Is this for real?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can get 10k+ lumens for far cheaper as well, but most of the cost here will be from the 18x emitters and optics.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.
I never expect spectacular build quality from small shops like these. There are many cost efficient elements that makers can integrate to keep their costs down.
Interesting to check out and use, but I would save a few more pennies up and splurge get a name brand equivalent or custom that will outlast and provide a higher
level of confidence using. 3000lm per 18650 cell is high output and current demanding upon the cells.

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
Im guessing the build quality and the beam would be much better on a known branded light? If not I im missing something here as I paid 300+ for my nitecore tm26 4000lms light

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux quality is good overall. Only thing you're really missing out on is driver. Nitecore might implement some buck drivers, while Astrolux sticks with fet+linear for max output and lower cost. High output monsters like these demand unprotected 18650s, and good quality unprotected 18650s can handle tons of amp draw, there is no concern there.

Can't compare beams between optics and multi-reflector. They are two very different beast, neither better than the other. Both are going to be equally as good. Multi reflector will produce smaller hotspot, large corona, flower-petal spill. Lots of tiny optics like the MF01S will create huge hotspot that throws, with minimal corona and spill.

Here's a video review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QstlJiFXZc

Keitho

Enlightened
If that style of light is on your list, you might consider the Noctigon M43 for the higher build quality for less money, about half the lumens. Keep in mind that half the lumens doesn't look half as bright, it looks just barely dimmer. I have a modded 25,000-lumen pop-can flooder, but more often reach for my M43 because I like the size/weight, efficiency, and quality.

CM2010

Enlightened
Im guessing the build quality and the beam would be much better on a known branded light? If not I im missing something here as I paid 300+ for my nitecore tm26 4000lms light

Astrolux isn't some unknown brand and when did you buy the TM26 as prices have came down over the years whilst lumens have increased.

hugodrax

Newly Enlightened
The question is. Is it demo lumens or real lumens sustainable during the life of the battery. I don't see the point of a lumen rating that only lasts 2 minutes

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much any high output sodacan light like this will have a short turbo burst, including the M43. People generally agree that the Emisar D18 has superseded the M43.

Now Fireflies is ramping up for an ROT66v2 that will compete with the D18 and MF01S. Exciting times.

Phil2015

Newly Enlightened
Astrolux isn't some unknown brand and when did you buy the TM26 as prices have came down over the years whilst lumens have increased.

Bought it just over a year ago and paid too much money for it I know, but I bought it from TorchDirect as I wanted it to be easy if anything went wrong. From TorchDirect its guaranteed for 5yrs

The question is. Is it demo lumens or real lumens sustainable during the life of the battery. I don't see the point of a lumen rating that only lasts 2 minutes

How meny people actually use there light over a 1000lms anyway? I mainly use my tm26 at 700lms, if its much higher then that, it shines too brightly on objects, making them hard to see clearly

Last edited: