've done that with an Ultrastinger just because it has a slick surface, and a UK 4AA just for fun, plus a couple other lights. I think the thickness of a whipped area on an LS may be too small to give me the kind of purchase between my index and middle finger for a good tactical grip. The rubber band wrap really works well, and I'm starting to get used to the clunkiness. You never know when you might need a rubber band, too.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.