Klarus        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zebralight H600 Fc vs H604c (only beamshot)

Default Zebralight H600 Fc vs H604c (only beamshot)

Finally the H600Fc was delivered, as with H604c and H604d I received a good copy the tint is beautiful and the power emitted leaves me very satisfied.
    I made these photos very quickl, for the moment only these shots, others later as soon as I can.

Last edited by Stefano; 08-01-2019 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add video

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Zebralight H600 Fc vs H604c (only beamshot)

Nice comparisons! That settles it, the H600Fc is on my Christmas list (probably to myself). I want flood in a headlamp, but not mule flood.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    Nice comparisons! That settles it, the H600Fc is on my Christmas list (probably to myself). I want flood in a headlamp, but not mule flood.
    Thank you.
    I haven't used it much yet, but the first impression is very positive.
    I was very much in doubt whether to buy it because I already have a lot of headlamp floods but instead it was a good choice, it is really powerful.
    All the recent Zebralight XHP50 Hi Cri are exceptional headlamps, they are truly a new generation of lights.

If you wait until the first run or two of the newest version is out, you're almost guaranteed to have a phenomenal, and reliable light.
    I'm still on MK II, didn't get them early either.
    They are amazing lights, 24/7.
    I'm getting close to updating with MK IV.
    The brighter the light, the darker the shadow.

I just got home from work to my H600fc MK IV having arrived. I carry an sc32w daily, which I always thought I got blessed with an amazing tint, but these high CRI 4000k xhp50.2's are something else. I don't think I can go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot Mania FU View Post
    I just got home from work to my H600fc MK IV having arrived. I carry an sc32w daily, which I always thought I got blessed with an amazing tint, but these high CRI 4000k xhp50.2's are something else. I don't think I can go back.
    Yes, these are exceptional lights, H600Fc and H604c are the most beautiful lights I have, using them is a real pleasure for my eyes.

I just got my H600fc MK IV. I can't say it impresses like your first beamshot but then again I am using it in the woods to take the dogs out. I expected more than just an incremental step up from my H602 (w?) looking similar but a bit more distant. Perhaps I need the H600F to be more like the Lumintop Terminator X and Strion LED that we use out there for the dogs. Perhaps I'm used to more throw than spread but that's what works best when the bears quietly sneak up.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano View Post
    Yes, these are exceptional lights, H600Fc and H604c are the most beautiful lights I have, using them is a real pleasure for my eyes.
    Thanks for these beam shots Stefano. Which of the 2 lights do you prefer for close up work (within 1 meter) ?

Quote Originally Posted by SubLGT View Post
    Thanks for these beam shots Stefano. Which of the 2 lights do you prefer for close up work (within 1 meter) ?
    At very close range I prefer H604c or H604d

Flashaholic*

Finally bought the 600Fc. Wow! Love the tint! The frosted lens must smooth out the XHP50.2 beam, because it looks great. Perfect beam for a headlamp, IMO. I'm not a fan of mule's (I find the shadows too harsh), so the H604 probably wouldn't suit me.

My only complaint with the light is the small button. I wish it was a little larger, to make changing modes easier. But, I suppose a headlamp is meant to be put into one mode and kept that way most of the time. So, not a big deal.

I'm constantly playing with the modes on my standard Zebras. If I'm walking with someone, it drives them nuts, so I try not to play with it too much.

Finally bought the 600Fc. Wow! Love the tint! The frosted lens must smooth out the XHP50.2 beam, because it looks great.
    Yes, a very successful headlamp with an exceptional tint.
    The button with gloves is a problem but if it had been higher there would have been the problem of any accidental power on when carried in the pocket (not all users loosen the tailcap)

The 600Fc shows out of stock. How long did it take for delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by jbc247 View Post
    I received H600Fc in 35 days earlier this year. (shipping from China)
    A previous order (H604d) took 20 days.
    The H604c only 9 days, sometimes it's a matter of luck with shipments.
    At this time the Dutch site Nkon is also out of stock.
    Maybe you should write to Zebralight to know the return times.

Maybe I might have a problem with this H600Fc
    I received this light in August and it was only used in the house/garden and for making beamshot.
    I left inside it a Sanyo NCR18650GA battery (new and specially purchased for this light) after some time I saw that the light no longer turned on.
    The battery was completely discharged, I recharged it and however after a week or two the light did not turn on again.
    This time the battery was dead, inserted in an Xtar VP2 showed no signs of life, in an XTAR VC4 it showed about 1 V and the charger saw it not as lithium but as: NiMH.
    I thought it was a defective battery and I inserted another identical one (always new) by removing it from the H604d
    Every 7/10 days or so I turned on the light to see if everything was ok, and it went on.
    Now after about 30 or 40 days the light no longer turns on.
    The battery is dead and shows the same symptoms as the previous one, 1 Volt, and is seen as NimH by VC4
    Now I don't know what to think ...
    High parasite discharge because the light has a defect (but should stop at 2.5 / 2.75V !) Or a stock of defective GA batteries.
    I bought 3 but the one inside the H604c doesn't have any problems.
    Now I am undecided whether to try another battery inside this light.
    Anyone have any ideas? In the meantime, I wrote to Zebralight

Flashaholic*

Isn't that proof that the H604 is a better light

Seriously, sounds like you got a bad one. I had an issue with my H602w a few years ago just under the warranty period and it was fixed and still works well to this day.

