Flashlight with wide Hotspot and spill

Christian1122

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone

I love going on hikes at night in the dunes. It is so peaceful and the city skyline is beautiful at night. I am looking for the perfect flashlight for this. The most important thing for me is beam pattern. Last time I used the nightcore MG25GT. It is a great thrower but the narrow beam gave me sort of a tunnel vision. I also have the fenix RC05 and that one is perfect. It has a wide Hotspot and also a wide spill. The only downside is that it isn't as powerful as I would like. Great for edc but not so much for hikes. There are bigger lights in the RC line but they are a lot bigger. I would like to be able to put the flashlight in my jacket so they can't be super big. Any recommendations?

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight M2R has a nice wide beam. It's also quite compact. I have the normal tailcap switch version, the M2T and if you don't want the full maximum output just use the side switch which comes on in whatever mode was last used by it.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a nice, broad hotspot that still throws, you'll want to go optics. Sodacan lights like the MF01S, D18, ROT66 are great for this.

Christian1122

Newly Enlightened
Olight M2R has a nice wide beam. It's also quite compact. I have the normal tailcap switch version, the M2T and if you don't want the full maximum output just use the side switch which comes on in whatever mode was last used by it.

Thank you for the recommendation. It seems like a great light. What do you think about the Fenix E30R? They are comparable in specs but it is 25 euro cheaper. But since it is fairly new I can't find much information about the beam pattern

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Agree with twisted here. Optics is the way to go. I'd add emisar D4s to the list for pocketability. That'd be a great option. Awesome value for money to! Great throw from larger optics. Check out vinhs modded versions at skylumen for extra throw if needed.

FAAbUlights

Newly Enlightened
Just a few you may like:
Lumintop FW3A
Emissar D4 v2
Zebralight SC600fd mk IV Plus (my most recommend option)
Olight Seeker 2 Pro
Sofirn SP36