EDC light with power bank function?

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
Hi all!

I am looking for a decent 18650x1 edc light that ideally has the following features....

- moon mode, 1 lumen max, preferably lower
- power bank function, can output power to usb to give my phone a pinch of juice in an emergency
- sturdy and reliable
- 400 lumens min high mode

The idea is to lighten my bag and have a light and power bank in one. Would only look to get my phone up a few % if it ran out and I had to make a call or two.

Any recommendations much appreciated!
Rich.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not going to find a decent quality light with a powerbank function, let alone with the attributes that you list.
I DDG'd "Flashlight powerbank" and found some cheap chinese stuff that I wouln't give house room to.
I think you'd be better to buy a 18650 light that does what you want and pick up an XTAR PB2 powerbank. This has 2 removeable 18650s, so you chan use it as a charger and powerbank. Officialy it only takes unprotected flat top cells, so bear this in mind when picking a light. I have managed to get some unprotected button tops in, but that's me.
Good luck with the search.
P

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
P has a good suggestion but if you want something else versatile have a look at the Surefire Firepak. Mine has fallen into a toilet along with my iPhone 6S and both are still working fine. The firepak works with the firepak case made for iPhone and some Samsung's OR you can use it as a stand alone rig nicely tucked in your pocket, pull it out for a light (up to 1500 lumens), use as a power bank, even connects to your phone through the firepak app and Bluetooth to give you extra photo capability and editing functions!

Keitho

Enlightened
My solution to the same problem is often the Fomolov A1 magnetic USB charger. A good light with an 18650 or 21700 cell becomes a good powerbank in a pinch with a charger that is about the same size as a small charging cable.

If you really want a light/powerbank, I'd suggest looking at the Wuben TO50R HC, except that I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere (it was a group buy on the other forum). The powerbank function works, and I'm a sucker for high CRI and a strong tail magnet, but that's of no use to anyone if it isn't for sale anymore (maybe WTB subforum). I wouldn't EDC it because of size/weight, but it has a place at my desk at work, on my metal desk frame.

Last edited:

Richard Costin

Newly Enlightened
My solution to the same problem is often the Fomolov A1 magnetic USB charger. A good light with an 18650 or 21700 cell becomes a good powerbank in a pinch with a charger that is about the same size as a small charging cable.

If you really want a light/powerbank, I'd suggest looking at the Wuben TO50R HC, except that I can't seem to find it for sale anywhere (it was a group buy on the other forum). The powerbank function works, and I'm a sucker for high CRI and a strong tail magnet, but that's of no use to anyone if it isn't for sale anymore (maybe WTB subforum). I wouldn't EDC it because of size/weight, but it has a place at my desk at work, on my metal desk frame.

Thanks! Sounds like it might be a decent compromise [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro