Medium output 18650 light, for longer runtime?

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
What's the latest in 18650 lights designed for longer runtime? I'm interested in something 200-300 lumens tops. Don't need a light sold by an insane turbo mode that only lasts a few minutes.

I mean, sure, my PD35 has medium output levels, but what's the fun in not buying another light?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look at a Malkoff MD2 with an M61L. 200 lumens for 5+ hours.

For a more involved UI, you can get a Zebralight SC 600 MK IV and program out the higher outputs.

If your budget is higher, an HDS with an 18650 battery tube.

Last edited:

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight. Pick the size/emitter you prefer and program it to only output 200-300 lumen mode. Example...SC600w mk iv Plus lists 358 lumens for just over 5 hours. Or 171 lumens for just over 12. Want both? Program it to have both levels just by double clicking to toggle between them.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same suggestion here,Zebralight.

You can simply program one of the mode groups exactly as you prefer and switch between 3 different selections of different groups easily at any time.

So you can have a single level group if you like or a 3 level group where each level is less than 300 lumens and still have a wider ranging group for when that is needed,just like I have done!

I don't know of another light that lets me have this level of customized outputs and easily switch between them as well?!

There are also the lights that will ramp the output where you can set the max ramp level as you prefer to get the ceiling at the output you want but also still double click into Turbo as needed.

I have the BLF and Emisar lights that can be setup this way.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, there are two basic paths here ... fixed output, or programmable.

Malkoff MD2 plus dropin of your choice will give you whatever moderate output you choose, plus an optional lower mode with a resistored ring, as the benchmark for the former.

As for the latter, you have many possibilities. Board favorites include HDS, OR BOSS, ZL, even something custom like the McGizmo AquaRam with HiVe driver.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
That MD2 looks appealing. I like custom stuff so that fits the bill nicely.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wowtac A1S

It's inexpensive, well built and has mode memory. The A1 max is 500 lumens while the A1S is 1150 max...but they both have reasonable mid range modes. I like 'em because they have REAL knurling...deep enough to make sawdust when used on wood.