How often to clean and lube the circuit board in the HDS battery compartment?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am doing battery changes daily. Every time I open and close the battery compartment the battery signal wire moves across the circuit board inside the HDS head in the battery compartment. The battery signal wire in my aluminum lights is thin and probably does not create too much friction. The battery signal wire in my Titanium light is thicker and I imagine it creates more friction every time I open and close the battery compartment.

I was wondering how often I should clean and lube the circuit board in the HDS battery compartment?

Also, what do you use at HDS as an applicator for the grease on the circuit board in the HDS head?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the exact same wire. The one in the titanium light just has insulation on part of the wire.

If the board looks clean... don't touch it.
If the board looks dirty, clean it and lube it. We use a foam type Q-tip to lube so it doesn't leave fibers in there.

TomK85

Newly Enlightened
Dan, can I use the battery grease that you are selling, also on the board or just on the threads? And maybe a stupid question, but how thick should it be applied on the threads. Offcourse not superthick but just a small film or a bit more visible.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, can I use the battery grease that you are selling, also on the board or just on the threads? And maybe a stupid question, but how thick should it be applied on the threads. Offcourse not superthick but just a small film or a bit more visible.

Yep. You can use it on everything.
Small film... bit more visible. You don't need a lot, just so it completely covers the threads.

Latest posts