NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Not quite apples-to-apples: Lumenite 21700 (LH351D 4K) DD off 1x21700 vs. M91T (XPL- HI) off 2x18500

Hotspot center laser ranged at 160'...Shots do not justifiably indicate how much more versus spill the Lumenite exhibits.
    The LH351D 5700K binned at W6 should be here tomorrow. Should provide a ~200lm boost over the LH351D 4K S6.
    Last edited by adamlau; 12-31-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Reflector vs. Optic..

ZL SC64c LE (LH351D 4K)

FL Lumenite 21700 (LH351D 4K)
    Last edited by adamlau; 12-31-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Fraz, you need to clean your messages. Ive sent twice and they don't seem to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    The Blaster has an SST40 in it, which is like a light cannon with an unprotected battery. That thing is BRIGHT.

I'll get it done! Also, I love seeing your collection of our work- thank you! Had to edit to say WOW that old Tiny Nugget. It feels like we haven't made one of those in a decade, but it has only been around a year since the design changed, and a good example of why we are constantly trying to improve (I never could get those milling marks centered )....,,
    The old tiny nugget is a NW1, but I cannot get the bezel off without fear of gouging the finish. This finish is my fav of the lights staying here... they look plenty centered to me, I love your work!! I cant wait for a BigE, and maybe a multiple cell version, oh and a (im goin there) 10250 lol

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 10250 micro nugget?
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    -- Albert Einstein

Flashaholic*

Iíd buy a 10250 micro nug for a keychain haha
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Oh that would work! Iíd take a few.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    I would buy some for family, and exotic for myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK....So I now understand why solder blobs may be necessary for certain boards: To increase the conductive surface area. The washers are not able to make proper contact with both the + and - of the KDLITER (Kaidomain) board. Shift the board towards positive and there is no continuity at negative. Shift the board towards negative and there is no continuity at positive. Center the board and both + and - are no go. Board itself diode tests as working. Increasing the diameter of the washer can help, but not if washer tilt increases the gap. Solution? Solder blob (or possibly thermal paste).

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    A 10250 micro nugget?
    The thought of making a piston small enough for a micro light gives me the heebie jeebies....but we may be just crazy enough to try it...

Quote Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
    OK....So I now understand why solder blobs may be necessary for certain boards: To increase the conductive surface area. The washers are not able to make proper contact with both the + and - of the KDLITER (Kaidomain) board. Shift the board towards positive and there is no continuity at negative. Shift the board towards negative and there is no continuity at positive. Center the board and both + and - are no go. Board itself diode tests as working. Increasing the diameter of the washer can help, but not if washer tilt increases the gap. Solution? Solder blob (or possibly thermal paste).
    Correct! The small solder blobs on the contact pads are to maintain constant positive pressure by raising the leads above the flat surface of the board. With that little extra bit of altitude it ensures that contact is maintained through bumps drops and crashes. The way the engine is designed the board can't really shift or rock in it's place, but with the factory flat surface of the contact pads, it is possible to lose contact depending on the masking process of the board creating a tiny tiny recess.

That being said, we do have prototypes that require no solder blob....can they hold up to smash testing is the question.

I donít understand. Whatís the difference between the Nugget and the Tank?

All I can tell is the pinched midsection is rounded on the Tank.

I have to say Iíve been loving my Lumenite 21700. Looking forward to seeing what forward progress in 2021 looks like for Fraz Labs!
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    I donít understand. Whatís the difference between the Nugget and the Tank?

All I can tell is the pinched midsection is rounded on the Tank.

I have to say Iíve been loving my Lumenite 21700. Looking forward to seeing what forward progress in 2021 looks like for Fraz Labs!
    The only difference is thickness of the engine. The Tank was designed with thick walls to torture test the internals of the light without the body failing.

Glad the Lumenite is doing some work for you! We have many goals for 2021....I hope to put a year-in-review/goal post up later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jabe1 View Post
    A 10250 micro nugget?
    Or an RCR2. Might be easier to build but still pretty dang small.

Just chillin with the grandaddy Lumenite, waiting for the year to end.

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post

Nice!! That's one of the very few, and I think you were our first customer (since we've been manufacturing in-house). Very much appreciated - and I hope you still use it! And I hope it serves you well if the power goes out in the last seconds of this year, which wouldn't surprise me.

The design has definitely changed over the last several months....

Thanks again, nbp
    -Fraz

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by nbp View Post

Man, I do NOT miss fluting those engines. I'm glad that 2020 gave us time to make the designs easier to repeat, we have SO many oopsie lights thanks to that taper!

Enlightened

Happy 2021!! Without y'alls support, none of this would be possible - thanks so much for paying attention to and investing in our project. Here's a look at the original Qzark (which we didn't machine ourselves) compared to the Tiny Nugget and Lumenite (which we manufacture ourselves in every sense of the word). The internal change is the most impressive part, but y'all know I love a good cliff hanger...

May all of you have an amazing end to this dumpster fire of a year, and I hope to chat with you all in 2021!

Default Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Yes I believe the first of the new non-black lights offered up! I still enjoy the massive output range on this light and the excellent QTC control. My buddy has one of the old black lights, I should get that one in a pic for a progress pic. Suppose then Iíd need one of the very newest ones to complete the set. Haha

Edit: You posted the comparison pic just as I commented! Lol

HDS SDR50 (LH351D 5K S6) vs. Lumenite 21700 (LH351D 5700K W6)

Versus results are exactly as I had envisioned and it is clear why the 5700K at 90 CRI was selected as an emitter option for the HDS BeCu.
    Last edited by adamlau; 01-01-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    Nice!! That's one of the very few, and I think you were our first customer (since we've been manufacturing in-house). Very much appreciated - and I hope you still use it! And I hope it serves you well if the power goes out in the last seconds of this year, which wouldn't surprise me.

The design has definitely changed over the last several months....

Thanks again, nbp
    -Fraz
    Hey Fraz, can you please clean you PM folder? Cant seem to reply to your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno28 View Post
    Hey Fraz, can you please clean you PM folder? Cant seem to reply to your message.
    It should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    It should be good to go.
    still can't seem to send. DO you have an email?

Enlightened

Please do not post others personal info, such as email addresses or similar.
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-01-2021 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Posting others eMail

Although I do not see a business eMail openly listed or published on Fraz Labs website, there is a "Contact Us" webmail form there.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Although I do not see a business eMail openly listed or published on Fraz Labs website, there is a "Contact Us" webmail form there.
    Speckacuda IS frazlabs
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Speckacuda IS frazlabs
    All sorted. Fraz is quick. Was just some issues with full inbox.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    Please do not post others personal info, such as email addresses or similar.
    Sorry I did not see that you appear to be affiliated with @TheFraz but it is still best not to post "others" eMail info.

It is difficult for staff to know who is an official representative or not, and eMail addresses posted openly on the web tend to get scraped up for bulk spamming.
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.

Speckacuda IS frazlabs
    Yes, I see that now, thanks.

Saw a recent join date, very few posts, and someone else's eMail info.

Didn't recognize the username, and most of the time, all that means scam, spam, or similar.

Not here though

archimedes, we so appreciate you and your oversight. speckacuda is a machinist and has been most helpful answering our specific questions as well as providing delightful images.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast