Tigerlights and lack of information.

DimBeam

Enlightened
I hear nothing but raves aboout the 8" Tigerlight. But unless I am missing something(a real possibility) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it is hard to find out certain details so let me ask them and hopefully you guys can help.
1. What exactly is the Lumen rating?
2. What is the battery life between charges?
3. How long is the bulb life?
4. I can't find out what the replacement cost is on the bulbs?
5. Warranty?
6. Recommended Internet vendor?
Thanks for all your help.

Size15's

Flashaholic
1) I think my TigerLight outputs about 275Lu at a guess compared to the SureFires I have. It's hard to tell because the beam is different to SureFires - that's an intense centre to the main beam...

2) Good - very good. I don't use it much and charge it less. It usually performs very well.

3) Unknown. Don't use it enough or enough of them to gain enough data.

4) Call TigerLight or a TigerLight Dealer.

5) See answer to question 4).

6) If Dan doesn't sell them, I don't know where to start either (other than to order direct from TigerLight.

I'm sure others can offer their answers too.

Al

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello DimBeam,

1. No idea of the lumen rating, but my light puts out a little over 41000 candela.

2. I did a test with mine (I have two of them) and found that after 60 days at room temperature they ran for around 43 minutes. I am stating this from memory, you would have to do a search to find the actual numbers, but this is close. This surprised me because I was anticipating less run time after sitting for that amount of time. I believe the published loss rate is 1% of the remaining charge is lost per day.

3. I have around 40 hours on my lights and have had no bulb failures. I have heard as high as 70 hours, but I don't have an exact figure. The bulbs have a 6 month warranty.

4. I believe replacement bulbs were around $15, but you should call TigerLight for the exact price.

5. The TigerLight has a limited lifetime warranty.

6. Dan at Tactical Warehouse will set you up with one.

Tom

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd agree that Size15s is in the ballpark on the lumens estimation. I'd guess it as 300 lumens give or take, though I actually think it may be more -- I'm comparing with the M4's 350 lumen lamp. As stated by Al, due to the very different beam, it's difficult to come up with more than a rough guess.

Latest posts