I bought a used H600Fc Mk IV shortly after they first came out and have been impressed with the light, i haven't gotten a H600 MK IV yet although its only because i've shown unusual restraint to keeping with my budget.

I almost certainly have a light with a very high parasitic discharge.
    I pulled out an old Eagletac 3400 mA protected battery, it had been stored at 3.6 V.
    I downloaded it in a short time, this light is regulated very well, it has kept the turbo up to 3.34 V
    It kept H2 and then M1 down to around 2.97 V an excellent result.
    After waiting 1 hour and measuring the voltage again I inserted the battery back into the H600 Fc
    With this low voltage, if the light has a parasitic discharge it should completely drain the battery in a few days.
    It will be a great pain to send it back, today I tried it again and it has an exceptional beam and color rendering but I cannot keep a light that empties a battery in such a short time.
    I also have a Wizard Pro coming, before sending it back it would be nice to be able to take comparative photos of both XHP50 headlamps

Flashaholic*

It will be a great pain to send it back, today I tried it again and it has an exceptional beam and color rendering but I cannot keep a light that empties a battery in such a short time.
    I would think they would fix it and a better QA/QC process would turn out a much better light than what you have. I have quite a few Zebralights and haven't had the issue you are having on any of them.

I also have a Wizard Pro coming, before sending it back it would be nice to be able to take comparative photos of both XHP50 headlamps
    I gave up on trying to get a Wizard. Three out of the four i got were bad and the warranty is anything but "hassle free". Still, the one i have is okay, i really like the magnet, but i glued a magnet on a couple of Zebralights and tat works out well. The beam pattern on the Wizard is very similar to the H600F.

Sick2 Re: Zebralight H600 Fc vs H604c (only beamshot)

Quote Originally Posted by MX421 View Post
    I would think they would fix it and a better QA/QC process would turn out a much better light than what you have. I have quite a few Zebralights and haven't had the issue you are having on any of them.

I gave up on trying to get a Wizard. Three out of the four i got were bad and the warranty is anything but "hassle free". Still, the one i have is okay, i really like the magnet, but i glued a magnet on a couple of Zebralights and tat works out well. The beam pattern on the Wizard is very similar to the H600F.

I also have a lot of Zebra and none of them has ever had problems, only once a specimen had a slight defect in the thread and Zebralight immediately sent me a copy in replacement.

Regarding the Wizard, I bought many specimens, some for me, others as a gift, none of them failed but I'm talking about the Wizard basic version (XP-L) and the Elf C2, they have been used a lot, they have fallen and used with water, they they seem immortal.
    I bought the Wizard Pro in 2017 and returned it after a day (it was less bright than my Wizard Basic version) however my Dutch seller is reliable and can manage the guarantees directly.
    I have also read online about numerous failures of the Wizard Pro but it seems that in recent times they have become more reliable.

Now after two years I have bought again the Wizard Pro but only because in the discount offer and since I already have an infinite number of Headlamps I confess that I took it only to play with the comparisons between the various models.

Yes, the Wizard TIR lens has an effect similar to that of the H600F but I am curious to see the two XHP50 models in direct comparison.

The Zebra has an advantage, however, it is Hi-Cri and has more light levels which in my personal opinion are also better chosen.

I really like the magnetic charge of the Armytek Wizard, it is slow but really comfortable.

The Pro version of Wizard has a more complex interface than the Basic version but in my opinion it is not fully exploited, there are 3 Firefly but then "only" two Turbo, for the Wizard Pro it would have been nice to have three maximum levels: one level of about 550/600 lumens, another of 900/1000 and then the maximum power.

When in the past I often went to the woods with Zebralight Headlamp the light level that I use most is that between 500 and 600 lumens, it is an optimal compromise between brightness, autonomy and heat.

Now I just have to wait a few days to see if the protected Eagletac battery that is in my H600Fc is drained all the way down (but I'm afraid yes, this specimen certainly has a problem)

Now I just have to wait a few days to see if the protected Eagletac battery that is in my H600Fc is drained all the way down (but I'm afraid yes, this specimen certainly has a problem)
    This morning the light no longer turns on ..
    A few hours were enough to drain the little energy left in the battery, now I just have to ask for an RMA

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jbc247 View Post
    I ordered that same light less than a month ago, and when I emailed Zebralight they told me the backlog delay is 1-2 weeks from ordering. Mine was shipped after 1.5 weeks. I presume it's still the same delay.

