ArmyTek        
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Default Re: Fraz Labs Mechanical Flashlights (formerly QTC Non-Battery Crush)

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    archimedes, we so appreciate you and your oversight. speckacuda is a machinist and has been most helpful answering our specific questions as well as providing delightful images.
    Thanks for that. I like the QTC concept, so these have been high on my list of torches to try for a while now
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Thanks for that. I like the QTC concept, so these have been high on my list of torches to try for a while now
    archimedes, thank you so much for looking out for us and the site. And I can totally understand vetting 'cuda as she is super sketchy....as I know better than anyone. Is there any way to block her from seeing this?

New addition.....21700 Tiny Nugget. More info coming soon. And the 21700 Tiny Nugget (2 units) is ready to buy at frazlabs.com shortly.

The Tiny Nugget 18650, 18350, 18500, and now 21700 all are interchangeable with the Tiny Nugget Engine now.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Sorry I did not see that you appear to be affiliated with @TheFraz but it is still best not to post "others" eMail info.

It is difficult for staff to know who is an official representative or not, and eMail addresses posted openly on the web tend to get scraped up for bulk spamming.
    I want to apologize; I am so sorry to have set off an alarm and I totally understand why you pulled the address. I didn't think about spam (as we have pretty decent filters), I just wanted Bruno to be able to get in touch with us quickly. The website "contact us" is probably the second best way to get in touch, future reference for all y'all when Fraz doesn't clean out his inbox!

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    Speckacuda IS frazlabs
    Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    archimedes, we so appreciate you and your oversight. speckacuda is a machinist and has been most helpful answering our specific questions as well as providing delightful images.
    Thank you both for vouching for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFraz View Post
    archimedes, thank you so much for looking out for us and the site. And I can totally understand vetting 'cuda as she is super sketchy....as I know better than anyone. Is there any way to block her from seeing this?
    You're SO funny. Good luck unthawing your glasses from that giant ice block tomorrow...

Or...We can PM speckacuda

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by adamlau View Post
    Or...We can PM speckacuda
    I gotcha covered! Also, thanks for the pics, those beam shots are sweet!

Flashaholic*

I really want a 21700 in 3000k or lower so when I知 drinking at night and loathing in my own Self pity I can run that thing on super low and pretend it痴 a candle........ or just when I知 watching old baseball since I don稚 drink anymore. Imagine the runtimes these lights get out of a 21700!
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Let me just send a big shout out to the Fraz and speckacuda for the great customer service on my light! I just got it back this morning, after it's detour to the North Pole, and I can tell you, that Santa was extremely pleased with how well "my" Lumenite 21700 held up to all the rigors of his holiday deliveries. Santa has been around since the beginning of time, so he's used every light that, the "little humans" have ever developed. And this is the first time that one of these, "fire sticks", as he calls them, has ever survived an entire holiday season, and as such it is being awarded the official "Santa Seal Of Approval". It says a lot when the "Man" himself (well actually, Mythical Entity) , recommends a light made by "mere humans." I personally can't think of a better recommendation! Zandar

Quote Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
    Let me just send a big shout out to the Fraz and speckacuda for the great customer service on my light! I just got it back this morning, after it's detour to the North Pole, and I can tell you, that Santa was extremely pleased with how well "my" Lumenite 21700 held up to all the rigors of his holiday deliveries. Santa has been around since the beginning of time, so he's used every light that, the "little humans" have ever developed. And this is the first time that one of these, "fire sticks", as he calls them, has ever survived an entire holiday season, and as such it is being awarded the official "Santa Seal Of Approval". It says a lot when the "Man" himself (well actually, Mythical Entity) , recommends a light made by "mere humans." I personally can't think of a better recommendation! Zandar
    Thank you! Glad you got it back in one piece (we've had many packages take quite the detour in getting to their destination lately).

Also very glad the FireStick got the seal of approval!

FYI, the 21700 works great with a 114/115 or 207/208 o-ring bumper at the negative ala Malkoff/Oveready to help protect the cell.
    208 rear bumper does not impede the fit or function of anything...

Flashaholic

Bump for a Tiny Tank 18500 picture or two please.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by discoverEDC View Post
    Bump for a Tiny Tank 18500 picture or two please.
    I gotcha covered! This one is hot off the assembly line.

Do all your new models have the one piece battery tubes now?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Got this in today and I知 rarely impressed these days but this is a nice light. I will want another one as I may give this one to my mom. She uses a light (malkoff) everyday and the ramping UI is the way to go.

Please add me to the list for:

1 - Tiny Nugget - Samsung 351D 4K LED. (If 3k is available at the time of my build I値l take that)

Is anodization an option?

Awesome light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Do all your new models have the one piece battery tubes now?
    We are limited by our machines and tooling at the moment, so only the 18350 battery tubes are plugless (unplugged?). Boring deep holes is far from boring...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post
    Got this in today and I知 rarely impressed these days but this is a nice light. I will want another one as I may give this one to my mom. She uses a light (malkoff) everyday and the ramping UI is the way to go.

1 - Tiny Nugget - Samsung 351D 4K LED. (If 3k is available at the time of my build I値l take that)

Awesome light.

So glad you like it, hopefully mom is also impressed! I've got you down for another. As far as anodization goes, all ours are done in the natural color like yours. We've tried a few colors (green and red, mainly) but it's very difficult to get all the parts to match. Black really wants to turn purple. It's a bit of a nightmare.

