tk16 acebeam 1800 lumen

PartyPete

Enlightened
I have the Cree 1800 lumen version, although I've looked at beams shots and videos of all the emitters and I think they all have merit.

I think most people will likely gravitate towards the Luminus model for the warm tint.

The Osram is definitely interesting too. Looks like a tighter beam but quite a bit of throw for a small light.

The Cree isn't terrible either. It is a cooler tint but nothing offensive and certainly not some angry blue color. Seems noticeably brighter in reviews I've seen. One minor gripe is that against a white wall there is a slight yellowish ring but not noticeable outside under regular use. Nice floody beam profile.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is acebeam lieing?

the website says the osram tk16 throws for over 300 meters is this true?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
sorry my memory is so bad lately doc says it is becuase of my thyroid

archimedes

Flashaholic
Understood, but it makes it difficult to navigate the forum if there are endless short threads on overlapping topics.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Re: is acebeam lieing?

the website says the osram tk16 throws for over 300 meters is this true?

Its true for the Osram version. This also answers your question in the first post. The Osram version has less overall output (lumens) ie. 1300 vs 1800 lumens. However it has a significantly tighter beam and throws a lot further.
So for people who like tighter, more throwy beams in triples, the Osram version would be the preferred version despite the overall lumens being less.

raggie33

*the raggedier*

Its true for the Osram version. This also answers your question in the first post. The Osram version has less overall output (lumens) ie. 1300 vs 1800 lumens. However it has a significantly tighter beam and throws a lot further.
So for people who like tighter, more throwy beams in triples, the Osram version would be the preferred version despite the overall lumens being less.

cool do you think it will still be ok to walk thru woods at night>?

raggie33

*the raggedier*

just so you all know when changeing betwen eco and power mode you have to click switch crazy fast ten times.. way faster then i thought

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast

I actually just picked up the osram veraion of the TK16. I liked the light, for both itssupposed throw, and also its ability to run on bith primary CR123 batteries, and 16340's.

The UI is simple to remember. I managed to lock it out without knowing it about 5 minutes after I got it out of the box, thought I'd broke it, lmao.

Its cool white, 6500k, but very balanced. Not too blue, not too green. Just cool white, so I'm ok with it.

It does throw surprisingly far. Definitely not a monster thrower, but for a light that disappears in the palm of your hand, it throws a fairly punchy beam. Easily 100 yards of throw in somewhat illuminated auburban environment. Definitely not 338 meters, but 100 yards is fantastic, imo.

The lockout is easy and very effective. The clip is kinda bulky, but its very springy and takes effort to try to remove from the light.

Light gets very hot on turbo with a Li-ion, very quickly. Still gets fairly hot woth a CR123. Havent tried to see if its thermally regulated at all.

Clicky switch provides good feedback even while wearing gloves.

Honestly, if they made this same light but for 18650s and enough mass to run turbo for decently long periods of time, it'd be a winner.