• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Mockbug. First small series run

AER-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Here goes…

It is with no small amount of personal satisfaction that i'm offering the first and potentially only batch of Mockbug lights up for sale.
In all i have the following lights available:

Mockbug-70.JPG

Mockbug-71.JPG

Mockbug-73.JPG

Mockbug-72.JPG

#01 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered egginator1
#02 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered Anonymous
#03 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered badtziscool
#04 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered jal
#05 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered thugcop
#06 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Available
#07 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Available
#08 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Available
#09 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Available
#10 Mockbug Steel Light with nickel finish. / Delivered TailoredEDC
#11 Mockbug Steel Light with black Oxide "Post Apocalyptic" finish. / Delivered Anonymous
#12 Mockbug Steel Light with black Oxide "Post Apocalyptic" finish. / Delivered Zandar

There's a thread in the "Homemade and Modified Flashlights Discussion" https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...ockbug-The-story-of-my-first-flashlight-build section going over various design iterations as well as my motivation and parts of the actual build process.

Disclaimer:
Please keep in mind that these are made in a home shop and are not PERFECT. They are made to the best of my ability and are in my mind pretty good but what you see in the pictures is what you get.
In the interest of full disclosure there is in my mind a single caveat. Not all lights are capable of reversing the body tube between the head and the tail-cap. This comes down to holding too tight tolerances on the threads prior to Nickel plating. It will not cause any issues in use but i believe you should be aware before buying.

Mockbug Short (MBS) Mule:
- Dimensions: L 69mm / 2,71 Inches – Maximum OD 25,8mm / 1,01 Inch – Body 22,2mm / 0.87 Inch.
- Weight (not including battery) xx Grams
- Body is nickel plated steel.
- It takes a single RCR123 / 16340 rechargeable Li-Ion cell.
- Reverse Clickie.
- Nichia NVSL219C R9050 D240 4000k CRI92 LED
- Hardware modified Nanjg AK47a driver.
- Default firmware is 3 mode with memory and battery protection on. (moonlight, 30%, 100%)
- Single 7135 moonlight mode. (means it is brought as low as it can go)
- Maximum output 700ma which should provide in the region of 250 Lumens in this configuration. (this is not confirmed as i have no means of measuring it.)
- Anti reflection coated mineral glass.
- Synthetic rubber boot.

Nickel plated finish:
- Nickel plated interior and exterior for maximum environmental protection.

Post apocalyptic finish:
- Nickel plated interior, Super Crusty black oxide exterior (requires occasional oiling).
- Durability of this finish will be quite a bit less than the Nickel finish but wear and patina should suit the finish nicely.

Optional custom firmware:
- Modes 1-5 (Specify modes as percentage)
- Moonlight enable yes/no (deducts from modes)
- Memory on/off
- Battery Monitor on/off
There's no need to do Turbo as the light will run 700ma all day long. It will be uncomfortably hot but it will run.
(The firmware is written by JonnyC with a few modifications by me)

Pricing:
Mockbug standard USD 220.-
Customized firmware + USD 15.-

Shipping:
-Shipping from my part of Europe to the US is an issue. E.g. Costly.
-I will be changing you what it costs me to ship. Nothing more nothing less.
-As custom firmware is an option each driver is programmed and the pill assembled to order. This may cause a few days of delay from when you order the light til i can ship it.

US:
Tracked non-insured USPS USD 24.-
(1-3 Weeks estimated)

Europe:
Mainland Europe will be less than US shipping. Please state your specific country and i will get back to you with shipping quote cost.

An unconditional "I'll take it" commits both you and me.
In addition please specify if you'd like customized firmware.
This being my first series run going up for sale i must admit i'm excited to see how this goes.
Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. I'll do my very best to reply within a reasonable time frame.

Happy shopping
/ÆR

Small-gif.gif

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Congrats on getting your project to this point, it has been a pleasure to follow your build thread.

You are welcome to link that up here for reference, if you like, by the way.

Best wishes for your sale !

Zandar

Enlightened
Excellent, to see. I can't resist, I'll take number 12 please, with the black oxide finish! I might want to go with the customized modes, I'll send you a PM about configuring the light.

Last edited:

AER-Lights

Newly Enlightened
@ Archimedes
Thank you and i'm glad you liked it. On a personal note it was a bit of a marathon but as with so many things. If it's hard it's likely to be worth doing :)
And… I'll update the post with a link. I wasn't really sure if that was allowed so I figured I'd be cautious.

@ Zandar. It's yours.
And i'm glad you're here :)

@ badtziscool
Done! I'll off-cause reply.

@ jal
Welcome to the party. You got it.
I'll PM you with details.

I'ts a funny thing.
I spent more hours watching the thread today than i care to tell and the moment i step out for a couple of hours stuff happens. I guess it's a time zone thing.

Last edited:

AER-Lights

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update:
I'm happy to announce that the first 3 lights are shipped and in transit now :)

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
What does this mean?

He's just saying that due to the coating process and the tighter than needed thread tolerances, some of the lights won't be able to have the head thread on to the tail side of the body and vice versa. I guess the design was to have the body symmetrical so that it didn't matter which side you threaded the head or tail on. It really has no affect on the functionality.

AER-Lights

Newly Enlightened
@ Badtziscool
Thank you :)

@ Ozythemandias
I't means exactly what Badtziscool suggested. Btw. If you're not aware he received his light yesterday :)
The reason i mention it in the first place is merely a matter of "Full disclosure" I want you to know exactly what you're getting.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Zandar

Enlightened
I got mine today but I'm stuck at work all day. I haven't had any real time to play yet but just holding her, I can tell you the light screams quality. Tonight I'll test her out. You guys are really missing out by not going with the fantastic black oxide finish. Thank you so much AER-Lights

AER-Lights

Newly Enlightened
@ Nimitz68
As always. Thank you for following along as well as chiming in :)

@ Zandar
This is brilliant.
Between you and Badtziscool the first two lights to arrive in the real world and i have two fantastic quotes.
Thank you!
Looking forward to your post test opinion :)