Great thank you. If you guys are willing to experiment and make a 澱urple light would take that. I知 not picky at all.

If not, then I more than happy with a standard one.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    I gotcha covered! This one is hot off the assembly line.

Sweet, thank you! Maybe this one has my name on it 😉 There is an art to taking good product pictures and I think that you do a great job 👍
    Walt
    Last edited by discoverEDC; 01-05-2021 at 06:11 AM.

what is the LED in there Jimmy?. Thanks!.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post

Awesome light.

Malkoff Junkie

That痴 a Samsung led.

Will there ever be a tank edition of the Lumenite 21700? Solid brass positive insert with integrated threaded post? lol...Off to check McMaster-Carr for brass washers and brass lock nuts (nylon insert)...

Flashaholic

speckacuda PM sent.
    This thread had been too quiet, we need some posts. So, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Blaster and a Tiny Tank or Tiny Nugget? I've looked through the thread and instagram and the posted videos and haven't been able to figure it out.
    Walt

Enlightened

I just spent an hour typing out the most beautiful, eloquent post EVER, and it was timed out. Guess who forgot to copy the post before hitting "post"?
    Here's attempt two.

Will there ever be a tank edition of the Lumenite 21700? Solid brass positive insert with integrated threaded post? lol...Off to check McMaster-Carr for brass washers and brass lock nuts (nylon insert)...
    Anything is possible when you make them yourself! Keep on the lookout for more updates...

speckacuda PM sent.
    This thread had been too quiet, we need some posts. So, can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Blaster and a Tiny Tank or Tiny Nugget? I've looked through the thread and instagram and the posted videos and haven't been able to figure it out.
    Walt
    PM sent back! Also, that reminds me....

Here's a photo of the very first light we ever took to market (please note that I'm not a hand model) - none other than the Qzark, the original non-battery crush QTC flashlight sold right here in this very forum years ago (lets not count how many years it was though ). This was a total pain in the neck to assemble for multiple reasons.

Number one (rolled into number two and three): that was my debut as queen solderer, and I really sucked at it. Also, the negative wire had to be long enough that it would reach the screw on the bottom piston (yes, it was a two piston system back then) and wrap around it, then hold up to twisting said bottom piston 40ー or so back toward the LED (so the screw would clear the wall of the bezel that this entire engine screwed into, which is where the breakdown in QC first started when we subbed these out to machine shops - fun side note there). Nine times out of ten the solder was the weak link and would come off the pad, or that remaining one time it would be the super strong link, ripping the whole pad and half the trace off with the turn. This is why we know how much force the old engine could take (because many were thrown in various directions), and also why the need for a wireless design became the number one goal. As for the positive wire, it had to be long enough to get through to the other side and it had to have just enough of the protective insulation around it to protect it while in the thru-hole, but no more than that or it would interfere with the way it interacted with the spring on the other side. Did I mention I suck at measuring things? It was a wild ride, those years.

All of this was more dependent on the anodization than Fraz liked (which we also subbed out). So it was all changed into something that wouldn't take quite so many years off our lives...

Keep in mind, Fraz designed that first flashlight without any computer aided modeling at all. Nothing but napkin drawings and MANY prototypes on the Harbor Freight mill and lathe in the garage. I'm still impressed by the Qzark, despite its frustrating nature.

The underbelly!

Also, the Tiny Tank was designed to be a battle ram of sorts. We have used is as a baseball and a golf tee, chunked it off a 50ft bridge and it's still holding up nicely. The Tiny Nugget is a slimmer version of this light. The blaster was just outfitted with an SST40, which turned it into a hand held light cannon (is that a thing?). It was awesome, but we are having a hard time finding those emitters at the moment.
    Last edited by speckacuda; 01-11-2021 at 04:30 AM.

Flashaholic

Wow, thanks for the design history and the info about the Blaster! It takes a lot of work to put together a long post like that (including pictures!). I wouldn't worry about the hand model thing, the thing that CPF folks care about is getting lights in their own hands. LOL. Thanks for posting in general, it's great to get information.
    Walt

I知 really not a warm tint kinda guy but really want one in 3000K. With this awesome design I think it would be a really nice option.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

I love this light more and more everyday. I also enjoy seeing these posts and pictures with history and inner workings of the light.

Flashaholic*

Can I order a 5000k TTank from this thread?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    Can I order a 5000k TTank from this thread?
    Yes, this is the place. Need to get acknowledgement from TheFraz or speckacuda.

Flashaholic*

Yes, this is the place. Need to get acknowledgement from TheFraz or speckacuda.
    Ok, thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by speckacuda View Post
    ...The blaster was just outfitted with an SST40, which turned it into a hand held light cannon (is that a thing?)..
    Photon Cannon?

I am in the field with a Blaster-I assure anyone reading this it most certainly IS a light cannon, photon blaster, or my personal favorite, day-maker. Most recently, I have dropped it off a 12 step (accidentally) on to concrete.
    It left a white mark, on the floor. Beam did not stutter

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by ScapegoatUmi View Post
    Photon Cannon?

I am in the field with a Blaster-I assure anyone reading this it most certainly IS a light cannon, photon blaster, or my personal favorite, day-maker. Most recently, I have dropped it off a 12 step (accidentally) on to concrete.
    It left a white mark, on the floor. Beam did not stutter

Is the Blaster based on the Tiny Tank or Tiny Nugget? What battery tube are you using?

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast