NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

What are the dimensions of the 18350 and 18650 light?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    That sounds good Glenn. I'll figure out the postage and let you know. Also, if you're interested, the Lumenite head will fit both the 18650 and 26350 battery tubes - you can buy a separate tube to fit the head unless you want 2 full lights.

-Fraz
    Wow yes! The big E and a 18650 tube to go with it would be great thanks, trigger waiting.......

Is it water resistant- how would this light perform in salt-water?
    Last edited by nightshade; 08-29-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Iíll take tiny 18350

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I'm on the list for 4000k right.? Are these easily modded?
    Yes, and I've got some new LEDs on order. They will be easy to mod as they use standard size stars and I've tried to make the components fit together like LEGOs. I'll put up some pics of the internals for each light when I get a bit of time.

On a sidenote, this week I'm working on parts for a 'wireless' version of this light. A model where the LED will fit in with no soldered components or wires at all - that one will be very easy to mod.

I'm on the road right now, I'll measure them tonight for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    Is it water resistant- how would this light perform in salt-water?
    Yes they are water resistant. I've tested them to 5-gallon bucket depth, but I'm going to get the seals working to below 20 feet with 50 feet for an hour as a goal. My old model was capable of 80+ feet, but every time I make a new unit with a new optic new testing has to be done. I haven't had a chance to test deep in a lake yet. That will be the end of this month.

Salt water is a good test! I'll make a salt solution and post how it works out with a 24 hour test (it should hold up just fine...there won't be any important exposed parts)

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Iíll take tiny 18350

Sent from Tapatalk
    PM sent

Pretty sure I was on a list or at least following this project back then. Definitely want to be on a list again for the small version. That is what I was waiting for. Welcome back!

I'm in for a 18350 + 18650
    What type of LED's are available? Looking for NW + HI CRI

I think a waiting list needs to be written.
    Stay sharp and bright for life.
    Have your knife and light handy at all times.
    Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan Kenobe View Post
    I think a waiting list needs to be written.
    I agree. I'm working on updating the thread with more tech specs and info as well.

2.88"x1.35" for the 18350 and 4"x1.71" for the 18650

Updated the 2nd post with a waiting list. I will edit it to reflect the desired models as well.

I've ordered components for some of the special requests, so some may be a bit out of order waiting on these components.

Great ^^^^^
    Just don't use XML's on mine LOOOL

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Great ^^^^^
    Just don't use XML's on mine LOOOL
    Lol I'm looking forward to trying out a 351D....I've never used one of those before.

Lol I'm looking forward to trying out a 351D....I've never used one of those before.
    You wonít be disapointed!

Thanks for updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put me on the list...not sure I want a Big E or the 18650. Only have 123's and 18650's...not sure I want another battery type, but, that Big E looks great. Emitter to be determined. Love my 3-4K's though.

Flashaholic

Please add me to the list for a tiny nugget 18350 with a 4000k led. Thanks.

If the 18650 is indeed 43mm wide, I'll just limit my self to the 18350 tiny nugget. Thanks.

I would like to get on the list for a cute little 18350. Thanks Fraz!

I've just located my "original" (?) design from 2012 and, works like a charm! Please put me in for an 18350 with 5000K!!!

Karl

Yes they are water resistant. I've tested them to 5-gallon bucket depth, but I'm going to get the seals working to below 20 feet with 50 feet for an hour as a goal. My old model was capable of 80+ feet, but every time I make a new unit with a new optic new testing has to be done. I haven't had a chance to test deep in a lake yet. That will be the end of this month.

Salt water is a good test! I'll make a salt solution and post how it works out with a 24 hour test (it should hold up just fine...there won't be any important exposed parts)
    Thanks so much for the testing! I almost jumped on the 18350, but I'm surrounded by brine

Big E done and ready. Here is the unit in action.

-Fraz

VERY nice!

Karl

Big E done and ready. Here is the unit in action.

-Fraz
    That looks like my light 👀 no? 😃

has output been discussed? 18650........
    from off to full on, 270 degrees of twist...?

This thread is the general discussion thread for these lights.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=459952

If the 18650 is indeed 43mm wide, I'll just limit my self to the 18350 tiny nugget. Thanks.
    Yes, the new Lumenite 26350/18650 engine is roughly the same width as the old 26650 light (the Qzark). The reason for the width of the old light is because of how the light engine functioned and the piston assembly needing to be located on the outer edges of the light engine. The newer models have a much better design allowing me to use bigger, more efficient optics. So now the old optic used in the Qzark I've been able to use in the Tiny Nugget, keeping a narrow profile and not wasting space. And the bigger lights use much nicer optics.

Here is a pic comparing the Lumenite on the left vs the old engine on the right:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast