Surefire S2 Stratum - Thoughts/Comments?

Signalcorpsoperator

Newly Enlightened
Afternoon all,

I recently picked up a new-in-box S2 Stratum locally, and was curious if anyone has any long-term experience with this particular model.

Did a little bit of digging about, and found here on CPF the excellent review of the light, so there's that.

I realize the light is little more than an updated 6P LED with 3 brightness levels and a differently machined body, but after having used it for a few days, it's honestly starting to grow on me as a rather practical general purpose light.

If anyone has used one for an extended period of time, I'd be curious to hear what your thoughts are! :twothumbs

Thanks!!!

Tom

akula88

Enlightened

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Straum is a very nice light. At least I like it much. The Statum has a Luxeon K2 (TFFC I guess). The LED tint is very nice. A little bit on the warmer side. All my Surefires using the Luxeon K2 LEDs have a very nice tint. I also like the 3 levels, they are really usable.

If you did not payed that much (it is "only a 160 lumens" light from 2010) it may be a nice grab.

Signalcorpsoperator

Newly Enlightened
Hi there gents,

Akula - thanks very much!! I saw the first post, but completely missed that second link there, glad to see I'm not the only one that likes the little light! :twothumbs

Warrior - Agreed, on all counts! I was kinda leery about buying an older "only 160 lumen" light, but honestly, it has really grown on me. While not the brightest overall, it is a great general-purpose light. I do like the tiny too, seems warmer than my other "factory-led" Surefire lights. :naughty:

And I don't think I overpaid for it, it was new in the box, the guy was asking $100, after some back and forth, ended up getting it for $80 out the door. :twothumbs

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it!! :twothumbs

Tom