LED candelabras to match ceiling lights? Newbie dilemma!

purplesque

Newly Enlightened
So excited to find a lighting forum!
We like LEDs, and we like bluer lights. In our living areas, we have 3500K LED recessed lights all over. We just purchased a new wagon wheel style chandelier for our eat in kitchen and three clear glass pendant lights for the island. Both ideally look good with Edison style lights, but I cannot find those in 3500K. I did find Edison style 4000K bulbs, both those are both too blue and too bright.
Should I just suck it up and use 2700-3000K Edisons? Is there a correct lighting protocol here? I typically don't like mixing different colors, but apparently NO ONE makes Edisons in 3500K right now.
Help! I'm desperate.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Going through this it seems by "Edison" you don't mean what we commonly call an "Edison" base bulb which is most frequently seen as the E26, or "medium base/intermediate base") rather a candelabra (E12) bulb with the simulated "Edison" filament look. The ones I see typically are in the 2200K to 2700K range so they closely emulate the "vintage" look bulbs.

Amazon seems to carry a pretty broad range of the "vintage" style LED candelabra bulbs in a range of color temperatures, including 3500K, but some of the 'brands' may be iffy.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
So excited to find a lighting forum!
We like LEDs, and we like bluer lights. In our living areas, we have 3500K LED recessed lights all over. We just purchased a new wagon wheel style chandelier for our eat in kitchen and three clear glass pendant lights for the island. Both ideally look good with Edison style lights, but I cannot find those in 3500K. I did find Edison style 4000K bulbs, both those are both too blue and too bright.
Should I just suck it up and use 2700-3000K Edisons? Is there a correct lighting protocol here? I typically don't like mixing different colors, but apparently NO ONE makes Edisons in 3500K right now.
Help! I'm desperate.

I know the issue you speak of as I am keeping an eye on smaller LED bulbs for high efficiency
and lowest power (1-3W, and lower). Right now I use a 3W/350 lumen filament bulb on
my small front porch, works great, though not what you are looking for.

For E12 and E26-base candelabras, I find much the same, 2700K mostly (some as low as 2200K);
some 3000K, and 5000K but nothing in between, at least for OTC vendors (which I prefer).

I'll check Home Depot and other stores,see what they have; maybe Philips has something suitable
(but usually pricey)?

Dave

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've checked my usual local sources and find nothing, including Philips, in 3500K or 4000K for small bulbs. Ironically I found a surplus T8 LED U-tube
lamp in 4000K but that doesn't help!

Dave

Last edited:

shopthendrop

Newly Enlightened