NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    ......has tracks...

Oh my!

Luminite on the way! Soon i will watch over
    tiny nugget 18350
    Blaster 18500
    Tiny tank 18650
    Luminite 21700

Tiny nugget gets the most pocket time, as its a little smaller than the rest. But 18650 has been used several charges worth to illuminate the interior of work truck....been thinking about attaching a magnet to it. I keep forgetting to take some pics.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tiny nugget it just amazing. I love that itís so smooth! I also love that you can operate it with one hand. Itís just such a beast of a light. I am very glad I went with the 18650 size as I have large hands and it fits perfect. I have been carrying it with me everyday to work since it arrived. I need to post more pictures

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    Great photos! Glad you like it - what camera did you use for those? Mine just died and I'm in the market (don't tell @TheFraz) for something that has that level of detail...

PM sent !

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    Oh my!

tiny nugget 18350
    Blaster 18500
    Tiny tank 18650
    Luminite 21700

Tiny nugget gets the most pocket time, as its a little smaller than the rest. But 18650 has been used several charges worth to illuminate the interior of work truck....been thinking about attaching a magnet to it. I keep forgetting to take some pics.....

That's nearly the whole collection - thank you for your support! I have an STL of a magnetic mount I 3D printed, it's still a bit of a work in progress but I'd be happy to share once I get it all hammered out. Also, the Tiny Nugget is my favorite as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Mgizler View Post
    This tiny nugget it just amazing. I love that itís so smooth! I also love that you can operate it with one hand. Itís just such a beast of a light. I am very glad I went with the 18650 size as I have large hands and it fits perfect. I have been carrying it with me everyday to work since it arrived. I need to post more pictures
    So glad you like it! The 18650 is great from a capacity standpoint also, so a double whammy!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchant View Post
    PM sent !
    Thank you!!

Oh my!

tiny nugget 18350
    Blaster 18500
    Tiny tank 18650
    Luminite 21700

Awesome! Almost collected the whole set....for a little while longer anyway...

Thank you! Me as well...my hands are large, and one of the reason we concentrated on the internals so much is it would be near impossible for me to assemble them otherwise.

Aluminum (well, and some brass and steel and other stuff) transforming today and into the weekend....including into a couple things that haven't been available before...

You had me at ďincluding a couple things havent been available beforeĒ.

Yes curious to see what next batch has😁
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
    You had me at ďincluding a couple things havent been available beforeĒ.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Yes curious to see what next batch has
    It has something to do with these...

Oh! A new anodized color?
    And a slight change to the battery tube.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enlightened

Oh! A new anodized color?
    And a slight change to the battery tube.

Well, the ano color is a combo of bad lighting and the recent cold weather. The colder it is, the better the color of the anodization on these lights. However, you are correct about the battery tubes, but I don't have a good photo of it quite yet (have to get it anodized for the right look, or it won't match the engine and will make me crazy). So, after we get back home and get them all looking sharp, we will report back with the surprise!

Love your attention to detail and commitment👍🏻

Yall are masters of Suspense

Could it be

the 26650ís??
    and and
    the
    Big E?!

Dm sent

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Yall are masters of Suspense

Could it be

the 26650ís??
    and and
    the
    Big E?!

Oh, the 26650 is gonna likely result in the next evolution of the design....a 2.0 wireless engine. It will also allow existing models to be shrunk down a bit hopefully.

So not the Big E or 26650 yet.....but I do have in my pocket the first 21700 Tiny Nugget (which is going through it's prototype testing). Also some fairly major existing model design change on the TN 18350. Once we get one anodized and assembled, there will be pics.

-Fraz

TN 21700...Nice! I just picked up 2 x LH351D 5700K (16mm DTP MCPCB) from KD and it would do nicely in a TN 21700 . Any tips or tricks regarding board swaps? Looks like a straightforward job with a Torx driver. Loctite 243/246?

Quote Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
    TN 21700...Nice! I just picked up 2 x LH351D 5700K (16mm DTP MCPCB) from KD and it would do nicely in a TN 21700 . Any tips or tricks regarding board swaps? Looks like a straightforward job with a Torx driver. Loctite 243/246?
    Very nice....I'm a huge fan of the Samsungs now. I will post a video of the board swap (just needs to be a 16mm MCPCB). All it requires is an allen wrench for the machine screw and a pair of small needle-nose pliers for the nut on the other side. There are a couple tricks that make it much easier to change one out (and make it cinch back up tightly).

Got it. I was reviewing images on my old phone earlier: The hex screw and nut looked like two Torx on the small screen I see what you mean now that I am on a PC...

New updates to the design. Eliminated the plug on the 18350 Tiny Nuggets (thus eliminating another point of failure in water incursion). Other changes coming soon...

_Fraz

Looks sharp. Is it coming to the 18650?

Very nice! Iím still loving my 18650 nugget.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Looks sharp. Is it coming to the 18650?
    Thanks. We hope to get it into other designs, but that may require a bit more tooling and op polishing.

Very nice! Iím still loving my 18650 nugget.
    Glad you're enjoying it!

Oh I like that. Can you get a tiny tank with that new design?

Does this plug as a potential point of failure exist on all models (i.e. Lumenite)? USPS says Friday , so until then I am unable to envision anything outside of the pictures already posted here

Oh I like that. Can you get a tiny tank with that new design?
    Yes indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
    Does this plug as a potential point of failure exist on all models (i.e. Lumenite)? USPS says Friday , so until then I am unable to envision anything outside of the pictures already posted here
    Currently all the models have the plug. It isn't a realistic point of failure (might only fail if you are diving with it at 100+ feet - pressure could get around the o-ring. But even then it isn't likely on the plug...it would get around the battery tube o-ring first more than likely). Mainly I just like the solid look of the plugless battery tube. Looking forward to seeing what you think of the light

lol...While I am no longer able to do this due to the fact that we have not owned a camera proper in over five years (phone cam reliant), I'll certainly toss in some commentary

Fraz, do you happen to recall what emitter/*K went into my Lumenite? It was the very first one that you offered in this thread when you rebooted these lights.

I never should have started reading this. I remember when you first were working on the idea. This is my kind of light. A nice lump of metal with a battery and led.

Can someone post a few pics of these next to some other familiar lights?

I would like to be in on one, especially with a Lh351d. Iím just indecisive about which one.
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

I just got my Lumenite. Iím very impressed.

Thereís not too much I can say thatís already been said. I appreciate the smoothness, the cigar grip body, and the overall robust feeling.

This light just begs to be used hard.

Iíd also like a high CRI LH351D 5000K, perhaps in something smaller like 18650.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    I never should have started reading this. I remember when you first were working on the idea. This is my kind of light. A nice lump of metal with a battery and led.

Can someone post a few pics of these next to some other familiar lights.
    Scroll back like 2 pages depending on what platform you are on.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast