SC64w HI 18650 XHP35 good for EDC pouch?

pjanoo

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to have a mountain trip with my company so I'm looking for a good light with great reviews that will fit in a small EDC pouch. Is the sc64 good for that? Or can you recommend a good thin light?

Last edited by a moderator:

scout24

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF. I approved your post after lightly editing out content that wasn't relevant to your question. Shilling and spamming is an issue here, please don't take it personally. I hope you get good recommendations. :welcome:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC64w HI is an excellent all around light. In fact, I'm carrying one right now and have been for the past month or so. Go for it!

pjanoo

Newly Enlightened
Hello and welcome to CPF. I approved your post after lightly editing out content that wasn't relevant to your question. Shilling and spamming is an issue here, please don't take it personally. I hope you get good recommendations. :welcome:
Thanks for your kind, scout! :D

The SC64w HI is an excellent all around light. In fact, I'm carrying one right now and have been for the past month or so. Go for it!
Thanks for your response! I'm going to take it :D

timbo813

Newly Enlightened
I carry a SC64w HI regularly and it's my "best" all around light.

Some of the good points:
Amazing output to size ratio
Good quality
Good interface with quick access to lots of different brightness levels (especially after programming)
Good mix of throw and flood
Lots of option from very dim moonlight mode to very bright light up a good sized yard
It's an efficient light

Downsides:
Price - you can get a decent flashlight for less (convoy, etc) but I would argue that it's lower overall quality.
Quality - you can get a more reliable light (malkoff, etc) but you will pay significantly more and they will have less output for the same size.
Not a great choice for defensive carry (with a gun) because it doesn't have a rear switch.