• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Powder Coating Services: Customize Your Lights!

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
My powder coating shop is once again open for business. Hot me up if you need something powder coated--Flashlight bodies, valve covers, wheels, brake calipers, etc. I also match and beat any competitor's pricing 24 hour turn around once parts are received. Your imagination is the only limit on colors possible.

Attachments

• Calipers.jpg
    Calipers.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Chuppy Candy Apple.jpg
    Chuppy Candy Apple.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 438
  • Chuppy Gold 2.jpg
    Chuppy Gold 2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Chuppy Gold.jpg
    Chuppy Gold.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 434
  • Chuppy Purple.jpg
    Chuppy Purple.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 436

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
More examples.

Attachments

• Electric Blue Dormant.jpg
    Electric Blue Dormant.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 437
  • INtake Manifold Copper Metallic.jpg
    INtake Manifold Copper Metallic.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Miata Wheels Purple Pink metallic 2.jpg
    Miata Wheels Purple Pink metallic 2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 423
  • Miata Wheels Purple Pink Metallic.jpg
    Miata Wheels Purple Pink Metallic.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 424
  • MR2 Engine.jpg
    MR2 Engine.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 425

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
And a few more.

Attachments

• MR2 Wheels.jpg
    MR2 Wheels.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 417
  • Pulley Candy Apple.jpg
    Pulley Candy Apple.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 421
  • Sway Bar Brackets.jpg
    Sway Bar Brackets.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 407
  • Valve Cover Chrome.jpg
    Valve Cover Chrome.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 411
  • Timing Covers.jpg
    Timing Covers.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 406

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Here's some additional details:

Pricing wise the structure would follow this: $10 for a MD2 body, $12 for a MD3, $14 for a MD4 and those prices would carry over into similarly sized Solarforce bodies. Shipping would be about $8.00 USPS Priority.

Turn around time is 24-48 hours max upon receiving the item to be coated. I would request that switches with rubber parts be disassembled prior to me receiving them. They most likely would hold up to the oven temps but I'd rather not take that chance. If you have questions, please contact me here on the forum or at

[email protected]

Or for faster response text me at

918-269-8341

Regards,
John

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
My powder coating shop is once again open for business.......

(This may come across sounding wrong, please don't take it that way, this is for my own learning purpose)

Aside from obviously looking "cool", what are the advantages of powder coating. I've known of the process many years but never thought to ask this.

Seems I recall sometime, that powder coating provides a very tough finish? But I'm under the impression that it also results in a fairly "thick" coating over the surface of an item.

-Dave

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm with you ram. I'd like to hear from someone who does this for a living as to how it is.does it ware? Does it fade? Do you apply it over the anodizing? I'm thinking a hunter green or dark blue Malkoff would be awesome. But it needs to be tough.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
It's the most durable finish you can use. It beats paint by miles. Look, those parts above still look that color after years in an engine bay. Those wheels, still look the same.

It can and would be applied over anodizing. It's only slightly thicker than paint. You would not lose the knurling of an item.

Yadao

Newly Enlightened
Many factory wheels come powder coated. It's definitely durable stuff.

archimedes

Flashaholic
As previously discussed with OP (by PM) we will move this thread to the "Custom / Modified" subforum, as this is essentially offering a customized service.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't the powder coat fill-in the already shallow knurling on MDX bodies, making for a more slippery handle ?
Do you have photo of finished Malkoffs :)

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Wouldn't the powder coat fill-in the already shallow knurling on MDX bodies, making for a more slippery handle ?
Do you have photo of finished Malkoffs :)

Nope, it's only very slightly thicker than painting and single coat. However, in relation to true painting--such as the same processes you would use on a car--it's is the same thickness.

Here's an example:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the orange semi gloss, photo looks like a satin sheen?

Also very similar appearance to anodize but i bet tough as nails. Is the powder a baked-on polyurethane?

Does process wipe out the Malkoff branding & serial number ?
Thx..

Last edited:

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
Is the orange semi gloss, photo looks like a satin sheen?

Also very similar appearance to anodize but i bet tough as nails. Is the powder a baked-on polyurethane?

Does process wipe out the Malkoff branding & serial number ?
Thx..

Yes, that orange is a matte color.

Yes, most powders are polyurethane and indeed, tough as nails. It's so tough I warranty it for life.

Any lettering on the outside of the body or head will be covered by the powder.

RamTuff

Newly Enlightened
Face Palm! This might be the perfect solution to coating the raw alumn Malkoff, Rail to Handheld adapter I have! Hmmmm.

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
So what would be the best way for you to match a color? Pantone Number, RGB value, or....?

The BEST way is for me to have a color sample of what you want. I then take it and compare in the sun to the several dozen test panels I have. Nest best way, is for you to go to my powder supplier and look through their colors and pick one that looks best.