• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Two new computer Li Ion batteries available for free...

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Folks,

I have a couple of Li Ion computer batteries that are "near new"... The first one was only cycled a couple times before the laptop failed. The second was run for a few minutes before further debugging showed the laptop was not worth resurrecting. I did not want to return the batteries to the vendor--They shipped me the correct and working batteries and the failures were not their issues.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Cell-Ba...D-A665-A665D-Laptop-PA3817U-1BRS/370592632836

Updated... I had the wrong battery for the second listing... It is "flat" Li Ion pack:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Battery-fo...5-573P-R7-571-AP13B3K-AP13B8K-US/202290118389

This battery is not available (still working in computer):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Cell-2200mAh-Battery-For-Toshiba-Satellite-C55D-B-C55D-C-C55T-B-PA5195U-1BRS/302381052188

Batteries are virtually new/unused and shipped in the last 90 days or less... They are certainly good batteries for your laptops, or if you want to take them apart for projects.

First person to claim (both, or possibly people that only want one or the other of the batteries)--Drop me a PM and with their mailing information (I will ship free in the continental USA via ground to a good home).

Just did not want to see them go to waste (I have no use).

I will close this when somebody takes the offer.

-Bill

San Mateo, California.

Last edited:

fmc1

Enlightened
I have never seen a 12 cell laptop pack before. I have opened up a lot of them, in the neighborhood of 50 if not more. 6 cell packs I found to be the most common by far. A three series of two parallel cells normally rated between 11 and 12 volts. I have seen a few 9 cell packs in a 3p by 3s setup. 12 cells could be a 4p by 3s so that's about 12000mAh at 12 volts.

Someone should scoop this up quickly.

Frank

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, they were both made in China. I don't know what cells were used. The 10 year old original Toshiba battery (first link, but 1/2 the size and number of cells), the cells were from Korea, and assembled in China (I found that battery bank and will add it to the package).

aginthelaw has claimed the batteries.

Take care everyone,
-Bill

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally got the cells. can't do anything with the li-polymer pack since they weren't meant to be repurposed, but the other two have promise. i'm in the middle of an asthma attack and sinus infection so i'll get back to you when i crack them open. thanks again.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very happy you received them without problem.

Sorry you cannot use the LiPo pack. Not sure if anyone can easily.

Take care,
Bill

Latest posts