The Fenix-Store        
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Well my tiny tank passed the 30 minute bathtub test with my little one. Bubbles and all😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Well my tiny tank passed the 30 minute bathtub test with my little one. Bubbles and all
    lol glad it survived . Hopefully have an extended lake test coming up soon.

Tracking says friday, cant wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will the 21700 tube fit the Molicel P42A at 21.4mm-21.7mm in diameter?
    Last edited by Greta; 11-19-2020 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Link removed

Finally got mine after a long 3 weeks. My 30 second impression of the tiny nugget 18650 is great. A huge improvement over last year. I'll need more time to evaluate of course.

My Tiny Tank just arrived and it is even more robust than expected. It feels like it could take anything thrown at it, but then looks nice too.

Ya There pretty much bulletproof. Iím thinking the battery is probably the weakest link. And thatís a first Iím thinking. Would love one in SS.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

........Would love one in SS.
    That would be real heavy!

On the left is my first 18350 tiny nugget. This was released right after the no wire change, and just before the release of the tiny Tank.

On the right is the ďBlaster,Ē a 18500 tiny tank.

And tomorrow I hope to add the 18650 nugget. Tracking still shows it on time

Il try to get some beam shots, i think both of these are sst90.2ís

Very cool. This is the first time I noticed this thread. What a refreshingly unique design!
    In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. FS: Upgrades for Maglite.

I was playing with mine last nite, love the low lows!!
    In no order: HDS/Malkoff/OVEREADY/McGizmo/Sky Lumen -PSM

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Very cool. This is the first time I noticed this thread. What a refreshingly unique design!
    Yes sir. I wasnít even worried about performance even though itís actually great. I just love the bomb proof design that isnít going to cost 300-400 dollars. And require 37 minutes of clicks to get it set up how I want. Itís a great light
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

😂😂 I hear ya big.

My first night impression is very good. An excellent improvement over last year. I added a lanyard (constrictor knot), diffusion film, and glow sticker under the optic. Finishing is good too. I find the added length (tiny nugget 18650) to balance out the width. Good stuff so far!

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    That would be real heavy!

A bit ya but itís kinda big for a edc anyways. At least for me. So weight isnít an issue for me.

Every USPS message has me jumpy - this will be the longest work shift ever. That 18650 is scheduled to drop this afternoon. It is listed out for delivery!

I feel like its xmas eve

On the left is my first 18350 tiny nugget. This was released right after the no wire change, and just before the release of the tiny Tank.

On the right is the ďBlaster,Ē a 18500 tiny tank.

And tomorrow I hope to add the 18650 nugget. Tracking still shows it on time

Il try to get some beam shots, i think both of these are sst90.2ís

Your Blaster should be a SST40. I am really liking the performance of these LEDs in smaller designs....I'm trying to get some in warmer colors but finding it difficult right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vestureofblood View Post
    Thank you . We're striving to bring something different to the market.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceScannerMan View Post
    I was playing with mine last nite, love the low lows!!
    I use the lows more than I use the high for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Yes sir. I wasnít even worried about performance even though itís actually great. I just love the bomb proof design that isnít going to cost 300-400 dollars. And require 37 minutes of clicks to get it set up how I want. Itís a great light
    Definitely nailed the intentions of this design. Durability and ease of use paramount. Adjustable levels that are easy to use and understand while making a product with a reasonable price (definitely couldn't do it without some of the new CNC stuff). Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    My first night impression is very good. An excellent improvement over last year. I added a lanyard (constrictor knot), diffusion film, and glow sticker under the optic. Finishing is good too. I find the added length (tiny nugget 18650) to balance out the width. Good stuff so far!
    Thanks Gunga Glad you like it. We've definitely come a long way since we got access to the new equipment....being able to rapid prototype is a game-changer. I can send you info on optics designed to diffuse for that light...there are a few optics made by Carclo that are floodier and will fit in the optic shelf we designed.

A bit ya but itís kinda big for a edc anyways. At least for me. So weight isnít an issue for me.
    SS or brass is definitely something I want to explore. We used to be limited to anodized designs because of the electric pathing of this light....but no more!

Every USPS message has me jumpy - this will be the longest work shift ever. That 18650 is scheduled to drop this afternoon. It is listed out for delivery!

I feel like its xmas eve

I hope you got it and are putting it to use

Flashaholic*

If you do end up making brass or SS Iíll take it. : D
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Flashaholic

I've had my Tiny Nugget 18650 for a week and really like it. Levels ramp smoothly and don't flicker or dim to a lower level once set. My preference is for smaller lights but after having carried this around it is easily pocketable in a jacket or hoodie. It fits my hand well, easy to hold making it unlikely to be dropped, and has a solid base for tailstanding.

The wooden box packaging is nice. Please add me back on the list for another Tiny Nugget 18650. I also have an earlier version on the Tiny Nugget 16340 which doesn't ramp as smoothly. It has 10 aluminum foil shims in the pill. Could I buy a new pill for that light?
    Last edited by bla2000; 11-21-2020 at 10:31 PM.

So funny. I was going to suggest you get a tiny nugget 18650 bla2000! But I see you already got one. So far I've enjoyed it a lot. Mine has Samsung 351 LED. Like it.

I made this unit last time I went in. Another 18500 like the Blaster, but this one uses a Samsung 351 at 4k. I love the color temp and beam pattern of this light. The 18500 battery has a decent bit more capacity than the 18350 at a slightly longer length. This one will definitely become my EDC, but thought I would offer it up if someone wants it (I'll make myself another one next week). Pics below of the light and the color rendition at high CRI 4k.

PM me if interested. Price is $100 battery and shipping included in the US. I'm going to take it off in 2 days if nobody wants it.

Thanks
    -Fraz

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    PM me if interested. Price is $100 battery and shipping included in the US. I'm going to take it off in 2 days if nobody wants it.

Thanks
    -Fraz
    PM Sent

How do I get one of these little beauties?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Tk59194 View Post
    How do I get one of these little beauties?
    Just post here what you want to get on the waiting list. They are fantastic. You wonít be disappointed! Itís amazing watching this thread(s) for so long and now finally we can obtain these beautiful beasts. Iíve used mine for everything past few weeks. Under houses, in the warehouse, perfect for lighting up spec plates on circuit breakers/transformers/etc. then blasting the dark parts of the warehouse where I need more light.

It dials in perfectly and you wonít break it if you drop it or smack it with a baseball bat.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Flashaholic

Fraz, I like the flutes in the head and tail. Comparing these to my earlier model the edges seem less sharp so they don't grate against my hand. Maybe there isn't difference but the new version is better because the pill requires less force to get to max. On my old one, having the aluminum foil shims, it feels like I have to turn and push into the threads to get to max.

Please add me to the list for a tiny nugget

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    PM Sent
    All yours, and thanks! (Burns pulling it out of my pocket).

Also, the 18500 listed above is sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tk59194 View Post
    Please add me to the list for a tiny nugget
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by bla2000 View Post
    Fraz, I like the flutes in the head and tail. Comparing these to my earlier model the edges seem less sharp so they don't grate against my hand. Maybe there isn't difference but the new version is better because the pill requires less force to get to max. On my old one, having the aluminum foil shims, it feels like I have to turn and push into the threads to get to max.
    Thank you Yes, we've made leaps and bounds since the first few designs....your new one will be much smoother. There are many tiny changes that are key to the design but very difficult to dial in and make repeatable - good to go now and we will continue to innovate. We can definitely fix your old one if you wish.

Hi Fraz. Email sent.

Hello Sir, email sent.

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021222324252629 ... LastLast