Help finding someone to mod Surefire Minimus and Saint Minimus

knfmkr

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for someone to mod / upgrade a few Surefire headlamps. They are all the 100 lumen models. One is the Minimus and the other is a Saint Minimus. I'm wanting the same output of 100 lumens but want a more efficient LED to increase the abysmal 1-1.5 hr runtime. I'm guessing this is a tall order given the design of the light and placement of the LED but wanted to take a shot and see if there was anyone here that was capable of doing it.

Last edited:

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help finding someone to mod Surefire Headlamps

You might want to be more specific about which model you have. I only found 300 and 1000 lm models (the Minimus and the Maximus).

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm looking for someone to mod / upgrade a few Surefire headlamps. They are all the 100 lumen models. I'm wanting the same output of 100 lumens but want a more efficient LED to increase the abysmal 1 hr runtime. I'm guessing this is a tall order given the design of the light and placement of the LED but wanted to take a shot and see if there was anyone here that was capable of doing it.

Which headlamp is it?

knfmkr

Newly Enlightened

Saint Minimus and Minimus.

borealis

Newly Enlightened

If you're not particularly attached to the very expensive and not very bright Minimus, there are other small headlamps with variable output available. Imalent HR20 (18650/2xCR123) has a turning knob, and Thrunite TH20 and Acebeam H40 (AA and 14500) use ramping (with e-switch). Unlike what I'm guessing is an ugly blue LED in the Surefire, all of these have a neutral white option, only cost $30-$40, and accept batteries with higher capacity than 1xCR123, and go up to 500-1000 lumens (depending on the light, LED, and battery).