Acebeam        
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Got your pm but looks like your mailbox is full

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    I've written you down! The Lumenite can use a 26350 and 18650 tube. The others are currently only one tube option.

-Fraz
    Yes, the Lumenite is the one I was referring to, despite my fubar PM I sent. Thanks for the info!

I'd love to get in the queue for a 26350 Lumenite! These are so awesome.

Unenlightened

Forgive me if I missed it in the thread but what is weight of Tiny with battery installed?

Quote Originally Posted by aerodrew View Post
    Got your pm but looks like your mailbox is full
    Sorry about that, I cleared some room.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmboost View Post
    I'd love to get in the queue for a 26350 Lumenite! These are so awesome.
    Thank you! I wrote your name down.

Quote Originally Posted by kibitz View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it in the thread but what is weight of Tiny with battery installed?
    I'm at the shop right now, but I'll weigh the unit and post it when I get home.

In for an 18350 Tiny Nugget, please.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Thanks, reply sent, btw are these compatible with protected 18650 cells?

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    In for an 18350 Tiny Nugget, please.
    You're on the list . Thanks scout.

-Fraz

Quote Originally Posted by aerodrew View Post
    Thanks, reply sent, btw are these compatible with protected 18650 cells?
    Yes, they are compatible with protected 18650s. The only cells I would not recommend are low-amperage-drain cells and cells that have a dangerously high minimum low voltage (the lower than 3v the better).

-Fraz

Quote Originally Posted by kibitz View Post
    The weight is 4.2 oz (119.1g) with battery, 3.5 oz (99.2g) empty.

The weight is 4.2 oz (119.1g) with battery, 3.5 oz (99.2g) empty.
    Could you also post the weight of the Lumenite 26350 and the 18650?

I got mine, I really like them. These things seem like they could be shot out of a cannon they are that beefy strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn7 View Post
    I got mine, I really like them. These things seem like they could be shot out of a cannon they are that beefy strong.
    I appreciate it! And I appreciate feedback from these new designs - I'm taking notes from all you early adopters and am changing the designs for the better with every trip I machine parts.

Thanks again,
    Fraz

Quote Originally Posted by Lane32x View Post
    Could you also post the weight of the Lumenite 26350 and the 18650?
    Yes, I can post this tomorrow when I get back to the house.

Wow, I like the simplicity, it's genius.
    No inductor whine, no resistors to fail, no intermittent switches, no magnetic rings to repack like trailer hubs, no morse code like settings to memorize...

Please put me on the list for 2 (two) of the 18350 Tiny Nuggets.

Flashaholic*

Yes, I can post this tomorrow when I get back to the house.
    Following...

@TheFraz, do you know if this could work with a high CRI emitter like an SST20 or a Nichia, or would the current potentially destroy the emitter? I’m still in for a Lumenite either way. Just trying to figure out if I can make this even more “ideal.”

Quote Originally Posted by TIP AND RING View Post

Wow, I like the simplicity, it's genius.
    No inductor whine, no resistors to fail, no intermittent switches, no magnetic rings to repack like trailer hubs, no morse code like settings to memorize...

Please put me on the list for 2 (two) of the 18350 Tiny Nuggets.
    Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to do...eliminate failure points, keep a simple user interface, and have an ultra-durable tool.

I added you to the list. I just got back with quite a few components, so it's catch-up time.

-Fraz

Quote Originally Posted by Lane32x View Post
    @TheFraz, do you know if this could work with a high CRI emitter like an SST20 or a Nichia, or would the current potentially destroy the emitter? I’m still in for a Lumenite either way. Just trying to figure out if I can make this even more “ideal.”
    Got some in the mail today I'm about to test ! I suspect they should work great as long as the voltage forward changes aren't something crazy.

Subscribed

Got some in the mail today I'm about to test ! I suspect they should work great as long as the voltage forward changes aren't something crazy.
    Honestly can’t wait to get my hands on one of these. This thing just seems amazing.

Flashaholic*

Cool light. Put me in for a 18350. What emitter options available?

Will there be a list visible so we know if we are including in this?

After so many threads, it's just a question. If I don't get one, I'll be disappointed but not gutted.

As posted earlier a few times, would love a 18350.

obi
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Put me down for a 18650, Also what are your hi cri emitter options as of now?

Quote Originally Posted by LightJunk View Post
    Cool light. Put me in for a 18350. What emitter options available?
    I just got some Nichia high cri variants, some SST20s, Cree XM-L2, XM-L HI, XP-L, and XP-L HIs. All of them are no higher than 5k. So far I love the SST20s in the Tiny Nuggets....the lower forward voltage really makes it pop. Also it works better with the optics. More on that later...

Quote Originally Posted by Zunkted View Post
    Put me down for a 18650, Also what are your hi cri emitter options as of now?
    Working on assembly now to catch up....I am going to put up a beamshot comparison shortly with the various offerings.

Working on assembly now to catch up....I am going to put up a beamshot comparison shortly with the various offerings.
    Awesome, can’t wait to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan Kenobe View Post
    Will there be a list visible so we know if we are including in this?

After so many threads, it's just a question. If I don't get one, I'll be disappointed but not gutted.

As posted earlier a few times, would love a 18350.

obi
    Yes! And I have your components saved Obi, I am working on a system (I have people Pming me through here, Instagram, and Facebook). I will definitely fill all the orders - I have been keeping up with the list on paper, but I will post it here. I just need a bit of time. I've been trying to allocate time to catch-up on part machining.

-Fraz

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast