Surefire Fury Int. problem

Asa226

Newly Enlightened
I am a little fans of Surefire.
I still love this Fury, just asking for a RMA from Surefire ( they reply emails really slow ...... )

Got this Fury at March2019 from Amazon.
Since i got this, there was a "Small little floating object" floats around the bezel.
I thought this was not a serious problem, lazy to send or ask for a RMA.

But! That floating object stick on the LED body, and caused a burnt-like and then the
LED body melted. X(

Anybody friends see something like this before?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/105LFjZrQXrzJgX21a4L16OJHPpU8pw0Y/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100-Ygk1EGeNWz0lmzb_PAUDa7lazKi84/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10CBeboLh13-YXoPxAuWkdqLSarz6Tk8g/view?usp=sharing

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry for what happened to your light. I've always wanted to try an intellibeam. While I'm no expert on Surefire, I've read that their customer service responds better to phone calls than emails.

Qship1996

Enlightened
Just dropped my Fury DFT off at UPS for return to Surefire......same slow response from them to my initial email request for service {very disappointing for a company that sells high end products at premium prices}

My Fury is about 6 months old,probably less than 20 minutes total "on" time- has developed burnt spot on LED, aprox 1/3 of total surface area burnt looking and output of light drastically reduced due to this condition

Will see how quick they turn around light and if it returns in current flawless scratch and chip free condition.

Very disappointed these are not put through testing when manufactured to weed out these early failures.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would give them a call instead of emailing. I've always had good results that way, and pretty fast turn around times. Seems like a lemon/defect more so than a testing problem.

Qship1996

Enlightened
I would give them a call instead of emailing. I've always had good results that way, and pretty fast turn around times. Seems like a lemon/defect more so than a testing problem.

yes, and a factory "burn in" test would weed out the defective lights before they disappoint someone who spends $200 on a flashlight.

Asa226

Newly Enlightened
yes, and a factory "burn in" test would weed out the defective lights before they disappoint someone who spends $200 on a flashlight.

Sad to hear this issue.
I do agree we do expect more on QC & CS from Surefire.

btw, any Fury's picture which can share to us?

Asa226

Newly Enlightened
I'm sorry for what happened to your light. I've always wanted to try an intellibeam. While I'm no expert on Surefire, I've read that their customer service responds better to phone calls than emails.

Thanks pal!
i am from Hong Kong.
So, will wait for a few more days before i make the IDD call.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to just be jumping on the wagon or whatever, I do feel that this is a good example of why I no longer spend over a certain point for any flashlight. After a certain dollar amount, you are no longer paying for materials, design or even research and development of the light. You are simply paying for the name emblazoned on it. Sometimes that isn't enough to insure you get a working light with no weird issues. I try to never make it about the brand or the price but sometimes, ...it just is.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to just be jumping on the wagon or whatever, I do feel that this is a good example of why I no longer spend over a certain point for any flashlight. After a certain dollar amount, you are no longer paying for materials, design or even research and development of the light. You are simply paying for the name emblazoned on it. Sometimes that isn't enough to insure you get a working light with no weird issues. I try to never make it about the brand or the price but sometimes, ...it just is.

I mean, what you're saying is applicable to any niche hobby. Think luxury watches, high-end cars, and even electronics. There's always going to be opposite ends of the spectrum. Sure, you can easily purchase a cheaper product that will do the same thing, but they're truly not comparable. Yes, when you buy a more expensive product you might be paying for a name to a certain extent, but there are other non-quantifiable factors such as pride of ownership, cutting the pretense, and the buy-it-for-life nature.

Sorry to pull the thread OT, but just felt I had to put it out there. Hopefully OP's flashlight gets fixed. Bummer about being on the other side of the world, but at least ya know they'll probably take care of you unlike with some other manufacturers.

Qship1996

Enlightened
Follow up to my repair of my Fury I posted about earlier in this thread.

