Reduced power lamp for SureFire E2

Gandalf

Enlightened
I called SureFire recently, and I was talking to somebody in Repair, about getting a replacement part, and I asked about the reduced power lamp for the SureFire E2. He told me they are going to be 23 lumen, not 25 (he was specific about this) They are being manufactured even as we speak, but it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before they are available. Probably want to get some stock on hand, to try to avoid, or decreases, the inevitable rush of orders, and back orders. Production delays have kept them from being available for about a month now. I didn't ask what that was....
mad.gif

He said SureFire was hoping to get more business from backpackers (maybe he ment campers?) Not a market SureFire has tried to attract, so far...
wink.gif
So the lamps will be available anytime from about 3 to 4 weeks, to longer, depending on how much trouble they have from the manufacturer....
tongue.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gandalf:

He said SureFire was hoping to get more business from backpackers (maybe he ment campers?)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they really mean backpacker. Backpackers don't mind paying premium for anything lighter, campers could carry their M6, Ultra Stinger, LSI RC 3800 or anything their campers could tow.

However, as a backpacker, E2 with 23 lumens might not be able to replace UK 2L. 2L is lighter, brighter and waterproof. I do think that low output E2 will get more market share on general public who want to have a better mini Maglit.

Alan

D

**DONOTDELETE**

what about the 120lumens (123?
tongue.gif
) lamp? anything on that?
confused.gif

Gandalf

Enlightened
I called SureFire today, and spoke again with the fellow in Repair about the reduced power lamp for the SureFire E-2. He told me that SureFire is having some'issues' with it's lamp supplier, and the reduced output lamp is still having a 'glitch'(unspecified).
confused.gif

But he said that none have been deivered to SureFire yet, and he had no idea when they would be available. The last time I spoke to him, he had a very definite 4 to 5 week timeline, but now, he seems to have no real idea when these lamps will be available. Since they aren't even into production yet, due to design 'glitches', I don't think we are going to be seeing them very soon. But, he also said things change almost daily
frown.gif

Bottom line: later, rather than sooner. They are no closer to getting these lamps out than they were over a month ago. But, as things change daily.....maybe there wil be a bit of a breakthrough ....or more likely, not.
rolleyes.gif

With no real timeline, at this point, it's reasonably safe to assume it's going to be longer than the 4 to 5 weeks I was quoted before.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif
He did, however, say that the 100 lumen lamp for the E-2 is getting closer to production; for my part, I really don't care about that. If I need *more* light than the 'standard' E2, I'll just just grab my 9P, or M6
cool.gif
. I discused with him, briefly, the relative lack of demand for the 100 lumen lamp, compared to the (approx.) 25 lumen lamp.
tongue.gif
He was in agreement with me on that. Crap! Don't hold your breath!

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi to everyone

Not to pleased that the delivery date I provided yesterday was inaccurate regarding the new bulb for the E2.

So now 24 hours later, just off the phone with SF, and indeed they expect middle to end of August delivery.

They did indicate that they had a design prototye they were going to accept but changed their mind this morning.

Oh well, we have waited this long...

blush.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I want a high output lamp for the E2, and the E1 for that matter!

Of course, I'll get the low output E2 Lamp, but I don't think I'll use it. Thinking long term, I see myself having the E2-HA with high output lamp, E2-BK with standard Lamp and E2-GM with long runtime Lamp.

The new PocketClip for the E Series Bezels with Lanyard attach point looks great. I have a new E2 with removable PocketClip so I'll upgrade as soon as possible.

Al

Spidey82

Enlightened
Hight output!!!!!
I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!!

btw is the low output as bright as the uke 2L??

Gandalf

Enlightened
I don't know the exact light output of the UK 2L, but it's got a burn time of either 3 to 4 hrs. (older packaging) or 4 to 5 hr (newer packaging) The UK 2L looks about the same as a 3D Maglite. Odds are good that the Surefire E2 with reduced power lamp will be similar to the UK2L; I'd guess it may be a bit brighter, but without the more focused beam the UK2L has. But I'm really just speculating; even the people at SureFire haven't approved the lamp, yet. There are problems; my guess would be that they can't meet their initial announcement of 25 lumens for 3 hrs. When I spoke to an individual at SureFire, he indicated the lamp would be 23 lumens. But, there appear to be problems with the lamp, and anyone who gives a delivery date is simply guessing, or trying to put up a good face in the state of delayed production. Nobody can even aproximate a delivery date, before the lamps are even being manufactured
shocked.gif

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
...hey...

I want the 100 lumen bulb... =) Then again, I'm a city hugger who rarely uses his E2 to begin with... battery life means nothing to me. =P

Heh... where does the line begin?

Gandalf

Enlightened
The 100 lumen lamp may be easier to get into prodution than the 23-25 lumen lamp.
blush.gif

But since SureFire has announced the reduced power lamp, my guess is that they are going to get that into production before the 100 lumen lamp.
rolleyes.gif
Of course, I'm only guessing; I didn't ask the felow at SureFire for any details on the 100 lumen lamp, as I'm not interested in it. Sorry.
shocked.gif