Replacemenr for Sunwayman Revolution V11R - CR123 EDC

walkngdude

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
My old Sunwayman V11R has a broken lens and I desperately need a replacement. It seems that they are discontinued. I really like the twisty brightness adjustment so that I can quickly turn it up or down to what I need but if this is not a feature that is available something similar would be nice but not a deal breaker. I use rechargeable RCR123A's and like a tail clicky.

I'm an electrician and use this thing inconstantly in my daily routine from making up connections in a dim corner to crawling attics or under your house.

Also I assume it wouldn't be hard to take this thing apart and replace the glass. My caliper reads the inside of the threaded barrel at 0.79 inches or 20.2 mm. Where is a good place to buy the glass? It would be great to get a new light and fix the old one.

Thanks a bunch
Marc

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked my V11R lens and it's a nominal 20.11-20.18mm dia (not perfectly round, I guess) and about .99mm thick (I'll say 1mm).

Yes, you should be able to just unscrew the top cap with rubber strap wrenches, if you can find a replacement lens. I assume you've asked Sunwayman and the dealers. Normally I'd say to try flashlightlens.com, but I don't see any in stock in that size. You might ask them. I have never actually bought from them. You might try looking for other brands and see if they have something the same size.

If your brightness ring is not smooth, I'd recommend undoing the bottom of the head as well, and cleaning out the old grease and replacing it with a damping grease. There are threads on this if you search.