I was happy to see the box waiting on my porch this morning from Surefire, and extremely happy after opening it.It did NOT contain my repaired Fury DFT light, but a brand new, factory sealed one including a 18650 battery and micro usb recharging cord!

Way to go Surefire! Their solution to my issue increases my satisfaction of ownership of all 3 of my Surefire lights,and has gone above what I was expecting.I remain a loyal,satisfied customer.

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Sad to hear this issue.
I do agree we do expect more on QC & CS from Surefire.

btw, any Fury's picture which can share to us?

Can't figure out how to attach photos here.
My Fury Intellibeam DFT's LED turned into caramel colour and shrivelled up after not that many minutes of total on-time. Brightness significantly reduced. The appearance of the LED looked wrong when compared with other models of Surefire.

Returned to Amazon. Waiting for refund.

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Follow up to my repair of my Fury I posted about earlier in this thread.

I was happy to see the box waiting on my porch this morning from Surefire, and extremely happy after opening it.It did NOT contain my repaired Fury DFT light, but a brand new, factory sealed one including a 18650 battery and micro usb recharging cord!

Way to go Surefire! Their solution to my issue increases my satisfaction of ownership of all 3 of my Surefire lights,and has gone above what I was expecting.I remain a loyal,satisfied customer.

How is your replacement performing.

My purchase from Amazon was one including a Surefire branded 18650 rechargeable as well. The barrel became too hot for comfort after running for less than a minute on full brightness. How hot does yours replacement get?

(As I mentioned in another post, I've returned my Fury to Amazon waiting for refund.)

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire Fury Intellibeam DFT faulty LED problem

I am a little fans of Surefire.
I still love this Fury, just asking for a RMA from Surefire ( they reply emails really slow ...... )

Got this Fury at March2019 from Amazon.
Since i got this, there was a "Small little floating object" floats around the bezel.
I thought this was not a serious problem, lazy to send or ask for a RMA.

But! That floating object stick on the LED body, and caused a burnt-like and then the
LED body melted. X(

Anybody friends see something like this before?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/105LFjZrQXrzJgX21a4L16OJHPpU8pw0Y/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/100-Ygk1EGeNWz0lmzb_PAUDa7lazKi84/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10CBeboLh13-YXoPxAuWkdqLSarz6Tk8g/view?usp=sharing

My LED look pretty much like the one shown in your first photo. Shrivelled up.
I don't have any floating object in mine though.

Amazon processed my refund. I wonder if I should order again from Amazon (in case they have a bad batch) or go to a physical shop to get my replacement.

Qship1996

Enlightened

I have not had much time to tinker with the replacement Fury yet- a half dozen 10-15 second blasts at most- will turn it on and leave running for 5 minutes and see how hot it gets,hopefully in the next few days.

Qship1996

Enlightened

I have not had much time to tinker with the replacement Fury yet- a half dozen 10-15 second blasts at most- will turn it on and leave running for 5 minutes and see how hot it gets,hopefully in the next few days.

Ran the Fury for a timed 6 minutes on a freshly charged Surefire branded 18650, body and head of light was only slightly warm at 6 minute mark.

Erik_Cartman

Newly Enlightened

Ran the Fury for a timed 6 minutes on a freshly charged Surefire branded 18650, body and head of light was only slightly warm at 6 minute mark.

Good to know your replacement in good working order.

Asa226, you and I have experienced the LED burn-up problems.

Anyone aware if Surefire has released any statement about this?

Asa226

Newly Enlightened

Hi all buddies .
Here is a case update .

After 2.5months , the Surefire Fury Int. finally came back to daddy !
Surefire replaced a new Fury with a battery .
Well .... Surefire Customer Service actually works nice .
Just , as people said online , their online/email reply are really really slow .

But , it still ok for me . Hope everyone's Fury goes fine and bright ( Finger Cross !! )

Erik Cartman , Surefire doesn't give a reason to me , hope my case is really caused by the "object" ( Finger Cross again )
I don't want to make another replacement again ! XD