I almost certainly have a light with a very high parasitic discharge.
    It's really easy to measure that with a DMM. Take off the tailcap, stick one lead on the battery, and one lead on the shiny edge of the body tube. If the current is higher than around 30uA after settling for a few seconds, you have a problem.

It's really easy to measure that with a DMM. Take off the tailcap, stick one lead on the battery, and one lead on the shiny edge of the body tube. If the current is higher than around 30uA after settling for a few seconds, you have a problem.
    Thank you
    I have a value that fluctuates between 43 and 47 but after a few seconds it is more between 45 and 47.
    This measurement was made with a new, not fully charged battery (3.77 V) I have no idea if this can affect it.

Edit: Zebralight replied quickly and issued an RMA.I did not understand, however, if the light is repaired or replaced.
    Last edited by Stefano; 12-23-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Thanks to this thread, just bought H600Fc, H604c, and H53Fc. Hopefully the tint is close to the spectacular neutral Hound Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIslander View Post
    Thanks to this thread, just bought H600Fc, H604c, and H53Fc. Hopefully the tint is close to the spectacular neutral Hound Dog.
    Damn! Just checked my inventory and see I have an SC53c and SC53Fc already. Nice tints! Will be even better in a headlamp.

Quote Originally Posted by JimIslander View Post
    Damn! Just checked my inventory and see I have an SC53c and SC53Fc already. Nice tints! Will be even better in a headlamp.

If you talk about inventory you have a nice collection ;-) I did it once on Eneloop and charger but on the Flashlights I refused to do it.
    I miss H53Fc, I am very tempted but now I use little AA lights.
    You just bought 3 magnificent lights I'm sure you will be happy.
    Last edited by Stefano; 12-23-2019 at 12:46 PM. Reason: translation

Flashaholic*

Thank you
    I have a value that fluctuates between 43 and 47 but after a few seconds it is more between 45 and 47.
    This measurement was made with a new, not fully charged battery (3.77 V) I have no idea if this can affect it.

Edit: Zebralight replied quickly and issued an RMA.I did not understand, however, if the light is repaired or replaced.
    If that's microamps, it's an okay result. Certainly not the cause of your battery drain.

If you're actually reading milliamps, that would certainly cause a cell to go dead in 2 or 3 days.

Flashaholic

Hi all,
    Can you please point out to me the differences between these two Zebralight models: H600Fc Mk IV 18650 XHP50.2 Floody 4000K High CRI Headlamp and H604c 18650 XHP50.2 Flood 4000K High CRI Headlamp?
    Same LED, same color temp, same CRI, both said to be floody, same price... I only see a minor difference in output.
    Is one model more recent?
    Both are "Back ordered": what does this mean with ZL?
    I already own two ZL and would be happy to buy one more, since I really love the UI.
    But I regret they don't have a magnet on the tail. Can this be modified (glued magnet or other DIY solution)?

Flashaholic

Default The Official Zebralight Thread .

Yeah, that would be good. I like the SC600w HI, it has some decent throw for such a small light. But, they could probably double that with a bigger reflector and maybe driving it a little harder. Though, over-driving isn't really Zebralight's thing. I'm not sure what the max rated current is for the XHP35 HI, but I thought it would have a little more room than Zebralight is doing in the SC600w HI. A SC700 body would give more ability to cool it.

I wouldn't buy it, because I haven't bought into the 21700 craze yet, but I could see that it might be popular with some.
    I would prefer 18650 to keep it as small as possible. I haven't gone to 21700 batteries either.

Edit:
    H604c has no reflector, so much floodier with no hotspot for perfectly uniform light, ultra wide angle, and ideal for close up work.

H600fc will be better for all around use.
    Last edited by NPL; 12-28-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Flashaholic

Thanks NPL for the clarification. The difference was not obvious from ZL's titles, which both say "Flood(y)".

The H600Fc has a reflector and a frosted lens to diffuse the beam. It has a hotspot but itís broad and floody.

The H604c does not have a reflector, only the LED and itís the maximum flood you can get, no hotspot at all.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.

If that's microamps, it's an okay result. Certainly not the cause of your battery drain.

If you're actually reading milliamps, that would certainly cause a cell to go dead in 2 or 3 days.
    Unfortunately the second option.
    After that I did another test with a different protected battery.
    Measured 4.10 V before inserting it into the H600Fc, after about 12/13 hours it was 3.77 V
    This seems much worse, before it took approximately a month to drain a battery.
    In a few days I will send it back to have it replaced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast