HDS Systems        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Outstanding regarding the non solder feature. Hoping you will post a video. (unless it needs to be not disclosed)
    Coming up! And this first prototype is pretty rough even compared to the 2nd units I machined the next day. I think the bugs should be near gone by the next time I get into the machine shop.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Love reading up on your progress!
    Thank you

Outstanding regarding the non solder feature. Hoping you will post a video. (unless it needs to be not disclosed)
    Quick and dirty video of the assembly of the first "wireless" prototype. I am installing a 16mm copper MCPCB into the Lumenite engine. No wires necessary. I did put a tiny bit of solder on the 2 lead pads to ensure the height of the contact points would maintain good constant contact - with no wire connecting to the pads, there is nothing there to break.

Wow, a restricted video? I sent you a PM anyway.

Oops....didn't mean to make it restricted. It should be public. I'm checking it out now....

Should be good to go now. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Still indicating restricted video!

Saw it...
    Maybe you need to be subscribed to see

Video works fine.. Awesome

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hey Fraz will this work with existing new gen lights that we own?
    Now if we could just get rid of the springs......:0) or maybe make pogo springs so as to have nothing to catch/bend/fail.

That is wonderful and a joy to see your journey unfold. Definitely want one of your creations. Simplicity is divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    Hey Fraz will this work with existing new gen lights that we own?
    Now if we could just get rid of the springs......:0) or maybe make pogo springs so as to have nothing to catch/bend/fail.
    This new wireless design unfortunately will not work with older gen Lumenites. The internals are different. However, the existing battery tubes will be compatible

The spring issues shouldn't be a problem with the newer designs. The tension on the battery created by double springs is one of the things I like about this design - eliminates contact flicker and creates an extra layer of durability and consistency (something not available with 'battery crush' QTC designs). Although a pogo spring is definitely worth a look....

That is wonderful and a joy to see your journey unfold. Definitely want one of your creations. Simplicity is divine.
    Thank you . I've definitely found out how difficult it is to make a design functional and minimal. Usually it goes 1)durable 2)functional 3)minimal....pick 2. But I want all 3! I'm willing to get some extra gray hair for all 3.

-Fraz

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678