Klarus        

Thread: Surefire Fury Int. problem

Shrug Surefire Fury Int. problem

I am a little fans of Surefire.
    I still love this Fury, just asking for a RMA from Surefire ( they reply emails really slow ...... )

Got this Fury at March2019 from Amazon.
    Since i got this, there was a "Small little floating object" floats around the bezel.
    I thought this was not a serious problem, lazy to send or ask for a RMA.

But! That floating object stick on the LED body, and caused a burnt-like and then the
    LED body melted. X(

Anybody friends see something like this before?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/105L...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100-...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10CB...ew?usp=sharing

Default Re: Surefire Fury Int. problem

I'm sorry for what happened to your light. I've always wanted to try an intellibeam. While I'm no expert on Surefire, I've read that their customer service responds better to phone calls than emails.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Just dropped my Fury DFT off at UPS for return to Surefire......same slow response from them to my initial email request for service {very disappointing for a company that sells high end products at premium prices}

My Fury is about 6 months old,probably less than 20 minutes total "on" time- has developed burnt spot on LED, aprox 1/3 of total surface area burnt looking and output of light drastically reduced due to this condition

Will see how quick they turn around light and if it returns in current flawless scratch and chip free condition.

Very disappointed these are not put through testing when manufactured to weed out these early failures.

I would give them a call instead of emailing. I’ve always had good results that way, and pretty fast turn around times. Seems like a lemon/defect more so than a testing problem.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post
    I would give them a call instead of emailing. I’ve always had good results that way, and pretty fast turn around times. Seems like a lemon/defect more so than a testing problem.

yes, and a factory "burn in" test would weed out the defective lights before they disappoint someone who spends $200 on a flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Qship1996 View Post
    yes, and a factory "burn in" test would weed out the defective lights before they disappoint someone who spends $200 on a flashlight.
    Sad to hear this issue.
    I do agree we do expect more on QC & CS from Surefire.

btw, any Fury's picture which can share to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    I'm sorry for what happened to your light. I've always wanted to try an intellibeam. While I'm no expert on Surefire, I've read that their customer service responds better to phone calls than emails.
    Thanks pal!
    i am from Hong Kong.
    So, will wait for a few more days before i make the IDD call.

Not to just be jumping on the wagon or whatever, I do feel that this is a good example of why I no longer spend over a certain point for any flashlight. After a certain dollar amount, you are no longer paying for materials, design or even research and development of the light. You are simply paying for the name emblazoned on it. Sometimes that isn't enough to insure you get a working light with no weird issues. I try to never make it about the brand or the price but sometimes, ...it just is.

Default Surefire Fury Int. problem

Quote Originally Posted by lightfooted View Post
    Not to just be jumping on the wagon or whatever, I do feel that this is a good example of why I no longer spend over a certain point for any flashlight. After a certain dollar amount, you are no longer paying for materials, design or even research and development of the light. You are simply paying for the name emblazoned on it. Sometimes that isn't enough to insure you get a working light with no weird issues. I try to never make it about the brand or the price but sometimes, ...it just is.
    I mean, what you’re saying is applicable to any niche hobby. Think luxury watches, high-end cars, and even electronics. There’s always going to be opposite ends of the spectrum. Sure, you can easily purchase a cheaper product that will do the same thing, but they’re truly not comparable. Yes, when you buy a more expensive product you might be paying for a name to a certain extent, but there are other non-quantifiable factors such as pride of ownership, cutting the pretense, and the buy-it-for-life nature.

Sorry to pull the thread OT, but just felt I had to put it out there. Hopefully OP’s flashlight gets fixed. Bummer about being on the other side of the world, but at least ya know they’ll probably take care of you unlike with some other manufacturers.
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)