Jetbeam        
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    History in the making; absolutely beautiful.
    Thank you! I've always been into the good looking and clean internals as well as externals mentality, so I just hope people enjoy these as much as we do.

Both lights sold. I'm heading in to machine some more tomorrow and will update again shortly.

Thanks!
    -Fraz

I'm currently at the shop catching up, but also machined a new design purely for testing purposes. Made 2 of them to torture test the wireless internals of the light (we'll release videos soon). Everything is the same as the Tiny Nugget except it has thicker walls on all sides and more aggressive milling marks for grip. I can make more of these if needed, just wanted to see if there's any interest. I'm calling it the TinyTank. Pictured left below (Tiny Nugget and pen for size reference):

I've also been making more 18650s, 21700s, and 18350s this trip, so I will be contacting those on the list and posting again soon.

Thanks,
    Fraz

When my turn arrives on the list, I'll take a Tiny Tank. I like it! I will also take it unanodized if possible. Looks like a good design for wet hands for a better grip.

Those forward flutes give it a revolver cylinder look; nice!

When the time is right for you to create a single 26650 light that can take a long protected cell (close to 700mm), I will be hoping you can make one with visible/slightly tactile radial milling marks from aggressive tooling. That, and a 4500-5000K not too rosy, not too yellow or green tint and perhaps natural anodizing (with no concern about possible mismatched color between body, bezel and tailcap). Definitely got a credit card or PayPal for that. I would accept dyed black anodizing, but a fella can dream, right?

Love the tank! Ill take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be in for the Tiny Tank. I like the more aggressive look.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Picked it up Today.

A very nice light!!!

Thank You

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post
    I’d like to purchase a 21700 model please.

Thank You!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    When my turn arrives on the list, I'll take a Tiny Tank. I like it! I will also take it unanodized if possible. Looks like a good design for wet hands for a better grip.
    Great! I'll start making some extras...

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    Those forward flutes give it a revolver cylinder look; nice!

When the time is right for you to create a single 26650 light that can take a long protected cell (close to 700mm), I will be hoping you can make one with visible/slightly tactile radial milling marks from aggressive tooling. That, and a 4500-5000K not too rosy, not too yellow or green tint and perhaps natural anodizing (with no concern about possible mismatched color between body, bezel and tailcap). Definitely got a credit card or PayPal for that. I would accept dyed black anodizing, but a fella can dream, right?
    I think I can make those things happen... Now that we're back at the shop we're gonna be up there as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    Love the tank! Ill take it!

I've written you in. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pilo7448 View Post
    I would be in for the Tiny Tank. I like the more aggressive look.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I'm going to add this light to the lineup likely. I've been testing it the last couple days and have really grown to like it myself. The very small amount of extra bulk isn't really noticable imo.

Picked it up Today.

A very nice light!!!

Thank You

Jim
    Thanks again Jim. I hope you enjoy the light! Please let me know if you have any comments or questions about it.

We've been torture-testing the TinyTank the last couple days. This light has really grown on me....and it can take a massive amount of punishment so far. I've also gotten a couple really good data points from the high-impact testing we've been doing. Below is a small video of some of the testing for those interested. Baseball season...

Flashaholic

A Swing and a Hit...

It's a Home Run!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    We've been torture-testing the TinyTank the last couple days. This light has really grown on me....and it can take a massive amount of punishment so far. I've also gotten a couple really good data points from the high-impact testing we've been doing. Below is a small video of some of the testing for those interested. Baseball season...

Appropriately named!

I like the sound it makes on contact! Methinks she could take much more

Got the tiny nugget

Cant wait for night. Outstanding design. Love the feel if it. Works perfect! Could not ask for a better light

But

Now im going to need to have a tank, a luminite, and a big E

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    Got the tiny nugget

Cant wait for night. Outstanding design. Love the feel if it. Works perfect! Could not ask for a better light

But

Now im going to need to have a tank, a luminite, and a big E

I'm very glad you like it! And I'll be more than happy to que those lights up for you. Thanks again for the Tiny Nugget purchase. Please let me know if you have any additional comments/questions about it....the 'instruction manual' along with the light is an ever-evolving thing.

-Fraz

We've been machining more lights again this week and hope to have a decent supply built up by the time I go back home (my house is in a different town than the machines i rent). All I'm waiting on now is the optics for the Tiny Nuggets and more lights will be ready to be checked off the list. In the meantime, here is a torture test video that is one of the nastier ones I've done. I don't think there would be many lights that can hold up to this kind of impact. And the battery (which I was worried about) actually took no damage at all. Here is the Flashlight-golf-tee test....

Tiny Tank below the golf ball....

Nice drive! One more reason I'm glad to be on the list.
    The TK20. Yes, it still rocks- WoodsWalker

Doing some reading on these and they seem to be right up my alley with my taste in lights. Bomb proof!!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I would like to get on this list please. Looks great.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Flashaholic

Ab So Lutely Love Mine!!!

Flashaholic*

Can I borrow one to shoot at with my .450 bushmaster. You know, for science?
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Nice drive! One more reason I'm glad to be on the list.
    Thank you - actually made pretty good contact with that one....little 3 yard draw over the railroad tracks....

Looking forward to assembling your light!

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Doing some reading on these and they seem to be right up my alley with my taste in lights. Bomb proof!!
    That's what we are going for! The lack of electronics really lets you stretch the limits of the durability of design.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I would like to get on this list please. Looks great.
    Thank you! You're on it

Ab So Lutely Love Mine!!!
    Glad you do . Please let me know if you have any comments - with this new design I want to get all the feedback I can and continue to make the design better every time we go to the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Can I borrow one to shoot at with my .450 bushmaster. You know, for science?
    I read about the grim results of the first trials of 6061 armor....but still...

That's a great idea! I was considering bird shot, but I never considered machining a plate-carrier.... Start with .22 and go up!

Thanks guys,
    -Fraz
    Last edited by TheFraz; 08-11-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Had a productive week in the shop. Pictured below are some of the units we finished (these have not yet been anodized). Pictured from left to right are the Lumenite 18650, Tiny Nugget 18500 (a new addition), TinyTank 18350, and Tiny Nugget 18350. The Tanks and Nuggets are very similar except for the increased wall thicknesses of the Tank. A Tank is also pictured below by itself. I will begin contacting some more people on the list tonight. If they don't respond, these lights will go up first-come-first-serve. We will continue to work the way down the list and it should start to pick up speed as we get the scale more efficient.

Thanks,
    Fraz

Niiiiice!!! Looking forward!

'm ready, Bill me.

Look great!! Can't wait to have one of these in my stable.
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Yes without a doubt!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Sir - Please put me down on the list for one (1) Lumenite 26350. I'll try to shoot you a PM too. Thanks.

Can I change my request to a Tiny Tank?
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

I would like to change mine to a tiny tank as well. If I can.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast