NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Powder Coating Services: Customize Your Lights!

Default Powder Coating Services: Customize Your Lights!

My powder coating shop is once again open for business. Hot me up if you need something powder coated--Flashlight bodies, valve covers, wheels, brake calipers, etc. I also match and beat any competitor's pricing 24 hour turn around once parts are received. Your imagination is the only limit on colors possible.

Attached Images Attached Images
    WANTED: Malkoff MD3/MD4 Bodies, Tail Switches, Head Assemblies, Hi/Lo Rings--Any condition. Contact Me If You Have these Items: PM or Johnmpruner@gmail.com. Thanks, JP

Default Re: Powder Coating Services: Customize Your Lights!

More examples.
    WANTED: Malkoff MD3/MD4 Bodies, Tail Switches, Head Assemblies, Hi/Lo Rings--Any condition. Contact Me If You Have these Items: PM or Johnmpruner@gmail.com. Thanks, JP

And a few more.

Here's some additional details:

Pricing wise the structure would follow this: $10 for a MD2 body, $12 for a MD3, $14 for a MD4 and those prices would carry over into similarly sized Solarforce bodies. Shipping would be about $8.00 USPS Priority.

Turn around time is 24-48 hours max upon receiving the item to be coated. I would request that switches with rubber parts be disassembled prior to me receiving them. They most likely would hold up to the oven temps but I'd rather not take that chance. If you have questions, please contact me here on the forum or at

johnmpruner@gmail.com

Or for faster response text me at

918-269-8341

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by redvalkyrie View Post
    My powder coating shop is once again open for business.......
    (This may come across sounding wrong, please don't take it that way, this is for my own learning purpose)

Aside from obviously looking "cool", what are the advantages of powder coating. I've known of the process many years but never thought to ask this.

Seems I recall sometime, that powder coating provides a very tough finish? But I'm under the impression that it also results in a fairly "thick" coating over the surface of an item.

-Dave

Im with you ram. Id like to hear from someone who does this for a living as to how it is.does it ware? Does it fade? Do you apply it over the anodizing? Im thinking a hunter green or dark blue Malkoff would be awesome. But it needs to be tough.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

It's the most durable finish you can use. It beats paint by miles. Look, those parts above still look that color after years in an engine bay. Those wheels, still look the same.

It can and would be applied over anodizing. It's only slightly thicker than paint. You would not lose the knurling of an item.

Many factory wheels come powder coated. It's definitely durable stuff.

Oh Im in!!! Will be contacting you. Thanks.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

As previously discussed with OP (by PM) we will move this thread to the "Custom / Modified" subforum, as this is essentially offering a customized service.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

Wouldn't the powder coat fill-in the already shallow knurling on MDX bodies, making for a more slippery handle ?
    Do you have photo of finished Malkoffs :-)

Quote Originally Posted by knucklegary View Post
    Wouldn't mind seeing that ...
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

^ Yep the gold is cool, and against a bare Al finish maybe a translucent effect?

Wouldn't the powder coat fill-in the already shallow knurling on MDX bodies, making for a more slippery handle ?
    Nope, it's only very slightly thicker than painting and single coat. However, in relation to true painting--such as the same processes you would use on a car--it's is the same thickness.

Here's an example:

I can also do glow in the dark colors.

Flashaholic*

Is the orange semi gloss, photo looks like a satin sheen?

Also very similar appearance to anodize but i bet tough as nails. Is the powder a baked-on polyurethane?

Does process wipe out the Malkoff branding & serial number ?
    Thx..
    Last edited by knucklegary; 08-02-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Is the orange semi gloss, photo looks like a satin sheen?

Also very similar appearance to anodize but i bet tough as nails. Is the powder a baked-on polyurethane?

Does process wipe out the Malkoff branding & serial number ?
    Thx..
    Yes, that orange is a matte color.

Yes, most powders are polyurethane and indeed, tough as nails. It's so tough I warranty it for life.

Any lettering on the outside of the body or head will be covered by the powder.

Your imagination is the only limit on colors possible.
    So what would be the best way for you to match a color? Pantone Number, RGB value, or....?

Face Palm! This might be the perfect solution to coating the raw alumn Malkoff, Rail to Handheld adapter I have! Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RamTuff View Post
    So what would be the best way for you to match a color? Pantone Number, RGB value, or....?
    The BEST way is for me to have a color sample of what you want. I then take it and compare in the sun to the several dozen test panels I have. Nest best way, is for you to go to my powder supplier and look through their colors and pick one that looks best.

^ Yep the gold is cool, and against a bare Al finish maybe a translucent effect?
    Bare aluminum is an almost grey color. To get the translucent effect it either needs to be polished or base coated in mirror chrome. It does looks awesome when complete though.

Flashaholic*

Do you use Prismatic Powders (NIC industries)?. Do you use the GLOWBEE CLEAR for the GITD Applications?.

Yes and yes. GITD requires a little lead time as their stock and varies day to day.

I wonder what it'd be like clear over the shiny copper of say, a FW3C ...to preserve that copper-iness

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
    I wonder what it'd be like clear over the shiny copper of say, a FW3C ...to preserve that copper-iness
    m

It'll look just like it does before you coat it except shiny, semi-gloss, or matte depending on the finish you choose.

m

It'll look just like it does before you coat it except shiny, semi-gloss, or matte depending on the finish you choose.
    I may just wait and send both my fw3a/c
    One for a day glo GITD and the copper for clear to preserve as mush shine as possible
    that'll save some shipping

This is awesome! I can see some work coming your way from me.

A few more colors.

Knockout Red Hybrid
    Brassy Gold
    Teal Metallic
    Candy Raspberry Shimmer
    Super Chrome
    Last edited by redvalkyrie; 08-17-2019 at 03:50 AM.

Very white and dormant blue.

email sent for your address

Edit: FW3A shipped!
    Last edited by justanotherguy; 09-01-2019 at 02:25 PM.