• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

R50 Pro UI questions - Can you adjust the lumens output for different modes?

KillingTime

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Looking to buy a 3k lumens rechargeable flashlight in the 26650 format. I don't need full output for more than 15 seconds at a time, just long enough to quickly scan an area, then off.

It's nice to see someone has finally realised taking a flashlight to bits in order to charge it is so 19....70s. Olight has the magnetic tailcap charger system - well done.

I also see from the manual on this light that turbo isn't memorised at all, and high is only memorised for 10 minutes (?). So the flashlight defaults to medium after this - 400 lumens (on a 3.2k lumens capable light - Ouch).

Which means fiddling about with button presses to get it into a higher mode - every time I turn it on.....

My questions are;

1. Can the level of the medium mode (and others) be changed?
2. Is it possible to remove the 10 minute memory loss on Hi mode?
3. Do Olight offer a reprogramming service for the above?

I don't see anything in the manual on the above, but there might be some hidden modes or groups that are not documented.

I'm aware you can double click to get turbo. Looking for a bit more control than this, so the light starts up at the output I want on a single click.

If the answer to the above is -no - what about other lights like the seeker 2 out at the end of August. 3k lumens on the 21700 format (I can live with the lower runtime). Will that have the same UI as the R50 pro or can it be programmed to start on any output level (and remember it).

Thanks,

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Looking to buy a 3k lumens rechargeable flashlight in the 26650 format. I don't need full output for more than 15 seconds at a time, just long enough to quickly scan an area, then off.

It's nice to see someone has finally realised taking a flashlight to bits in order to charge it is so 19....70s. Olight has the magnetic tailcap charger system - well done.

I also see from the manual on this light that turbo isn't memorised at all, and high is only memorised for 10 minutes (?). So the flashlight defaults to medium after this - 400 lumens (on a 3.2k lumens capable light - Ouch).

Which means fiddling about with button presses to get it into a higher mode - every time I turn it on.....

My questions are;

1. Can the level of the medium mode (and others) be changed?
2. Is it possible to remove the 10 minute memory loss on Hi mode?
3. Do Olight offer a reprogramming service for the above?

I don't see anything in the manual on the above, but there might be some hidden modes or groups that are not documented.

I'm aware you can double click to get turbo. Looking for a bit more control than this, so the light starts up at the output I want on a single click.

If the answer to the above is -no - what about other lights like the seeker 2 out at the end of August. 3k lumens on the 21700 format (I can live with the lower runtime). Will that have the same UI as the R50 pro or can it be programmed to start on any output level (and remember it).

Thanks,

Sadly no to all of above, neither olight or acebaem has really advanced UI so no u cant program.. but u can do that if u have budget lights that run the very advanced ui called anduril or narsim which has ramping ui, modes that can be programmed etc... olight should use that UI but they are using same on all models.. usually double click is turbo, 3 clicks is strobe etc...

KillingTime

Newly Enlightened
Hello mortuus,

Thanks for the reply.

That's a shame. The charging system on this is a big step forward. Many of these sigle cell big emitter lights run in near direct drive mode on turbo, so having a fully charged cell is a must if you want full potential at turn on. Running even a half depleted cell makes a big difference to output. Hence the need for easy charging.

Nice design and finish as well.

Will keep looking.