Acebeam        
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Quote Originally Posted by discoverEDC View Post
    Is the Blaster based on the Tiny Tank or Tiny Nugget? What battery tube are you using?
    TTank with a 18500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    TTank with a 18500

Cool, I put my request in for a Tiny Tank in 18500.

Please put me down for a 18650 tiny tank with that SST-40 please
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I would like an18650 5000k TTAnk. Thank you. William

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    Photon Cannon?

I am in the field with a Blaster-I assure anyone reading this it most certainly IS a light cannon, photon blaster, or my personal favorite, day-maker. Most recently, I have dropped it off a 12 step (accidentally) on to concrete.
    It left a white mark, on the floor. Beam did not stutter

RIP floor. I've dropped mine several times, I still cringe but the light is still unscathed. Glad it's working out well for you!

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Iím really not a warm tint kinda guy but really want one in 3000K. With this awesome design I think it would be a really nice option.
    I love the warm emitters and 100% agree with this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
    I love this light more and more everyday. I also enjoy seeing these posts and pictures with history and inner workings of the light.
    Awesome! I'll try to remember to post more nostalgia, we take a lot of it for granted (or try to mental block it out, depending on the issue).

Cool, I put my request in for a Tiny Tank in 18500.
    Please put me down for a 18650 tiny tank with that SST-40 please
    I've got both y'all on the list!

I've updated our website with a bit of backstory if anyone is interested in a rather long-winded tale from (what seems like) long ago...

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    I would like an18650 5000k TTAnk. Thank you. William
    I've got you on the list!

Flashaholic

Love my lil nugget but have discovered that the speck of paper that came out of the light the first time I unscrewed it and threw away wasnít packing material as I thought but some sort of lubricant paper?? Light works great so do I need it? I would also be on the list for a warm led version if you decide to build some. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ledbetter View Post
    Love my lil nugget but have discovered that the speck of paper that came out of the light the first time I unscrewed it and threw away wasnít packing material as I thought but some sort of lubricant paper?? Light works great so do I need it? I would also be on the list for a warm led version if you decide to build some. Thanks
    That's just a little rag of Break Free CLP lube you can find at WalMart etc. It's mainly for the break-in period when the piston is meeting the battery tube the first 100 or so times. If it feels a bit rough you can use it, but if you don't have any issues you should be good to go. We try to break in all the lights a bit (with dummy qtc) before shipping.

Absolutely - we're in the process of sourcing more warm LEDs now. Glad you like the light

Warm. Fantastic! Please put me down officially for a 18650 tiny tank with one of them as well.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Warm. Fantastic! Please put me down officially for a 18650 tiny tank with one of them as well.
    Got you down. Thanks!

How long until these (21700) are in stock at the website?

Here is a photo comparison of the lowest level on my HDS rotary and the lowest USABLE level on my tiny nugget.

The nugget goes many level lower than these, to the point that my camera wonít capture it.

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    RIP floor. I've dropped mine several times, I still cringe but the light is still unscathed. Glad it's working out well for you!

I love the warm emitters and 100% agree with this statement.

Awesome! I'll try to remember to post more nostalgia, we take a lot of it for granted (or try to mental block it out, depending on the issue).

I've got both y'all on the list!

I've updated our website with a bit of backstory if anyone is interested in a rather long-winded tale from (what seems like) long ago...
    I just read the backstory you updated on the website: It sure does read well. Well-done!

Quote Originally Posted by vand3537 View Post
    How long until these (21700) are in stock at the website?
    We're in the shop through this weekend working on more, when they are assembled and ready next week they will be posted

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post
    Here is a photo comparison of the lowest level on my HDS rotary and the lowest USABLE level on my tiny nugget.

The nugget goes many level lower than these, to the point that my camera wonít capture it.

I occasionally use those low levels in the middle of the night. We used to have a warning on the instructions to look into the optic to make sure the light is actually really off as they can get low enough to look like an ember. Although the drain at that level would likely be months.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchant View Post
    I just read the backstory you updated on the website: It sure does read well. Well-done!
    Thanks! Although, that's all Speck . While we've been at the shop she's been trying to update the website bit-by-bit while the machines go brrrrrr..

Flashaholic

speckacuda PM sent.
    Thanks for putting the new info up on your website, it was interesting to read.
    Jimmyboots, that was a great picture, thank you. Auto camera balancing can skew things but your Nugget looks to be pretty warm 👍 I had a rare factory 3000k rotary once, a nice flashlight and low output, but not as stout as a Nugget.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks very warm to me. Thatís kinda what Iím looking for.

Thatís the Samsung 4K option.

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    I've got you on the list!
    Thank you...

Thatís the Samsung 4K option.

Thatís 4K? Wow.

anyone know where to Source like a quality 4300k LED for these ?
    also considering hcri 4500k. trying to get close to 4300. maybe 4500 can be a 4300?.
    thanks.
    Malkoff Junkie

Flashaholic

Thatís 4K? Wow.
    Camera balance I bet. Take the same picture and add a 3000k light in the mix and that one would probably appear orange.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by neutralwhite View Post
    anyone know where to Source like a quality 4300k LED for these ?
    also considering hcri 4500k. trying to get close to 4300. maybe 4500 can be a 4300?.
    thanks.
    I haven't dealt with the emitters that Fraz uses, I've been using XPL HI, but color binning has gotten a lot tighter so if you order 4500k you will get pretty close to that. Fraz mentions earlier in this thread some sources. It's a ways back I think. 4000k and 5000k are pretty common but I don't know about in between.

thanks where do you order that? thanks much discoverEDC!.

I haven't dealt with the emitters that Fraz uses, I've been using XPL HI, but color binning has gotten a lot tighter so if you order 4500k you will get pretty close to that. Fraz mentions earlier in this thread some sources. It's a ways back I think. 4000k and 5000k are pretty common but I don't know about in between.
    Malkoff Junkie

Flashaholic

Mountain Electronics is a great site used by the flashlight modding community. Note that the forward voltage of the XPL-Hi is a bit higher than the LEDs typically used by Fraz.

true, and thanks again. contacted Fraz.

Mountain Electronics is a great site used by the flashlight modding community. Note that the forward voltage of the XPL-Hi is a bit higher than the LEDs typically used by Fraz.
    Malkoff Junkie

Nice pic! I see that you've found the moonlight mode. Best for map reading or staring directly into an emitter pattern.

Hope you are enjoying!

We're heading back from a week of (our most efficient by far) machining new parts and should have more up for sale soon. Also a few brainstorms. All of your user input helps us tremendously.

Flashaholic

Could someone break down the general characteristics of the three models? I gather they go Tiny Nugget-->Tiny Tank-->Lumenite in terms of size, and that the Tiny Tank is "more of a flood pattern", but that's all I could pick up from the Fraz Labs site. Do the three models use different optics? Is there a comparison of the beam patterns anywhere? Anything else I need to know before ordering?

Iím curious about output and beam pattern with the different LEDs. Does anyone have, or can produce comparative beam shots?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Flashaholic

The Tiny Tank is a stouter version of the Tiny Nugget. The wall thickness of the head is thicker. The two Tiny lights can be ordered with 18350, 18500, and 18650 body tubes. I believe that the Lumenite comes with a 21700 body tube and is bigger in general. This also allows for a larger diameter optic. All three use the same types of emitters. I haven't read it anywhere but I'm guessing that the Tinys use 26mm diameter optics based on the size of the lights and standard optics sizes. All this said by a guy who hasn't even held one in his hands Others can verify but I'm mostly certain that I have it right.
    Last edited by discoverEDC; 01-17-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031 LastLast