What happened to everyone?

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Admittedly I haven't logged into here in a while, but where has everyone gone? The board has almost no activity anymore.

Rob

nightshade

Enlightened
Well, I'm not gonna post if you ain't here...:crackup:
Welcome back! I discovered the latest in night vision gear, it's evolving nicely.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, I think that "social media" behemoths have absorbed a lot of traffic that might otherwise have gone to many small and specialized hobby forums.

I've moved this thread to The Cafe for further discussion, as OP is not really a "New Member" (and probably needs no introduction) ... ;)

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I still check CPF daily, but have slowed way down on flashlights. The cool stuff is too dang expensive for me these days. And agree, facebook has taken traffic from CPF for sure.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Admittedly I haven't logged into here in a while, but where has everyone gone? The board has almost no activity anymore.

Rob
I got bored with the industry. I will never trust unprotected lithium ion batteries especially at high amp draw.

I used to like small die led like the R2 so you could get decent throw from a small flashlight.

If someone invents a way to get more throw from a small head without eliminating all spill using primaries my interest would be renewed.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm familiar with it. Isn't it more than twice the size of an r2? I should make clear what I mean. It would require a jump in tech to a much smaller yet just as bright led. I almost bought a Zebralight with the XPL HI but the throw still wasn't spectacular. It is the best around today but it's been around a long time.

I am used to Zebralight sc64 so the Eagletac is too big for me to carry comfortably. I do like their products but tough to compete with Zebralight size. If only Zebralight could make a thrower with the same sized head. As I said it would take a leap in tech.

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been here as long as or been as active as you guys but for me- I started a new job on nightshift. I check the forum everyday, I definitely prefer this to FB.

Another thing that slowed me down is buying some of the lights that I wanted, not wishing that I did. The couple of lights that really tempted me recently, is the Malkoff M91 group buy. I cant justify it now but have wanted a brighter version of my M61N for a long time, and upgrading my ZL H600fc to the latest version. However, I am pretty much set for my lights (for the moment)

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I check in every day but don't post as much. I've about ended my flashlight collecting and now just by then for tools. Nothing has really blown me away.

mcm308

Enlightened
I still check in and will post here and there. Try to help someone like the guy who has a stuck battery. Nothing new appeals to me. I have my few old Surefires, a couple small Leds and thats it. I may not be as well known as others but have been around a long long time...lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Lumen83

Enlightened
The new stuff in the last few years overall hasn't excited me much. I think its for a number of reasons. The LED era has been around long enough where its not as exciting to see what they can do next. There was a time when they were first hitting the market and I was blown away at each new improvement while they were overtaking what incans could do in many ways. Now there doesn't seem to be as big of leaps happening. Its sort of hit a plateau in a lot of ways for me because I'm satisfied with the lumen levels, the run times, and the durability already. So, I'm not sure what more could impress me besides CRI. And even the highest CRI LEDs fall short of my incans. So, it just doesn't seem to be as exciting or as innovative anymore. I've actually reverted to collecting all incans as of lately with the exception of one EDC LED light. Other than that, I'm not posting about or following the new stuff.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all the lights I need/want, so...for me it.....is the archimedes peak:
VAybawQ.jpeg

as per archmedes and all credit due to him: ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ictive-is-it&p=4378276&highlight=#post4378276 )

Last edited: